Chapter 11

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blinking his heavy eyes open, Baekhyun stretches his arm towards the ceiling, yawning widely. He hears a deep chuckle and tiredly lifts his eyes towards the source.

Chanyeol had the side of his face leant against a fisted hand, elbow ontop of the throne's armrest. A small smirk was on his face as his dark eyes watched Baekhyun. His other hand was rested against the small of Baekhyun's back, supporting Baekhyun in case he fell backwards.

Baekhyun merely blinked as he put his arms around Chanyeol's waist. "This is my fourth time waking up..."

He whined lowly into Chanyeol's chest, a hand coming to rub at his nose in irritation as he was still tired. A hand grabbed his wrist, stopping his movement. Baekhyun blinked up at the emperor who was just staring at his face.

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, a smile spreading across his face. "You remind me of something..."

Baekhyun furrowed his brows, also tilting his head to mirror the emperor. "What do I remind Your Majesty of?"

"A fox. A very cute one."

Flushing to the tips of his ears, Baekhyun turned his head to the side, only to realise they were palace guards stationed around the throne room, making him blush harder as they could possibly heard of what Chanyeol had said.

"A little fox."

Baekhyun turned his head towards Chanyeol to half heartedly glare at him. He crossed his arms as Chanyeol held his hips. "I am not little."

"You are smaller than me, little fox." Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun grunted. "I could just eat you."

"I'll have Your Majesty know that foxes are predatory animals." Baekhyun huffed.

"Yes, but they're also preys to larger predators." Chanyeol said as he continued to laugh.

Baekhyun swatted at Chanyeol and looked at the window behind the throne, ignoring Chanyeol for the moment who found the current situation amusing. The sun was no longer present, replaced by the glowing moon as stars twinkled brightly agaisnt the dark sky. He frowned as he registered that hours have passed since the unfortunate incident that happened that involved both himself and Jongdae.

Jongdae.

Lightly tapping Chanyeol on his chest, Baekhyun asked what the condition of his friend was. "How's Jongdae?"

The emperor ceased his laughing as his lips turned upside down. Baekhyun was patiently waiting for a response as he could tell that Chanyeol was debating whether he should tell him or not.

Chanyeol finally sighed. "A guard came by earlier while you were asleep, I figured you would ask about Jongdae when you, little fox, woke up."

He blushed faintly at how Chanyeol casually said the nickname, but nodded at him to continue.

"Jongdae... He's..." Chanyeol's tone became solemn and Baekhyun did not like it one bit. "...He isn't getting any better."

"Oh."

O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter