Chapter 15

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I finally had the motivation to update again??

“Here.” Baekhyun looked up from where he was sitting. Luhan stood above him, hand outstretched and holding a bowl of water.

“Thank you.” He whispered lowly as he took the offered water. Luhan nodded, however, he did not go back to the rest of his men. He just stood where he was and stared at Baekhyun. It made him restless, but he couldn’t tell one of his kidnappers to just go away lest he angered the other man.

“We’ll start moving soon. Drink up, I’ll come back in a few minutes.”

Baekhyun watched as Luhan stalked away from him. He found it odd that Luhan was acting generously towards him. His other captors stared at him with eyes full of hatred and what came out of their mouths was nothing kind, only degrading comments. Luhan always seemed to protect him though, glaring at whoever opened their mouths, shutting them up quickly.

True to his words, Luhan came back and gently helped him up, guiding him to where the rest was. He was always one step behind Baekhyun and never laid a hand on him, he found this unusual as the others were always roughly dragging him by the arms.

“The Emperor’s has finally arrived!” one of his captors exclaimed, the others laughed with him.

“Quiet.” Although Luhan had uttered a single word, the amount of power he held of the traveling group was tremendous as everyone present instantly seized talking. “Get everything ready. There’s a change of plans, leader wants us to go east.”

“What?” Hyunjoong exclaimed. He stomped up to Luhan and went right into his face. Baekhyun quickly stepped away from the glaring duo and hunched in into himself. “He didn’t say anything about the east.”

“Are you questioning my authority?” Luhan calmly asked. His hand went to wrap around the hilt of his sword as he quirked an eyebrow at Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong scoffed, “He would’ve told the rest of us if there was a sudden change.”

The atmosphere got even more intense as both men withdrew their blades. They danced around each other as they went around in a circle, each assessing the other’s movement. The silence was deafening, all the spectators could listen were the fighting pair’s feet brushing against grass.

Luhan was the first to break the silence. “You do know that I’m better at the sword than you are. I don’t think you could kill me with your element of colouring either.”

At the mention of his element, Hyunjoong went red in the face. His element was an embarrassment to him, all he could do was change the colours of objects.

With a roar, Hyunjoong went in for the kill. He raised his sword high in the air, leaving his torso free. Seeing an opening, Luhan sidestepped to the right and swung his own sword, slashing Hyunjoong across his stomach.

Hyunjoong went fell to the ground with a pained cry. He held his bleeding stomach as he stared up at Luhan with fear in his eyes. He could feel his body tremor in terror as he saw Luhan raised his sword once again. Before he knew it, the sword pierced through his chest and he instantly screamed out in agony.

Baekhyun whimpered in distress as he turned his head and dry heaved. He could hear Luhan pulling his sword out of the body and stabbing Hyunjoong. Over and over again. He immediately crouched down as he covered his ears with shaking hands, trying to block out the disturbing noise of a blade piercing through flesh. He squeezed his eyes shut, chasing away the image of a dead body out of his head.

In what felt like a few hours, Baekhyun felt a hand land on his shoulder. He jumped in shock and wrenched his eyes open, Luhan standing before him. He cowered in fear as Luhan looked in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter