013

Can't we love ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello ?”

 

“Hey” He whisper through the other line and I bit my lips. Trying not to make any more cries. “I won’t ask if you’re okay” He continued and another tear fall down on my cheek. “I know you are not” 

An unfamiliar pain come straight to my heart as he said it that way. My hand tremble for a bit until he break the silent. “I just.. I don’t want you to be sad. You have us now and I don’t mind telling you that everyday. I will remind you over and over again and I don’t even mind, Mihyun.”
 

“Minhyuk..” I said, my voice broken and I decides that I cannot hold it in any longer. “Mihyun..” He said in worried. I could sense how worried he is and I can’t help it but to burst into a louder cries. “Cry. It’s okay, sweetheart. You have me and I won’t leave you alone” He whisper and I nod my head even though I know he can’t see me.
 

The room is dark and I don’t even want to see any light. I just want to stay in here for a long time until I am okay again. That was what I thought until I hear him humming to a ballad song. Its a song I haven’t heard for a long time, which is also my favourite. I wipe away the tears stained on my cheeks as my sobs slowly disappeared without my knowing.
 

His voice make me forget everything but him.

 

It’s okay sweetheart.

 

His voice flashed in my mind and I held the phone tighter.

 

You have me and I won’t leave you alone.

 

“How about the gift ?” I said, making him stop humming to the song. A part of me is cursing myself for making him stop singing but another part of me wanting to talk to him. “My mum love it” He said and I smile for a bit.
 

“That’s a relief.. I keep thinking about it all day and worried if she hate it”
 

“There’s something I have been thinking all day too” He said, “What is it ?” I said, half whispering as I stare into anything in between the darkness.
 

“You”
 

My eyes stop blinking. Everything around me stop except for me, breathing. “..me ?” It takes a moment for me to realized what he is actually trying to say.

All day. He keep thinking of me all day long.
 

He think of me.


He think of me.
 

Minhyuk been thinking of me all day.
 

24 hours. A day. Of me.
 

Minhyuk did.
 

“Yes, you” He said and I finally find out how fast my heart is beating in a second. Is this normal ? “I know it’s not a perfect time to say this but I like you, Yoo Mihyun” He confessed and I quickly put my hand on my heart. Am I hallucinating ? Am I dreaming ? I mean- its all dark and maybe I am just hearing things.. did he just confessed ?
 

“Say something” He said and I come to my senses.
 

“Something” I said as I feel myself freaking out. He laugh at me and my heart skip a beat. Butterflies. Butterflies are flying around inside of me. I find myself smiling widely like never before. “Really, Mihyun ?” He said, still laughing. At the moment I could feel a spark of light coming out in between the darkness and I find out how happiness feels like after awhile.
 

“God, Kihyun is going to kill me if he find out about this” I hear him who is still laughing in between his worries. “Then let it stay as a secret between us” I say and his laughter faded. Its dead silent and fear raked up into my body until his gentle voice make it all disappear.
 

“Then let it be the first day for the both for us”
 



 

 

The sun rises. The sunlight hit my eyes, waking me up from my deep sleep. My eyes feel a bit heavy as I spend the night crying. I take my time to open my eyes, just to see his face next to mine. He is peacefully sleeping. A hint of smile crept up on my face. A soft wind blew her hair, making him looks like the most beautiful view I have ever seen in my life. He looks perfect. Ethereal.
 

I extend my hand to his face. Caressing his soft cheek and playing with his hair. His eyes slowly open as he reach for my hand on his cheek before closing his eyes again. “When did you get in here ?” I said. My voice is a bit hoarse as it is still so early in the morning. “You didn’t lock your door” He whisper, slowly intertwining our hand together, “I was worried”
 

“Im okay” I said, and he whisper a slow I know. I feels butterflies all over me. Its been a while since I feel happy waking up in the morning. His slow breath telling me he is fast asleep again as he hold onto my hand. I leaned closer and stare on his lips, wondering if it is okay to kiss him but I don’t want to wake him up. So I ended up staring on his face until a knock on the door make us fully awake.
 

“It’s Kihyun” I said as our eyes met. We both know we are dead once Kihyun find out about this. Minhyuk quickly put away the blanket and hop off the bed. He stands there as he trying to find out what to do next. “Under the bed. Now !” I said, half whisper half screaming as I started to freak out. Before I could go to the door, Minhyuk make me turn to him and lean close to my face. My heart skip a thousand beat- if that possible because my heart really cant take it at how close and how sudden it is. He give me a peck on my lips before smiling gently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter