Chapter 13

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Due to personal reasons, I wasn't able to update for a few months, but now that I'm better, I'll be able to write frequently once again! Follow me on twitter to know when I'll be updating: @_officialone_ 

UAL CONTENT (Not really explicit and it's kind of short, but just in case)

It’s okay, Baekhyun. You’re okay, you’re used to this.

Arriving at the medical wing, Baekhyun was escorted by a servant to where Jongdae was at upon his request. He pushed Chanyeol to the back of his head as his worry for his friend grew, that was a problem for another time.

His feet took him quickly across the marbled floor, his robes swishing around his body as he urged the servant in front of him to quicken their steps. He wanted to see how Jongdae was doing and if he could be of any help to Yixing. It had been hours since he last saw his friend bloody and motionless in his arms, he hopes to see a better version of Jongdae when he arrives at his room.

Nodding his head in thanks to the servant, he pushes open the door to Jongdae’s hospital room, not realising they’ll be many healers and doctors alike present in the room. He flushes under their scrutiny, but proceeds to a sweating Yixing when the healer waves him over.

“Hello Baekhyun, you must be here for Jongdae.” Yixing tiredly said. He looked up at Baekhyun and frowned as he saw bruises in the form of long fingers on Baekhyun’s jaw. “What in the name of the Phoenix happened to your face?”

“His Majesty…” That was all he said before Yixing sighed in annoyance.

“Nevermind me, is Jongdae getting any better?” He eyed Jongdae’s body, but frowned when the metal arrow that embedded Jongdae had disappeared.

Following Baekhyun’s eyes, Yixing decided to explain. “I removed it just moments ago. I had to see for myself if it was as bad as it looks.” He lightly traced over Minseok’s ice, the only thing keeping Jongdae from bleeding out. “It’ll take awhile to heal, but Jongdae would be back to the way he was after we get the antidote.”

“You have the antidote?”

“Well, no. Not really.” Yixing straightened his back and faced Baekhyun. “I sent out people to get me some herbs to create this rare medicine to keep Jongdae in this state. In the meantime, we’ll have to get the antidote or create one.”

“Oh.” Baekhyun deflated when he knew Jongdae wasn’t getting any better. However, he was determined to help and he knew he was useful, he did know how to make medicine after all. “I c-can help...? My knowledge of medicine making is vast and wide.”

Yixing seemed to be surprised when he said that. Of course, what would you expect from a poor and lowly commoner?

“Of course you can, we need all the help we can get.” Yixing smiled softly, after regaining his composure. “The people I’ve sent out should be here soon.”

As soon as the last words left Yixing’s mouth, bodies of people began appearing in the room, carrying wrapped cloth in their hands.

A doctor came stumbling forward, bowing to the both of them, but addressing Yixing. “I- I’ve got everything as soon as possible.”

“You’ve done well. Now, let’s get to work quickly.”

Yixing spreaded out the wrapped cloths on a nearby wooden table, Baekhyun next to him. The healer unwrapped them, revealing herbs, powders and plants that were used to make the medicine. He got Baekhyun to arrange them in order of what he needed first and explained the complex steps on making the medicine.

They were too many information going into Baekhyun’s head, making his hand shake, but he kept up with Yixing’s explanation. He wanted to do this, he was partially at fault. He’ll never let himself live knowing he had someone else’s blood on his hand. And he’ll certainly never be able to face Jongdae’s son.

Yixing turned to Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter