Chapter 8

Bride of the Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I am back from the dead and I sincerely apologise for being away for far too long TT^TT My academic scores dropped to average and I had to bring up my grades during the time I was away, I had so much homework and I've been slacking off during class and I stressed so much over it that I didn't have time to write. However, I am proud to say I got my grades back up and I finally have the time to write without thinking about my academic scores! Tbh, I miss writing this fic so much, it's so fun whenever I have random ideas pop up into my head and I decide to put it in my story. I'll never neglect this fic for too long anymore~ Anyways, hope you all enjoy this chapter and please leave comments!

Brushing dark hair away from Baekhyun's face, Chanyeol took in the sight of his betrothed. His hair was disheveled and sticking up in all directions, his eyes letting out a waterfall of tears and trailing down like rivers, running through his round cheeks and finally dropping onto the pillow. Slender fingers curled up into a ball below his chin, all red and dried from the blood of another. His body was curled up into a ball and no matter how bad Baekhyun must've looked like to another person, Chanyeol found him to be beautiful, even in this state. Granted, Baekhyun looked beautiful in any situation, whether if he was just sitting there or not, Baekhyun seemed to glow. 

There was just something about Baekhyun that Chanyeol couldn't quite figure out. It was as if Chanyeol was entranced with the other. He wanted to keep Baekhyun safe, away from the cruel world they lived in, he wanted to hold him and comfort him in times of need, he wanted spoil him with everything that this world could offer. He doesn't understand what's happening, but he just wants Baekhyun to be happy. 

He wants to see how Baekhyun's eyes light up in happiness, even at the smallest and irrelevent things. Chanyeol admits that he had been neglecting the smaller, but everytime he caught a glimpse of a glowing Baekhyun around the palace, it had him wanting to protect Baekhyun from any darkness he might encounter. Chanyeol doesn't understand where this is all coming from, he has never felt this way before. He has seen way more beautiful men and women, seen what they can do, seen what they can offer, but why is it when it comes to Baekhyun, all he wants to do is give up his royal pride and kneel down for him? Nevertheless, if they were brought together by the Heavens above, he'll do anything to keep Baekhyun away from harm.

"Sleep Baekhyun." Chanyeol said in a low voice. Frightened eyes met his dark ones, the bright shine that was ever present disappeared, only to let fear concume them and take over. Chanyeol clenched his jaw, whoever did this, they will pay for it, even in the afterlife, he'll make sure of it. "I'll stay here with you."

Baekhyun gave a hesitant nod and slowly closed his eyes. After a long while, his breathing evened out, indicatiing that he had fallen asleep. Chanyeol slowly got up from his bed, brushing more of Baekhyun's hair out of his face. When he was satisfied, he turned towards the door and walked to where Sehun and Zitao were.

"Sehun, you stay here and look over Baekhyun." Chanyeol instructed in a tight voice, he was trying to contain his anger a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter