Chapter 6

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Mentioned mpreg

After that day, two weeks have passed and Baekhyun hasn't seen Chanyeol since then. Whenever he asked Jongdae the whereabouts of the emperor, he would shake his head and say that Chanyeol was busy. Baekhyun doubted that, what with the female servants gushing about Chanyeol and a certain Lady Sandara not so secretly. Honestly, Baekhyun was a bit upset, but it's not like he can do anything about it, he isn't as worthy as Lady Sandara.

During the time he didn't see Chanyeol, Kyungsoo would come to visit and they would chat, alongside with Jongdae. Baekhyun enjoyed their company, it was nice to have someone who he could talk to, whether it may be the most random things or not. He was quiet majority of the time, but it looked like Kyungsoo and Jongdae didn't mind, happy to just share many things about themselves.

He was now walking around in the palace gardens, enjoying the soft breeze and bright warm sun. Back where he lived, near the western borders, there weren't much sunshine. His small village was surrounded by tall intimidating trees and a huge uneven mountain was always glaring at the village. He would always fall ill or lose his energy countless times when he was growing up. When his family could finally afford a visit to the village's doctor, he found nothing wrong him, the docter didn't look very reliable, but it was better than nothing at the time.

It was during when he followed his father out of the village that he knew the soloution to his sickness. He remembered he was carried by his father on his back when he was nine years old, his father talking about hunting a deer for dinner. They were walking along the tall trees, darkness was their only other friend, they even had to hold a lantern to see where they were going. It was when his father stepped into a clearing when he felt it, the feeling of being completed at long last.

The sun was casting it's warm rays onto his tiny body, wrapping him in an tight embrace and soothing him of his illness. He remembered jumping off his father's back, shocking him and making him stumble. He ran in circles around his father, laughing and just feeling the sun on his pale skin. From then on, his parents would always try to find the sun's rays to rid him of his bad health.

Sighing in contentment, Baekhyun stopped beside the palace's lake and sat himself on the bench, tilting his head towards the sun. The top of his shoes just barely touched the ground and he unconsciously swung them, making the servants behind him squeal at the sight.

"Um... E- Excuse me..." A tiny unfamiliar voice said. Baekhyun looked to his right to find a small boy at the tender age of five, looking down and incredibly nervous.

He smiled softly, he was reminded of someone back at his village. "Yes?"

The little boy was wringing his navy blue shirt, little fingers scrunched tightly, Baekhyun cooed at the sight. "U- Um..." He lifted his little head and the corner of his lips vaguely reminded Baekhyun of Jongdae. "I- I just want to tell you that you're very beautiful!!"

Looking down at the blushing boy, Baekhyun's smile widen. "Thank you, you're very beautiful too. Cute, even."

"Jongsu!" A familiar voice yelled.

Emerging from the distance was Jongdae, running towards them at full speed, facial expression in panic. 

"Papa!" The little boy shouted excitedly.

Baekhyun startled, he didn't know Jongdae had a son.

Upon reaching them, Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter