첫 (다시) 만남 (First (re)Encounter)

그렇지 않으면, 너 야 (Unless, It's You)

== PROLOGUE ==

To tell you that finally I can found you again in this life, why is it even harder than our past life? Why everything always places us in difficult position? Do you even realize that I came this far in order to see you again, in order to reach you again?

(May 25th, 2017)

 

== CHAPTER 1 ==

            “Aigoo, aigoo, my back…” said a long haired girl while sitting on her desk after putting her camera in her desk.

            “What did you get for today?” asked the bob hair style girl.

            “Nothing much,” said that long haired girl.

            While two girls chatting about their works, but the President suddenly appears.

            “LEE JI HYEON!” shouted him.

            “The President found you again,” said the bob hair style girl.

            “Ye, Sajangnim [Yes, President]?” asked the long haired girl while stand up from her desk.

            The President walks toward her.

            “What did you get?” asked the President.

            “Nothing much,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “How long after you followed that actor?” asked the President.

            “Almost 4 months,” answer Ji Hyeon.

            “Then I should assigned for new celebrity,” said the President.

            Ji Hyeon startled by the President’s sudden decision.

            “Aniyo, Sajangnim [No, President]. This time, I’ll make sure that I can give you big scandal as a report,” said Ji Hyeon.

            “You always said that over and over again and I am bored already with that kind of words,” said the President. “We need something new and you know that you only waste 4 months for nothing because you didn’t even can catch something big. Forget that, I’ll give you new assignment so just leave that actor. We need something more fresh and big. Just give up or I’ll never give you a chance to follow any celebrities again, okay?”

            Ji Hyeon can’t say anything. That’s true, no matter she asked the President but the President already finds new assignment for her. Although the President sometimes can be kind-hearted like angel, but if everything’s related to the work, he would turn into a beastly monster that ready to eat everything.

            “Ye, Sajangnim [Yes, President],”

            “I’ll give you new assignment once I settle everything,”

            Ji Hyeon, Lee Ji Hyeon worked for FYI (Follow Your Idols) for almost 5 years already. FYI is a company that dedicated to follow any celebrities. The purpose of this company was to know about daily live, even for the date scandal among the celebrities. It can be said that this company is worked on stalker and paparazzi field. So that FYI can gain advantage from the agencies when the artist caught in any scandal, especially date scandal so that the agencies should pay to FYI in order to open or close the scandal. Although Ji Hyeon works for the company for 5 years, but she never got any big scandals and the President must prepares another celebrities that she can follow.

            Just like today, the President need to think of another way so that he didn’t waste his time and money to follow any celebrities but he can’t gain any scandal from that celebrity. It’s true that he can just fire Ji Hyeon and another paparazzies who can’t get any scandals, but it would be such a waste to fire Ji Hyeon with her skill to catch high qualities photo. Even she can write the article by herself so that he didn’t need to hire more writers to write any articles about the scandals.

 

            “Ji Eun-a…” said Ji Hyeon to a bob hair style girl.

            “Why?” asked Ji Eun.

            Ji Hyeon tried to disturb her fellow worker, Ji Eun, Yoon Ji Eun who worked as the writer at FYI.

            “I am so bored,”

            “Why?”

            “I can’t stay here like this,”

            “Just wait, the President would give you new assignment,”

            “But he still in his office and I am so tired of waiting,”

            “Trust me, he would give you the big one this time,”

            “Would he?”

            “Yes, he looks so serious today. Maybe he is considering whether to give you that one or not,”

            “He should give it to me so that I didn’t die in boredsome like this,”

            While Ji Hyeon and Ji Eun talking about the new assignment, the President comes to Ji Hyeon’s desk and give her some photos. Ji Hyeon and Ji Eun startled because the photos that the President gave.

            “Ige mwoyeyo [What is it]?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            The President looked at Ji Hyeon with serious face.

            “Do you know about them?” asked the President.

            Unconsciously Ji Hyeon nodded to answer the President’s question.

            “Find out more about them and from now on you should follow this guy,” said the President while pointing at the red-haired guy.

            “Jeongmalyo [Really]?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            “Don’t make any mistakes and follow him properly. You should get anything from him,” said the President. “I give you this assignment because I know your skill, so make sure that you didn’t disappoint me this time,”

            “Algesseumnida [I understand],” said Ji Hyeon.

            After giving his new assignment to Ji Hyeon, the President leave Ji Hyeon’s desk and back to his office.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            “I must be dreaming, right?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Eun pinched Ji Hyeon’s cheek.

            “Ah, apo [it hurts],” said Ji Hyeon.

            “It’s not dream, of course,” said Ji Eun.

            “How can I? How can I follow him?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            Ji Hyeon and Ji Eun screaming together as if they won big amount of lotteries, but this one even bigger an better than any lotteries. Ji Hyeon just got a jackpot to follow the idols that she really adores.

            “You’re so lucky,”

            “Ey, how can it be considered as lucky?”

            “Why?”

            “What if someday I caught him dating with my own camera?”

            “Ey, don’t say sacred things like that or it’ll turn to be real,”

            “I said ‘what if’…”

            “But still, you are so lucky because from now on you can follow the idols that you really adore,”

            “Maybe in past life, I save a country so that I can be this lucky,”

            “You can fangirling over him but can do your work too, it’s really good thing,”

            As Ji Eun knows that Ji Hyeon really adores an idol, even she really adores one of the members of that idol. They’re called Monsta X, the idol who grows much bigger since their debut era. They are even can be taken as worldwide idol because of their popularity that not only spread throughtout the Asia but also in Europe and USA. And Ji Hyeon got her new assignment to follow the member called Min Hyuk, Lee Min Hyuk. He is the cheerful and talkative one in the group. He is even one of the visual lines in his group. He even can be said as the happy virus on his group because he always bring happiness and the one who never seemed sad or bad mood in his group.

 

            Every day, Ji Hyeon stays near Starship Entertainment building for her new assignment to follow Min Hyuk. As the information that she got from her friend that works at Starship Entertainment, she can be there weherever Monsta X, especially Min Hyuk goes. She is even can take any pictures of Min Hyuk with good angle so that his idol can look really handsome. She uses her photographic skill on Min Hyuk. She is even waiting for Monsta X and Min Hyuk in a hidden place in front of Starship Entertainment building.

            “Oh, there’s Min Hyuk…” said Ji Hyeon while taking her camera and stand by to take any pictures of him.

            She looked at her watch and it’s already 2.30 am. She is wondering why Min Hyuk out from the building at this hour, alone. As the information that she got, Monsta X would be in the practice room until 04.00 am. But still, she follows Min Hyuk to everywhere he goes. But then, she stopped on a hidden place as she saw Min Hyuk meets someone from the same agency.

            “Why do they meet at this hour?”

            Ji Hyeon still takes many picture of Min Hyuk and someone that he mets at 2.30 am. There’s no suspicious sign so that Ji Hyeon still do her job properly or the President would nag at her again. She tried to be professional to do her job properly, although she thinks it really weird for Min Hyuk to meet someone, even from the same agency, at this hour. The devil on her mind even tells her that they’re dating but she denied it and still taking pictures.

            But same goes for the next days. Ji Hyeon still follows Min Hyuk to everywhere he goes. But again, she finds Min Hyuk meets with someone from the same agency, the same person. Yes, a girl who known as his senior from the same agency, Yoon Bo Ra. As the day passes, Min Hyuk and Bo Ra looked more suspicious. Even they looked like secretly dating, at 2.30 am. Almost every three days or every empty schedules for the next day for each other groups. For several times, Ji Hyeon confirms and take a picture of Min Hyuk and Bo Ra’s secretly meeting at the dawn. But the more she looked at it, the more she finds that it’s really looked like secretly dating.

            Today, Ji Hyeon makes a report of her works before Kim Sang Woo, FYI President ask for the report and nag to her again. But before she give that report to the President, she ask Ji Eun first about the photos that she got.

            “Ey, seolma [no way],” said Ji Eun when she look at every photos of Min Hyuk and Bo Ra.

            It’s clearly can be seen that Min Hyuk and Bo Ra is dating on those pictures. But Ji Eun tried to comfort Ji Hyeon by not telling the truth that can she saw on those pictures. She just doesn’t want to hurt Ji Hyeon who adores Min Hyuk and Bo Ra so much.

            “Better you report this to the President right now or he’ll nag at you a lot again,”

            Ji Hyeon takes her report to the President’s office.

            “Oh, Ji Hyeon-a…”

            The President takes the report from Ji Hyeon.

            “Before I take a look to this report, but I need to inform you something. I heard from Dispatch President that they got information that there’s a couple from the same agency who secretly dating,”

            “Who?” asked Ji Hyeon.

            The President didn’t answer to Ji Hyeon question but open Ji Hyeon’s report and take a look to every photo that Ji Hyeon took.

            “You worked so hard this time,” said the President.

            “Ye [Pardon]?”

            “I heard that Min Hyuk and Bo Ra indeed secretly dating and you hand me this report in a right time,”

            “YE [YES]?!”

            Ji Hyeon really shocked by the news that she just heard from the President.

            “You can rest for tonight,” said the President.

            Ji Hyeon came out from the President’s office with weak step. She walks really slows with empty gaze. She even almost bumped into a desk if Ji Eun didn’t stop her.

            “Ji Hyeon-a, why? Did the President nag a lot at you again?”

            Ji Hyeon ignores Ji Eun and just sit down on her desk with empty gaze. She is really spacing out.

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            “Ji Eun-a, would you accompany me drink tonight?”

            “Eh? What’s wrong?”

            “I’ll tell you later but let me calming my mind right now,”

            “Ah, arasseo [Okay],”

 

            Tonight, Ji Hyeon didn’t follow Monsta X and Min Hyuk. Because the President told her to rest, but she walks to the direction where Starship Entertainment building is. Ji Eun tried to stop her, but she even didn’t listen to her. For awhile, she stands in front of Starship Entertainment building and only stares at the building.

            “Kaja [Let’s go],” said Ji Eun she looked at Ji Hyeon who almost cry right there.

            Ji Eun and Ji Hyeon found a snack shop nearby. Ji Eun takes Ji Hyeon to that shop and orders some soju.

            “Ji Eun-a…”

            “Yes?”

            “It’s really funny, right?”

            “Mwoga [What is it]?”

            “This kind of job maybe really hard for some people like me,”

            “Why?”

            “I am really stress right now,”

            “Why?”

            “I found it out by myself. Not from another person or media, but I found it out by myself and I kept denied it. I kept denied that they’re dating. Even I am the one who took those pictures of them while they’re secretly dating,”

            Ji Hyeon drinks another bottle of soju. It’s the 4th bottle and Ji Eun didn’t drink much because she’ll be the one who’ll Ji Hyeon to her home.

            “Ji Hyeon-a, geumanhae [stop it], you drank too much already,” said Ji Eun.

            “I am really broken heart right now,”

            Ji Hyeon takes another sip of soju and Ji Eun can’t stop her.

            “YA [HEY]!”

            “Lower your voice,”

            The people start to stare at Ji Hyeon.

            “Why did you do that to me?”

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            “I know that I am just your fans but why did you do that to me?”

            ‘Watch your mouth. It’s dangerous if people heard about it,”

            “Was he ever thinks of me and another fans’ feeling?”

            “Ji Hyeon-a…”

            Ji Eun really worried if people found out that they’re paparazzi.

            “Even I followed him everyday, hidden in a hidden place that can’t be seen by him but I saw it by myself!”

            “Jebal [Please],”

            “Lee Min Hyuk! Nappeun nom [You bad guy]!”

            As Ji Hyeon mentions Min Hyuk’s name, Ji Eun tried to cover .

            “Geumanhae [stop it],”

            There’s a person who wear black mask and black hat to cover his face who sat right beside Ji Eun and Ji Hyeon’s table. He is waiting for his food but he got startled as he heard Ji Hyeon mention Min Hyuk’s name right before his eyes. He assumed that two girls beside him is a paparazzi or stalker. But it’s good that he didn’t take off his mask or his hat while waiting for his order, so that he can hear everything that Ji Hyeon’s mention in her delirious moments.

            He was going to go after his order is done, but he looked at Ji Hyeon’s face. He looked at Ji Hyeon’s drunk face and make sure to remember her face so that whenever he mets her, he can ask her about what’s going on and he even can tell his agency that there’s a paparazzi who followed them. But the more he looked at Ji Hyeon’s face, the more he felt that he should confirm it first before make any moves.

            “Ji Hyeon-a, let’s go home,” said Ji Eun.

            Ji Hyeon takes her last glass and stand up from her table. She tried to walk but she lost her balance. But before she falling down to the ground, the black masked man catchs her body. So she’s falling down on his arm.

            “Joesonghamnida [Forgive me],” said Ji Hyeon.

            As Ji Hyeon fell into his arm, that black masked man only looked at Ji Hyeon’s face.

            “Gomabseumnida [Thank you],” said Ji Eun while taking Ji Hyeon from his arm.

            He was going to give them responses, but he realized that if they hear his voice, they maybe shocked. So that he only replied them with nodding his head. But after two girls left, the black masked man still looked at them as if he has a lot of question that need to be answered. He should find a chance to confirm everything that he heard.

 

To be continued…