Chapter 2

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I just wanted to say thank you to those who read and subscribed to my work! I love all the nice comments people have wrote and I thank them for writing it, it encourages me to quickly write this fic XD. But really, I didn't expect many people to start reading this and give me supporting comments, I lack in putting my imagination to writing and I'm really sorry if there's any mistakes. You can follow my instagram account @officialone_ for updates on Bride of the Phoenix and my future works. Again, thank you for reading! It means a lot that someone is enjoying my story :)

Baekhyun wanted to kill himself. He wanted to grab a sword and stab himself over and over again because he just couldn't believe what he did yesterday. 

If anyone found out, dear lord, he would be beheaded for atrocious behaviour.

To the emperor, no less.

Yesterday, after emperor Chanyeol confessed he was the emperor, Baekhyun pushed, pushed, Chanyeol to the point the emperor stumbled backwards and Baekhyun made a mad dash to his room. 

Now, Baekhyun was sitting in the dining hall with the other men and women who came to the palace, his feelings of anxiety slowly eating him up. He couldn't sleep at all, worried someone would knock on his door and drag him to the emperor to be killed. Baekhyun was honestly scared for his life, he didn't have much to live for, but he was still young and he had to return to his village to take care of this sick child he adored.

"My, you look even more horrible today." Spoke a voice with barely concealed laughter. Baekhyun looked up from where he was fidgeting with his hands and he was face to face with the beautiful woman from yesterday. This time, she's wearing a bright red robe, the colour attracting many eyes, for it was mostly seen on the emperor and is rarely worn by the citizens. It is not forbidden to wear red, but it is mostly out of fear. "Palace life too hard for you?"

Baekhyun was getting tired of her insults, but he could do nothing, he didn't have it in him to rebut her statements. Baekhyun had always been the submissive type, listening to what others had to say and following their demands, constantly the target of abuse and pulled down by their hurtful comments. Today was of no difference.

The woman narrowed her eyes as Baekhyun didn't show a reaction or even speak, in fact, Baekhyun hadn't said a word to anyone but the emperor since he arrived. "Are you... Are you mute?" The woman bursted out laughing, the sound travelling all around the room, silencing the chatter of men and women. "We have a useless person here at the palace!"

The woman kept on laughing, her wicked laugh coming out from a nightmare as Baekhyun sat frozen, he was in shock at her declaration. A person who couldn't speak wasn't 'useless', a person who had a condition of any sort wasn't useless. 

"The Emperor doesn't need someone who has an illness. Well, it's not like you'll get picked anyway." She snorted, forming a menacing smirk a few seconds afterwards.

"How did you manage get into the palace?" She questioned. "Hmm... Perhaps, since you couldn't talk, you used that mouth of yours to do... Certain things to the guards..."

By now, Baekhyun had tears in his eyes and he was clenching his hands to the point it hurt. He was humiliated in front of many and accused of something he didn't do, he felt sick and all he wanted to do was run out of this room and cry.

Before the woman could say anything more, the door bursted open and a tall emotionless man dressed in black military outfit walked in. He was handsome with a well structured face and body and his form was oozing out an air of nonchalant.

He raised a perfect brow at the silence of the room, but proceeded to remain calm as he spoke. "The Emperor will enter the room." He bowed. "His Royal Majesty, Park Chanyeol."

Majority of the people sat straighter, including the woman, and wore a bright smile, as if nothing that had happened moments ago didn't occur.

Baekhyun only slumped further in his seat with his head d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter