Chapter 8: Forgiveness

Loved nothing, but a ghost

"Jesus chri- get your hands off me already" said Sehun when the other male hugged him.

Jongin looked up, a little disappointed. "You..are still mad of me?"

There was silence for a second before Sehun broke it "Don't think that I came here just because I missed you."

Jongin's heart ached for the sentence he just heard. 'He didn't come to see me then...'

"S-So, why did you come?" said the tanned boy.

"Long story short." uttered Sehun before explaining the whole situation to Jongin.

"I-I see..."

"And I don't think that you have the right to not allow me to stay here because you are the one who caused things to get to this point."

Jongin felt guilt flowing through his veins, running through his blood as if it was a part of him since birth."I...know" Nonetheless, he smiled feebly at Sehun.

Silence.

"I'm really tired at the moment, so I'd like to sleep after a few minutes."

"O-Oh, yeah, s-sure. Go to my room and sleep on the bed. I-It may be not so comfy, but still better than the couch."

"Right."

There was silence...until Jongin said"Is the ghost with you?Right now?"

"Of course" said Sehun, nonchalantly.

"You recuperated the coin? Why?"

"Long story."

"W-Why don't you throw it away now?"

"I like him actually, so why would I?"

Jongin's eyes grew wide opened and couldn't believe what he just heard.

"W-What?!"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows as he said"What?"

"You just said you like him!"

"Huh?!"He turned his head to Luhan, who had a shade of crimson on his cheeks and ears' pale skin. "I-I mean, he's not as annoying as before now. A-And hey, why are you even sticking your nose in my matters?"

"You seem embarrassed"  Added Jongin after smirking.

"Shut up already" Well, Jongin was right. Sehun was embarrassed, except that it was not from the tan boy, but from Luhan, who was probably as sheepish as the other.

 

Jongin went to bed soon after that,as well as Sehun who didn't talk to Luhan since entering Jongin's home. Even so,the ghost kept looking at his beloved sleeping, as always.

 

The next morning, Sehun woke up at the sound of the bathroom's door being shut.

"Good morning , Sehunnie." said Luhan with a huge smile, 'miraculous', would say Sehun.

Of course he couldn't say that to Luhan.He just greeted him and got off of the bed, and then headed to the bathroom, which its door was locked.

"Yaa, Jongin. Don't be late."

"What?" Shouted Jongin with a sleepy voice, before the door opened."Just go first then."

"Kay."

"Oh,by the way," Before Sehun could enter the restroom, he was stopped by the other's sentence. " good morning."

'Really?' Said Sehun to himself, before frowning and disappearing in the other room.

After some minutes, Sehun got out of the bathroom, to see Jongin in his uniform,  sitting on the couch , probably waiting for him to get out.

"Sehun, I'm going to..you know,school. In case you're hungry or something, there is some buns on the coun-"

"I'm going to school too, you have an another uniform?"

"Um, you're sure you want to go?"

"Oh my gosh"said Sehun,rolling his eyes "You.Have.An.Another.Uniform.Or. Not?"

"Well...give me a sec" said Jongin before vanishing into his bedroom, and coming out after that shortly with a clean uniform in his hands, giving it to Sehun.

"I guess it fits on you, we're basically the same size."

"How do you even know my size?"said Sehun.

"We are friends since highschool, it will be a shame if I didn't know your size"

Sehun noticed Luhan's jealous face, so he wanted to satisfy him

"Oh, but there's something wrong about what you have said"

Jongin frowned at what Sehun said "What is it?"

"We were friends."added Sehun, focusing on the 'were' pronunciation. He was going to change his clothes in the bedroom, but Jongin's hand stopped him, and gripped his shoulder tight.

"Sehun, you remember that day you punched me in the school? Guilt couldn't get out of me, haunted me. And I swear, It's not a good feeling, at all."

Sehun felt numb for a moment. He felt pity for the other somehow, yet felt the guilt inside Jongin teleporting into him, for some reason that he couldn't specify.

"I don't know what's happening to me" continued the other "I just want to say sorry, but you wouldn't pardon me. I want to gain your confidence again, but you wouldn't let me even try..."

By that time, tears were falling from Jongin's eyes, wetting his cheeks, making his face look like he just splashed water on it, which only made Sehun more emotional. 'No, I'm not supposed to pity him' he said to himself, but his body didn't react the way he wanted. His own eyes started watering.

"I just want to be with you..."

'What is he saying?'Both Luhan and Sehun panicked to what he said.

"N-No homo things" added Jongin, which made Sehun, and even Luhan giggle a little.

Jongin noticed Sehun's smile and smiled himself. It was the first time Sehun smiled at him since a couple of months.

"J-Jongin, calm down..."

Sehun's hands went to the other's body, and hugged it near his own. But then he remembered;Luhan. He must be mad.

And that wasn't the exact case; he felt bad, seeing other people touching his Sehunnie like that, having skinship with him and him,on the other hand, not being able to even touch the other boy's soft skin. But it was okay, he thought. If that kind of skinship could make Jongin feel better, then he wouldn't mind it.

Then, Sehun turned immediately to Luhan who smiled to him and said "It's okay, let him feel secured for a moment."

 

After all of the emotional mess has ended, Jongin thanked Sehun several times, and then they went to college together.