015

Can't we love ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu bring me to a cafe where he used to work as a part time. I remember how much time I spent here as I do my homework while waiting for his shift to end. He used to wear that green apron, standing behind that counter --preparing coffees for the customers. Old times. Almost three years has passed since then.
 

“Here” He put a hot latte on the table for me and take his seat in front of me. As usual, a caramel macchiato for himself. Mingyu love sweets. He really do. I know him better back then.

“I don’t have that much time” I said, totally lying as I don’t have anything to do for the rest of my life. I just want to leave as soon as I can. My heart can’t seem to bear this moment. His hand wrapped around the cold cup of his caramel macchiato. “I just want to know how are you doing” He ask and I shrugged my shoulder.
 

“Same old” I said. “Why did you quit working here ?” I ask as he stared down on his coffee. “I heard the news about you and your brother” Mingyu sigh, “I though by working with them I could see you one more time” He smile bitterly. “I’m lucky, a friend of mine know them”
 

“And now you see me. Then what ?”
 

He look up and we look at each other for a long time. He looks unsure, to whatever he is thinking and I am here waiting for him to say something. Something he have been wanting to tell me.
 

“Why ?”
 

My breath hitched for a moment. I remain calm and pretend like none of that one word bothered me that much. Mingyu wait for me to answer and I feel like my time has stopped. I just know this time will come but I guess I am still afraid of reality. That one word make me feel things. Things I want to get away from.
 

“You broke up with me. You leave me when we were so in love, Mi” His eyes trembled with a hint of tears. Its telling me that Mingyu have been waiting for this moment. Telling me that he have been suffered with this questions in his head. His eyes is telling me that he have been waiting. For me.
 

Kind soul. You don’t deserves me.
 

“I was afraid” I said and I could see his body soften under all that tense. I breath evenly, trying not to panic over this situation as my head slowly trying to mess with me.
 

I just want to go home.
 

“I have been fighting with myself, Mingyu” I smile calmly as I look at him. “You was there. Every moment when I fight with myself. Remember that one time I tried to cut myself ? I hurt you when you try to stop me from harm. You was unconcious for a whole week, Mingyu. A whole week” My eyes trembled. I don’t want to remember any of this. I have been trying so hard forgetting these things.
 

“Do you know how scared I was ? I hurt you” My voice broken and my hands trembling as I recall my dark past.
 

“Mihyun” He said my name as he changes his seat to the one next to mine. He held my hand gently, “Alright..” He whisper, “I get it. I understand. Just breath”
 

I look down at our hands, “You don’t deserves me, Mingyu. You’re the best person I’ve ever seen. I’m grateful to have you during those times. You save my life.. but now
there’s another who saves my happiness”
 

“Are you happy with him ?”He ask and I nod. “Then that is all that matters” He pull me into a hug and pat my back, “But we’re still friend, right ?”
 

“Of course” I said as I break the hug. “Kim Mingyu ?”
 

“Hm ?”
 

“Can you send me home ?”
 

 

 

The moment I open the door to my home, I find the members already here. They all are sleeping all around the places in the living room. Tired, I guess. They don’t even have time to sleep properly these few days after all that schedules and practices for concerts.
 

I put my bag aside and head quietly to Minhyuk who is sleeping on a lazy chair. Getting on my knee, I held his hand and run my hand through his hair which is on his beautiful face. I stare at his face which is still fill with his stage make-up. Being cautious, I take a glance toward the others and find they won’t be waking up anytime soon.
 

“They should be sleeping properly though..” I mumbled to myself. It’s going to be hurt sleeping in the living room like this after a hectic day. I feels Minhyuk’s hand moving around mine. I turn and see his uneven blinking eyes. His cute habit which I always love to see.
 

“Hey” I whisper and he finally realized I am right next to him. “Hey” He said with his hoarse voice. I could listen to it all day. “Why are you sleeping outside..”
 

“The schedules are canceled and we went out for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter