Chapter 7

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So I've re-written this chapter many times and I was going to surprise you guys with something, but that idea went down the drain, I just couldn't be satisfied with my writing lately TT^TT Someone help me~

"Jongdae! Jongdae, please...  Don't close your eyes..."

Baekhyun was kneeling besides his injured friend, dainty hands covering the wound in an attempt to stop the flowing blood. There were tears b the edge of his worried eyes, body shaking from fright and countless of irrelevant words leaving his lip-bitten mouth.

"It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay..."

"Papa!" Jongdae's son, Jongsu, was wailing his lungs out. His tears fell in waterfalls and he was right beside Baekhyun, tugging at his father's robe uselessly.

Jongdae laid frozen on the ground, his blood staining the vivid green grass, his skin was as pale as snow and his face was scrunched up pain. The metal arrow pierced his stomach deeply, the head of it hard to pull out and his skin around the wound was turning a dark purple. He was poisoned.

The second arrow was a few feet away, Baekhyun instinctively having to use his element at the last second to protect himself to avoid being injured. His body was surged with power the moment the arrow came too close to touching his skin. He didn't know what triggered him, but he wished his element could've protected Jongdae as well.

"Jongdae... Stay with me..." Baekhyun desperately called out, softly patting Jongdae's cheek with his bloodied hands when Jongdae wasn't responding or moving. Baekhyun turned his head to watch guards flowing inside the garden, their armors glimmering in the sun and their swords held out in front of them, ready to strike. His servants was hundled in a circle, tears flowing out of their eyes and whispering prayers for himself and Jongdae.

He looked at Jongsu beside him and his heart broke at the way the child kept on adressing his father. "Jongsu... Someone take Jongsu away from here!"

A servant qucikly obeyed his command and though he was filled with guilt with the way Jongsu kept screaming and thrashing, he didn't want the child to witness the state his father was in.

"What is going on here?!" Yelled a deep voice. Baekhyun knew that voice anywhere.

Upon hearing Chanyeol's voice, Baekhyun broke down in tears. He couldn't contain his built up emotions anymore, from the weeks he was hurting from not seeing Chanyeol and the possibility that his friend could die right before his eyes.

He looked at the direction towards Chanyeol, he was with Sehun and Zitao, his dark eyes roaming around until their eyes met the instance the other felt a stare directed towards him. Chanyeol's eye flickered to Jongdae's injured body and back to Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter