His birthday

A Jikook Oneshot Collection's

 

JIMIN's POV

 

" Goshh.... I gave upp.. "  I muttered under my breath while playing with the  ends of the page from a recipe book.. It was actually A Baking Recipe Book.

 

" Jimin, why are you even complaining? You're just having trouble to choose between a strawberry cake or vanilla, just combined it both if you still can't choose which one is the best, besides, Jungkook will definitely like it . "  Taehyung explained, playing with his phone at the same time.

 

I perked up right after hearing Taehyung's opinion. I gave him my signature smile although he didn't notice.

 

" Good idea!  Thanks, Taehyung!  You can go now.." I beamed while patting his shoulders. Taehyung groaned in response.

 

" You made me came here for nothing! What the actual .. Park Jimin! Gosshh... why did I even be friends with you? "  He groaned and I just laughed sheepishly, feeling funny because of his statement.

 

Actually, today is Jungkook's birthday and me, myself as his beloved boyfriend wanted to bake a cake to celebrate with him together although I had never bake before. 

 

But, with Seokjin hyung's help, he had teached me how to do it a few weeks before Jungkook's birthday, which is today. I had never feel this exciting before. I hope that it turns out edible.

 

" Taehyung.. I'm just joking, I would definitely need an assistant to help me right now.... I have so much work to do.. "  I told him while folding up my  sleeves and Taehyung cooed happily. 

 

I had asked him to help me decorated the living room and he gave me a salute as a replied before marching his way to the living room. 

 

After  I had put the batter into an oven, I waited patiently while texting Jungkook about asking him to come home early without him knowing the main reason. Well, it's indeed a surprise.

 

A few minutes had passed, my eyes suddenly felt a bit drowsy and less than a minute,  I went off to dreamland with my head and elbows were on the countertop.

 

"  Jimin! wake up! Help me!  This flag banner thing had tangled me up alived!  Yah! Jimin.. wake up! "  I woke up with Taehyung's voice rang in my ears. I quickly jolted up from my seat and helped him in the living room.

 

After 10 minutes, I had managed to untangle him from the flag banner, he smiled, showing his rectangular smile... but soon vanished after his nose scrunched up while I am staring at him in confusion.

 

" What's the matter, Tae? " I asked in concern while suddenly my nostrils caught some unpleasant smell coming from the kitchen.My eyes widened in horror.

 

" Seems like something is burning. " Taehyung replied blankly and he also was staring at the countertop in the kitchen.

 

" Oh crap... "  I muttered while I dashed quickly to the oven and after I had done taking the cake out, I yelped in pain because I realized that I had carried the cake without using any gloves. Way to go, Park Jimin..

 

" Oh , Jimin! Are you okay? ! I have to call Jung- "

 

     " No no.... it's okay, Taehyung.. You don't have to.. The pain will gone after this. I'm okay. "  I told him while looking at my burning hands. Well, it's not that bad. 

 

" Luckily the cake is okay... " I heard Taehyung spoke and I took a glance at the strawberry mixed with vanilla cake.. yup.. it looks great and edible enough. Now, time to decorate it! This is the best part!  I thought to myself while looking at my cake.

 

But I had troubled to decorate it because of my burning hands.. and each time I pressed the icing into the cake, I will moaned in pain and it took me longer than it was supposed to be. Taehyung wanted to help me but I declined his offer. I wanted to make this birthday cake special.

 

JUNGKOOK'S POV

 

I sighed in relief after I had managed to finish my work for today... Damn my body hurts.. I thought while massaging my shoulder but, one thing for sure, it will be never the same as Jimin's.Damn, I missed him already.

After I had parked my car in the garage. I took a glance at my wristwatch.. 11.59 pm..  I felt stressed up after I had messaged Jimin that I couldn't come home earlier than he expected and he told me that it was okay but I know that it's not....

 

Jimin is definitely in bed, sleeping... I thought to myself and glancing the wristwatch again.

 

But it was different from what I had thought before after watching Jimin sleeping with his head on the dining table, his right hand holding a bag of icing while the other was supporting his head.  Ahh.. what a cute sight..

 

There were icings with different colours on his puffy cheeks and his pink hair were beautifully disheveled, well,  it took all of me to prevent myself from pinching Jimin's cheeks while also cooed for his effing adorable state.I soon realised that there was a strawberry-vanilla cake decorated perfectly with icings and such. 

 

I also noticed the decorations around the living room and it had made me felt like tearing up right now after knowing my boyfriend had put a lot effort to cherish my own birthday that I even didn't remember it myself.

 

I tried to hold back my tears and quickly put the cake in the refrigerator. When I was about to carry Jimin, I noticed that   both of his hands were wrapped with band-aid bandage around his palm.

 

The moment I realized something, I let out a single tear, running through my cheeks...  

 

Jimin... why did you risked yourself into putting effort for someone like...like me? I think I'm not a good boyfriend afterall. I always working until midnight and never give you any of my time to spend it with you... I felt useless.. because I can't tell you what  I really feel and  you know that I'm bad at expressing my own thoughts... It was clearly in here that you're too good to be with someone like me.... I think I didn't deserve you and your love...

 

I wiped my tears and immediately carried Jimin into my arms and it's been so long since I had feel this familiar warmth that could bring me comfort and reassurance. I climbed the stairs while my eyes were never leaving Jimin's closed ones.He just looks so beautiful. I pecked his forehead and l placed him on our bed.

 

" I love you, Jimin.. I love you so ing much.. " I whispired while giving him kisses on his now cleaned from the icings face. His brows furrowed  and I knew he was half awaked right now.

 

"Mmmhm... Jungkook.. happy.... birthday.... I've made ....a  ...cake for you.. "  he mumbled with his half lidded eyes staring towards me... his lips were a bit pouted. I chuckled faintly and gave him a peck on his eyes, nose, cheeks and finally his soft yet tempting lips. 

 

He giggled slightly while snuggled closer to my open arms until his nose were slightly touching my collarbones.I inhaled his sweetly strawberry scent hair and hugged his small waist tightly.

 

"  Thank you, Jimin... for everything.. and I will eat the cake later... can't wait to taste it"  I mumbled and kissed his forehead again. I was about to drift into the dreamland when I heard Jimin said something that made my stomach fluttered.

 

" Jungkook?  "

      

      " Yes, baby? "  

 

"  I love you too.. so much..."