Chapter 10

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feet thumping against the polished wooden floorings, Minseok races down the hallway, heart thudding painfully against his chest.

"You are dismissed!" Minseok shouted, his soldiers immediately coming to a stop as they watch their great general run towards his destination. 

Minseok turned a left, closer to his desired location. All he could hear was the thundering of his heartbeats, a constant rythym that was picking up speed the longer he thought about the state of Jongdae. The scenery blurred as panick began to settle into his skin as he worried for the man he cherished.

Jongdae. Jongdae. Jongdae. Jong-

All thoughts were on the man Minseok whispered promises to. The image of his lips lightly grazing soft ones as words of being together were exchanged flashed into his mind. He picked up his pace, his heart feeling as if it was trying to rip out of his body. Oh, how the downfall of a dangerous general is becuase of a single man.

"Jongdae!" Bursting through the doors and annoucing his arrival uncermoniously, Minseok pants, out of breath, as his eyes scan for his beloved. His eyes travel across empty beds, over the heads of servants and towards the cluster of people in the center of the room.

There, lying on a bed beside a concentrating Yixing, was the most precious person he is lucky to call his.

From this distance and through the mass of moving bodies, Minseok can noticably tell that Jongdae had a small chance of surviving.

Taking shaky steps towards the working group, he drew in deep breathes as he tried to calm his emotions that was so close to spiraling out of control. He pushes his way in, muttering to get out of his way and ignoring the low bows and surprised gasps he recieves. He drops to his knees heavily next to Yixing, the medic not even bothered by his presence and only continued to heal Jongdae.

Minseok took in the sight of his lover.

He was a sickly pale, the blood drained from his face as he laid still as a statue. His chest was barely moving, a sign that he didn't have much time left. Crimson blood was still sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter