운명이 아니면 우연의 일치? (Destiny or Coincidence?)

그렇지 않으면, 너 야 (Unless, It's You)

== PROLOGUE ==

I don’t know which one that can be called the destiny or coincidence. But everytime I see you, even though it was only a coincidence, I always hope that it was the destiny. No matter how bad the situation or now matter how you treat me, but I’d like to call it destiny. The destiny that tied us together.

(May 26th, 2017)

 

== CHAPTER 2 ==

            “Why do you keep makes mistake?” asked the leader, Show Nu.

            “Mian [sorry],” said Ki Hyun.

            Today, at the practice room, Ki Hyun looked like spacing out. As if his mind is elsewhere so that he kept make mistakes that made the members throw a temper at him.

            “Let’s call it for a day,” said Show Nu.

            He knows that Ki Hyun can’t concentrate for today’s practice so that he stops the practice at 2.00 am.

            “Did something bother your mind?” asked Won Ho.

            “Aniya, nan gwaenchanha [No, I am okay],” answer Ki Hyun.

            “But you kept make mistake and you seems spacing out while dancing to your parts too,” said Won Ho. “Do you have a problem that distract you? Or do you hurt somewhere?”

            “Mian [sorry],” said Ki Hyun again.

            “I am really worried about you,” said Won Ho. “Don’t you want to share it with me?”

            “Maja [That’s right], maybe after you shared what’s the thing that disturb you, you’ll be okay,” said I.M.

            Ki Hyun looked at s, they looked worried about Ki Hyun too because he kept make mistakes even on his own parts. It’s so unusual for him to kept making mistakes like that. So that’s why the members are worried about him.

            “There’s something that disturbs my mind,” said Ki Hyun.

            “Can I guess it?” asked Joo Heon. “A girl?”

            “For real? A girl?” asked Min Hyuk.

            “Are you dating with someone?” asked Hyung Won too.

            “Aniya [No], answer Ki Hyun. “I’m not in the mood to dating right now,”

            “So, what’s the thing that disturbs your mind if it’s not a girl?” asked I.M.

            “I met someone a few days ago, but as I seen to that person’s face, it feels like I feel so familiar with that person. Even I feel like we know each other for long time. But that night was the first time to me met with that person,” said Ki Hyun.

            “Do you feel something when you saw that person?” asked Won Ho.

            “Yeah, I feel like there’s a warm feeling that kept reminds me of that person but I can’t remember,” answer Ki Hyun.

            “Maybe that person is the long friend of you,” said I.M.

            “I heard that person’s name but I remember that I don’t have any friend with that name and I am sure that it was the first time of me seeing that person at that place,” said Ki Hyun.

            Ki hyun tried to explain his situation that can’t he understand. The members also wondering why he is like that until he can’t concentrate well while practice.

            “Maybe that person is someone from your past life,” said Hyung Won.

            “Eh?!” the members startle by Hyung Won’s sudden opinion.

            “How can that be?” asked Won Ho.

            “Maybe,” said Hyung Won.

            “You talk like a fortune-teller, Hyung,” said Joo Heon.

            While they’re discussing about Ki Hyun’s problem, but Min Hyuk keep seeing at his watch.

            “Sorry, but I need to go right now,” said Min Hyuk.

            “Arasseo [I know],” said Show Nu.

            As always, at 2.30 am the practice already ended for today. Min Hyuk excuse himself to go first. The other members already knows that he was secretly dating with their senior, Bo Ra. But other than Min Hyuk, Ki Hyun also excuses himself to go first.

            “I need to go first too,” said Ki Hyun.

            “Where are you going?” asked I.M.

            “Just to go somewhere,” answer Ki Hyun.

            “Are dating with someone too?” asked Won Ho.

            “No,” answer Ki Hyun.

            Ki Hyun comes out from the practice room. He needs to confirm something that disturbs his mind these days. He needs to confirm whether all that he heard from the snack shop was true or not. With his black hat and black mask, he walk slowly through the way from Starship Entertainment building while looking at the hidden place. He even tried to follow Min Hyuk’s trace.

            “Where is she?” asked Ki Hyun to himself.

            He tried to go to hidden place and role played himself as if he is the stalker or paparazzi who followed Min Hyuk everywhere. Until he reach the place where Min Hyuk and Bo Ra usually mets at this hour, he found something interesting. He found someone with a camera taking photos of Min Hyuk and Bo Ra. He is right, there’s a paparazzi who follows Min Hyuk and Bo Ra.

            “Ttak geolyeosseo  [I caught you],” said Ki Hyun.

            He walks slowly and make a sure to didn’t make some sounds so that the paparazzi didn’t notice that he came closer.

            “Isn’t there’s a law that when you taking pictures of someone secretly can be considered as private infringements?” asked Ki Hyun.

            As she heard Ki Hyun’s voice, she turned her face. She got caught. For the first time as the paparazzi, Ji Hyeon got caught.

            “Ki Hyun?”

            Ki Hyun startled when the paparazzi know his name even his voice.

            “I---,”

            “Since when did you followed Min Hyuk and Bo Ra Sunbae [Senior]?”

            Ki Hyun cut off Ji Hyeon’s words and now Ji Hyeon’s doesn’t know how to explain that.

            “Are you a stalker or---,”

            “Paparzzi,”

            “It’s good that you admit that yourself,”

            “How did you know that I am here?”

            Ki Hyun got startled because of Ji Hyeon’s sudden question. A question that he never thoughts that would be asked to him. It feels like a sudden attack for Ki Hyun when he even didn’t prepare for proper answer.

            “Keuge [That’s]…”

            As Ji Hyeon saw Ki Hyun find it hard to answer her questions, Ji Hyeon make another ‘attack’ for Ki Hyun.

            “Isn’t there’s a law that when you followed someone secretly, even when you followed a girl, it can be considered as a criminal?”

            “YA [HEY]!”

            “You dare to yell at me?”

            “Geureom mwo [Then, what]?”

            “Do you want me to write bad article about you?”

            “Ani, keuge [No, that’s]…”

            Ji Hyeon smirks with her evil smile.

            “Then, I have no choice but to release a scandal that you followed a girl in the middle of night,”

            “Okay, let’s settle this,”

            “How?”

            “Don’t write any bad articles about me then I’ll keep your act as a secret,”

            “My act?”

            “About you followed Min Hyuk and Bo Ra Sunbae [Senior], I’ll keep it as s secret,”

            “Okay, then I wouldn’t write any acrticles about you,”

            “But, I have a favor…”

            Ji Hyeon looked at Ki Hyun and only sighing. It’s hard to deal with him while Ki Hyun also thinks the same as her. It’s hard to deal with her.

            “Don’t write any articles about Min Hyuk and Bo Ra Sunbae [Senior]’s relationship,”

            “Why?”

            “Since you already found out that they’re dating so…”

            “It’s up to my company and your agency whether to release the article about their relationship or not. It’s not something that I can decide by myself,”

            “But you work for your company so can you asked your President to keep it as s secret?”

            “My President already knows about it and it’s up to him how to deal with your agency, you know about that well too,”

            “Aigoo…”

            Ki Hyun sighing hard because he can’t deal with this fox.

            “Then, don’t you say that you like Min Hyuk?”

            Ki Hyun sudden question that attack Ji Hyeon really makes her shocked. Because no on that know about she likes Min Hyuk than Ji Eun, her best friend. But there’s no probability for Ji Eun to tell Ki Hyun while they even didn’t know each other.

            “Did you startle because I know about it, right?”

            “How do you know about that?”

            “I’ll never let you know about that. Unless, you tell your President to not to reveal any articles about Min Hyuk and Bo Ra Sunbae [Senior],”

            “I said earlier that it’s not up to me, but up to my company and your agency,”

            “Think about how your feelings to Min Hyuk…”

            “I only think of him as an idol, no more…”

            “Well, let’s say it like that…”

***

 

            Today, Ji Hyeon needs to give the report to the President. But she is really hesitant even to knock the door of the President’s office. Beside the report about the photos of Min Hyuk and Bo Ra, she needs to tell the President that she got caught too.

