CALLER RING : ONE CHANCES

Caller Ring

 

 

After their meeting at the café, Sojung never saw Sinb again. It is not like she is giving up, but It is Sinb who didn’t come to the café make Sojung really have no idea what is she should do for the next step. She is patiently waiting for Sinb but she can’t meet her. It is been two days Sojung being back and forth to the café waiting for the younger girl will come to work. But no. Sinb is out of her sight.

Her coffee remain untouched on the table. She don’t have any mood to have even a sip of it.

“So—sojung unnie” A voice startled her. Sojung take a look in front of her and smile to herself when she see Yuna and Yerin in front of her.

“Yerin right?”

Yerin nodded. Sojung look straightly to Yerin as she take a deep breathe.

 

“Actually, the reason why I call you is because I want to apologize for that day. I—I didn’t mean—actually I didn’t mean to ruin your relationship with Sinb. It’s just I really don’t know that she already have someone. I’m sorry”

“It’s alright unnie”

“I’m really sorry. I—I just, I just want the best for my sister, that’s all”

“Sojung unnie, I also have something important to tell you. Actually, Chloe, I mean Sinb, we never in relationship. Sinb is lied to you, I’m not her girlfriend and we are just not more than a friend. For sure, I like her. I—I really like Sinb for my whole heart but I know, the only person in Sinb’s heart is your sister”

“But—“

“She still love Yewon, unnie. We can see it and Sinb, is really good hiding everything by herself. She have a reason, why she refuse to come back to Yewon. I’m sorry”

 

“Yuna what do you mean? I don’t understand?”

“U—unnie, I don’t want to accuse anything but—I’m sorry, I don’t think I can do this, I’m sorry e—excuse me” Yuju then stand up from her seat and ready to leave but Sojung hold her hand, tightly make Yuju stop in front of her.

 

“Yuna—Yuna! Yuna no ! I want you to sit here and explain to me everything! What is it? Just tell me!”

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………

 

 

After One Week

 

Yewon peacefully take her breakfast at the dining table. She is too hungry to wait for everyone to wake up so she decide to take her breakfast first. Today she have to come to the office because she have to handle an important meeting for their company. Sojung told her to help Sohye to settle everything since Sojung still have to fly back to Europe for the reason that Yewon also have no idea what it is.

 

“Yewon, Sohye need your help in the office. Please come to the office this Monday”

“But unnie, why are you going back to Europe again? You just arrived here yesterday”

“I still have a few things that I need to settle in there. So I really hope you can help her”

“But unnie—“

“I have no time right now Yewon, let’s talk later okay?”

 

 

Yewon sigh as she put her sandwich on her plate. Suddenly she lost her appetite, thinking about Sojung. Yewon really have no idea why would Sojung have to come to Europe again. She just hoping that her sister will not run into Eunbi in there, that is the only one thing that Yewon can pray for. She actually want to discuss about her wedding with Sojung, but every time she want to talk about that, Sojung always say to wait for her. Yewon don’t want to delay her wedding date anymore, it is only less than one week but nothing has been discuss yet. Hanseol also refuse to meet her since the day she told him to agree about their wedding.

 

“What with that heavy sigh my dear?”

“No—nothing. Good morning father”

“Good morning, why are you taking your breakfast without me? Are you going to the office today?”

“Yeah”

“That’s good then. Have Sojung called you? I’ve been called her since few days ago but she never answer any of my calls. I don’t know what is happen to her there. Did she called you?”

“Huh? N—no. Soju—Sojung unnie also didn’t called me these past few days. I tried to call her last night but she switch off her phone”

 

Yewon lie.

 

“Hmmm, that Sojung. She supposed to be here to help your upcoming wedding next week. Nothing has been discuss yet. If she ever call you please tell her to come back here faster, I have a lot of thing to discuss with her. I never told her to go to Europe, why she suddenly want to go there?”

“I—I also don’t know father. Uhmm, father I need to go now, it’s getting late already”

Yewon stand up and left her father at the dining room alone didn’t forget to bow to the old man. She is confuse and busy thinking about Sojung. Her father question regarding Sojung really confuse her. Getting annoying with her own monologue, Yewon take out her phone calling her one and only sister.

 

“Unnie? Sojung unnie”

 

“Hmm? Yewon why?”  Sojung sleepy voice make Yewon feel a little regret in her heart, she’s forget their time zone is different but her curiousty make Yewon ask Sojung even more, didn’t even care about Sojung who already whining on the line.

 

“Sorry, i wake you up. Unnie, I want to ask something”

 

“Yewon, unnie is sleeping right now, can we talk tomorrow morning? I’m really tired”

 

“Unnie, are you hiding something from me?”

 

“Yewon—“

 

“Unnie, answer me! Why you didn’t tell father anything? Are you hiding something from him?! From me?”

 

“Yewon, it’s almost three in the morning can you--“

 

“Just answer me!”

 

“Gosh! Yewon please!  I can’t corporate with you if you shouting like this to me. I’m really tired right now and no! I’m not hiding anything from you, from father! I just want to make things right! I hanging up right now”

 

 

 

‘Make things right?’

‘Unnie what are you trying to do? Don’t tell me that you already met Eunbi there? Please no. No it’s not. There’s no way Sojung unnie will remember her face, even I have a hard time to recognize her. Please don’t make things complicated again unnie’

Yewon is fighting with her own thought while driving.

 

 

“No. Sojung unnie please. She is a liar. Just let her stay away from me” Yewon say, as if someone can hear her words. She is tighten her grip on the steering. Her mind immediately flew to the night where her father told her everything.

 

 

 

 

First of all, I’m really sorry for my act. I just want to test her that day”

“What do you mean father?”

“Her. I tested her. Actually I—i—I’m sorry Yewon”

“What is it father?”

“I gave her money. I offered her money so that she will leave you forever. So that she will never be with you again”

“Yewon, I know I’m a heartless person in your eyes, but trust me I really want the best for you. You are the maknae in this family so i really want the best person to be with you. But Yewon, that girl is not right for you. I once thought that she really love you, that’s why I tested her with that kind of trick. But I really didn’t know that she will take the money”

“But father—“

“She even raised the money that I offered her. So I let her. I let her wrote the amount by herself. I’m sorry Yewon”

“Eunbi will never do that”

“I’m not a hateful person Yewon. This is the agreement between us few years ago, she is the one who willing to sign this paper at the first place and wrote the amount that she want that time. I’m really sorry for telling you this, but Yewon I really hope you forget about her and start your new life, of course without her. I just don’t you keep missing her, without knowing her real self”

“I—I no father, Eunbi—“

“I’m really sorry Yewon”

“How could her!”

 

 

 

 

“I hate you Eunbi! These tears,! They don’t deserve it! Stop crying Yewon!” Yewon wipe her tears harshly, still talking to herself.

Betrayed. Mad. The only thing that she can think for the whole time.

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………….

 

“I told yall do not calling me if you guys haven’t found her!”  Sojung madly said as soon she pick up her call, without looking at the caller id.

 

“Relax Mrs Kim. Are you on your period?” Sojung rolled her eyes after heard the person’s voice on the line. It is her annoying husband that call her.

 

“What do you want oppa?” Namjoon chuckled.

 

“Why? Can’t I call my own wife?”

 

“Seriously? I am working right now, let’s talk later”

 

“Tch? What kind of work? Looking for someone missing? At the other country? Europe isn’t your place Sojung, and that kid is not even missing, she is running away, running away from giant like you”

 

“Can you please stop disturbing me? If you don’t have anything important to tell me, then please stop calling me!” Sojung shout before hanging up the calls.

“I’m sorry Yuna, Yerin. He’s my husband, he never want to let me live in peace” Sojung apologize. Right now three of them is on the way going back to the hotel from searching for Sinb at the nearest town.

“It’s alright unnie—“ Even before Yuju can finish her words, Sojung’s phone is ringing again.

 

“Oppa, I’m driving right now” Sojung say and when she want to hanging up, the person on the line is actually her bodyguard.

 

“Ermm, Miss Sojung? I—I think I found her”

 

“What? Where?! Now?!”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Take her! And bring her to my hotel right now. If she refuse, just force her and drag her with yall. I will be there in a while!”

 

“Alright”

 

 

“They found Sinb!”

 

 

………………………………………………..

 

 

“Yuna please tell me. Please just tell me what is it?”

“I’m sorry unnie, but please trust me I just know about this few days ago”

“What is is?”

“Unnie, I don’t want to accuse anyone but I think Sinb took some money from Mr Kim, your father. I don’t know, I swear I really don’t know about this, but if I have to look back five years ago there’s no other reason other than that. I’m not accusing but, I really believe that Sinb might did some agreement with your father for all of this”

“What do you mean Yuna? Why would my father involve in this?! Talk to me properly!”

“I—I’m really sorry unnie. I know I have no proof to accuse everything but unnie. Five years ago—“

“Five years ago, my mother really need some medical expenses and at the same time, Sinb and Yewon just broke up. But trust me I never told her to look for money, I really never told her to look for it. But I think, Mr Kim might be offered her something and in return, she might get the money from your father”

“Sojung unnie—“

“Is that why two of you end up here since then?”

“Unnie—I—I—“

“Why you didn’t tell me about this five years ago?!”

“Unnie, She also just know about this few days ago. Sinb never tell her about this, we just jump into conclusion, that’s why we said we don’t want to accuse anyone. We are not sure about this too, please don’t blame Yuju”

“I—I’im sorry Yuju. I just can’t believe that he can do such thing”

“Unnie, maybe it’s not true. We just trying to complete our puzzle together, maybe it’s not your father fault”

“No, my father is that kind of person. Don’t worry I will talk to him when I come back. But Yerin?”

“H—huh? Yeah?”

“How about you?”

“I’m okay. I’m willing to help you”

“But you like Sinb don’t you? Why would you want to do this?”

“I want to see her happy. That is the most important for me. Even if she can’t be mine, at least I can see her smile and that will be better for me”

 

 

………………………………………………………….

 

“Let me go! What do you all want again from me?!” Sinb voice can be heard even from the outside room. She is struggling to let go of herself from being tied by the same bodyguards that take her five years ago.

“Just stay still kid!!”

“Why are you doing this to me again!?” Sinb shout, didn’t even care about everything.

 

“Everyone can hear your voice from outside Sinb-yah. Stop shouting. It’s alright, You guys can go and continue your holiday now” Sojung smirk as soon she step inside the room following by Yuju and Yerin behind her shocking SInb.

“Y—yerin? Yuju unnie?”

“Seriously? Only them? Why you didn’t say my name too? By the way, nice to meet you Sinb-ah”

“What do you want?! I told you to stop right?! Pease don’t disturb my life here! Just go back to Korea and leave me and my friend here!”

“What can I do? Yuna and Yerin need my help. Who told you to run away from your house kid?! You really like to make everyone worry about you!”

“Stop playing around! What do you want from me?!” SInb shout again.

“Aish, why would everyone shouting at me today? From Yewon to you, I don’t understand it” Sojung stated as she goes closer to Sinb and untied the rope from Sinb’s hand. After that, she rub Sinb’s wrist softly, feeling sorry after saw the red marks on the younger girls wrist.

“Yerin? Yuju unnie? What is this? Explain to me please?”

“We just want to help you Sinb”

“I don’t need any help, what I need right now is an explanation!”

“No need to mad at them. We already know everything. You have no choice back then isn’t it? That is why you being like this, isn’t it?” Sojung ask softly.

“Yuju unnie? Seriously? But—but how did you—“

 

“How I know is not important right now Sinb. The things is why you never told me about that SInb? Why are you keeping that with yourself?” Yuju start to rise her voice, there’s a little disappointed in her tone.

 

“But it doesn’t mean you can tell Sojung unnie about this! Can’t you see what is happening right now!?”

“We just want to help you”

“You guys are not helping me anything!!”

 

 

Sojung just look at Sinb who has been shouting for the whole time. She is still holding onto Sinb’s wrist, didn’t even have any thought to let it go. For her, Sinb that shouting in front of her is just someone who pretend to be tough outside but wreck inside. She give Yerin and Yuju a look, as a sign to them, that she want to talk with Sinb privately and when there’s only two of them inside them room, Sojung hug Sinb dearly, hoping that her hug is enough to make Sinb calm herself down.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry about everthing”

 

“Just leave me alone unnie. Please just go from here and leave me and my friends alone”Sinb reply and Sojung smile in that hug. Because for the time Sinb said her words, the girl is hugging her tightly and even cry in Sojung embrance.

 

Sojung want to help. She definitely want to help her.

 

“Please let me help you. Please let me to make everything right again. I’m really sorry about my father. Please forgive him”

Silent. Only Sinb’s sobbing that can be heard in the room. She want to protest but her other-self betraying her. How she want to push Sojung off and just run from the hotel room but seems, her feet has been glue on the ground. Instead of running away she just sitting there, letting herself getting hug by the older girl.

 

“I can’t unnie. Yewon deserve someone better than me. I can’t meet her anymore”

“Sinb, I don’t want you to give up on Yewon. I know my father did worse to you, but can we not think about him right now? I just want to see Yewon happy. And I know her happiness will come when she with you”

 

Sinb shake her head weakly signaling Sojung that she didn’t agree with any of it make Sojung feel a little bit mad to her.

“I’m not taking no as an answer. Tomorrow you will come with me, I will bring you back to Korea and settle all of this”

“What?! No! I’m not going with you and I’m not going anywhere!” Sinb protest as she let her hug from Sojung.

“Agree or not, everything is settle already. You will be with me on the plane tomorrow and you have no choice but to follow me”

“But—

“Just follow my command Hwang!” Sojung stop Sinb’s words sternly. Signalling Sinb that she will never change her mind.

And Sinb who knowing that she already lose, just let out a heavy sigh. Distancing herself from Sojung.

 

“I hate you. I hate rich people like you that make someone poor like me having no choice” Sinb say slowly but it enough to make Sojung heard her.

 

‘Let me help you for this one Sinb-yah’

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………………….

 

 

Cry. Cry as if she can turn the time back. She lock herself inside her room, doesn’t want to get caught by anyone. She don’t want someone seeing her crying. She hate it when someone see her tears. She barely cry, but today. She can’t held herself anymore. How she wish she could run to the airport and take Sinb back with her. How she wish that she can do something where she can stop Sinb from leaving Europe. How she wish she can meet Sinb earlier more than anyone else.

 

How she wish Sinb could be her’s. Forever.

 

 “I don’t even have a chance to confess my love for you. I hate you Chloe!”

 

“I hate you for not letting me to express my love for you before this. I hate you because you never let me to be in your heart! I hate you for loving someone who not me. I hate you”

 

And Yerin cry again. Cry as if Chloe can hear her heart.

 

 

Yuju who has been waiting in front of Yerin’s room door start letting out her tears. It hurt her. Listening to Yerin cry make Yuju hate herself even more. She hate herself for not be able to stop Yerin tears. How she hope that she can do it, so Yuju try. She open the door slowly, silently hoping that Yerin will not shut her out.

 

“Ye—yerin”

 

“H—how did you come in? What do you want?”

 

“I—I—it’s just—I heard you. I come here wan—wanting to comfort you” Stuttered. Yuju hate herself.

 

Silent.

 

“Yerin”

 

“Can you—can you please just leave me alone? I feel uncomfortable” Yerin say nicely. Doesn’t want Yuju to misunderstand her words. Yerin just want to be alone.

 

“I’m not going anywhere. Let me stay here with you. I promise I won’t say anything, I will not doing anything. I will just sit here behind you, I want to give you a company”

 

Yuju plead.

 

“Yuju—“

 

“Please. At least I want you to know that I will always be here for you. i—I don’t want you to be sad Yerin. I don’t—I don’t want you to cry alone. I—I’m here, I’m willing to listen everything, any single thing. Please just lean on me”

 

“I want to be alone”

 

“Give me a chance to comfort you, I don’t want you to see you cry”

 

“If you don’t want to see any of my tears then just go out and leave me alone. Please. Please understand me. Yuju”

 

“I—I just want to help you” Yuju say with her trembling voice. Hurt. It is hurt her.

 

“If you want to help then please go out. Going out from my room and give me a space, that will help me. Please”

 

“Yerin—i—alri—alright. If that’s what you want. If—if you need anything, I will be outside. Ex—excuse me and I’m sorry for barging into your personal space” Yuju say as she going out from Yerin’s room slowly. She really hope that Yerin can stop her from going out but even at her last step in front of the door, there’s no a single words from Yerin, make Yuju want to cry even more.  Make Yuju close Yerin’s door firmly before she flopped weakly in front of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello :) 

feels like its been a long time, and i hope you enjoy it :)