            “Sa… Sajangnim [Pre… President],”

            “Come in!”

            Ji Hyeon comes into the President’s office.

            “He… here’s the report,” said Ji Hyeon while put the report on the President’s desk.

            The President looked at her and he finds that Ji Hyeon really strange today.

            “What’s wrong with you?” asked the President.

            “Jeoneun gwaenchanhayo [I am okay],” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “Then, I’ll take a look to your report,” said the President.

            The President takes a look into Ji Hyeon’s report and he feel satisfied because of Ji Hyeon’s work.

            “You did a good job,” said the President.

            Ji Hyeon still at the President’s office and she tried to tell him the truth but she afraid that the President would nag at her again.

            “Sa… sajangnim [Pre… President…],”

            “Oh, why? Do you want some holiday for your work?”

            “Ani, keuge [No, that’s]…”

            “What?”

            “There’s something that I need to tell you,”

            “What is it?”

            Ji Hyeon looked at the President’s eyes.

            “Joesonghamnida [I am sorry],” said Ji Hyeon while bowing 90 degree to the President.

            The President startled because Ji Hyeon suddenly apologies like she makes a mistake.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “I… I got caught…”

            “What?”

            “I got caught…”

            “WHAT?!”

            The President raise his voice due to the shocked information that he just heard from Ji Hyeon.

            “You got caught?”

            “Joesonghamnida [I am so sorry],”

            “Who? Not by their company, right?”

            “Animnida [No],”

            “Then, who?”

            “One of Monsta X member, Ki Hyun,”

            “What… WHAT?!”

            “Joesonghamnida [I am sorry],”

            “How can that be?”

            The President didn’t really angry to Ji Hyeon, but it’s for the first time for him that his worker got caught too.

            “Tell me what was happened,”

            “That night, I followed Min Hyuk and Bo Ra. Even I make sure that I am on the hidden place that no one can recognize, but suddenly Ki Hyun showed up and I got caught,”

            “How did he know about your hidden place?”

            “I asked him about that too but seems like he already followed me too,”

            “So, didi you tell him that you’re paparazzi?”

            “Yes, because he accused me of a stalker,”

            The President sighing really hard, he can’t believe that his ebst worker got caught by the member of the same group that she followed.

            “It’s okay,”

            “Eh?”

            “As I saw your reports, you made enough reports as the evidence that they’re really dating in secret. I’ll ask Starship Entertainment to make a settlement about this too. So you don’t need to follow Min Hyuk and Bo Ra again,”

            “Sajangnim [President],”

            “Gwaenchanha [It’s okay]. You worked so hard this time too and you even caught a big fish,”

            “Joesonghamnida [I am sorry],”

            “I’ll give you new assignment, so for this time being, you can help Je Joon to sort some photos or Ji Eun to write some articles,”

            “You wouldn’t fire me because I got caught?”

            “Why would I?”

            “Gamsahamnida, Sajangnim [Thank you, President],”

***

 

            At 2.30 am, Ki Hyun excuse himself again to go first. He came to the place where he found Ji Hyeon yesterday. But he can’t find Ji Hyeon enywhere.

            “Where is she? Why she didn’t show up?”

            Ki Hyun even walked to the place where Min Hyuk and Bo Ra’s usually meets.

            “She even didn’t follow them today,”

            Ki Hyun feels guilty because he caught her.

            “Was I too harsh? But I think it was okay, since she was hard to deal with though,”

           For a few days, unconsciously, Ki Hyun keep coming to that place where he mets Ji Hyeon. But as he came, day by day, he can’t find her there. Even during the day, he tried to find her and seeing her from Starship Entertainment building. But he can’t find her. Seems like she was missing without traces.

            “Why do I keep thinking about her though?”

 

To be continued…