Chapter 5: Hating it

Loved nothing, but a ghost

 

It was 6pm when Sehun and his mother had an argument.

"I still have time to go find that stupid coin"

He went to his car, and got to the cemetery.

He went to the spot where he put the coin, and found Luhan talking alone.

"Yeah, it was hard to-"

Luhan didn't continue his sentence when he saw Sehun coming. His lips drew a big smile on his face.

"Told you he will come back"said the grandpa.

"Thanks for your company" said Luhan.

"Talking to an another ghost?"said Sehun.

"Yeah. Your grandpa"said Luhan."He's nice"

"Oh"said Sehun.

"Wanna say something to  him?"said Luhan.

"Yeah"he paused a little and said"Tell him 'Hi'"

Luhan nodded and turned to the other ghost who said"I heard him. Tell him I miss them all"

"He told you he misses all of you"said Luhan.

"We miss you too"said Sehun briefly.

"Ask him why he recame"said the old ghost.

"Yeah right, why did you come?"

"To take this back" said Sehun before taking the coin which was thrown on the ground.

"And why?"said the smaller one, thinking that Sehun regretted leaving him there.

"So you think mom is rude right?"said Sehun

"Yeah, but what does this have to do with my question?"

"I'm sure you're happy to know I'm taking it back,and it's because of her.She's why I'm here, she asked me to take the coin back"said Sehun annoyed.

"Oh.."said Luhan before following Sehun who was now walking to the car.

After returning home, Sehun went to the living-room where he found his mom watching TV.He stood next her before showing her the coin and saying"Happy now?"

The mom took a brief look at it before saying"Yeah,yeah.Just keep it always with you, and I hope you won't lie to me again"

Sehun didn't say anything but looked at Luhan who was glaring at his mother.

 

It was the next day.

Sehun had a sudden artistic education's exam.The topic was interesting, yet hard to manifest it in a painting.

Sehun couldn't think of any way to make a great drawing as he always does,so he just decided to ask for help.

"Luhan?"

"Hm?"

"Can you help me in this?"

"I thought you don't want any of my help"said Luhan a little surprised.

"What about I changed my mind?"

"O-Okay then"

Luhan started thinking a little, before telling the other one some instructions and tips.

Sehun couldn't think of anything but being sure that Luhan is really smart, because the painting was outstanding.

"You're creative" said the taller one.

"You too"said Luhan with a bright smile that, as always, fascinated the other one.

After the end of the exam, Sehun went to talk with the others about  their own work.

But,unusually, everyone avoided him.

He was confused, so he just went to check out why all of the others are not talking to him as usual, and went to talk with the only one left; the nerd Baekhyun.

"Hi"said Sehun to the other boy who was terrified when he saw the other one.

"H-Hi"said the horrified guy.

"What's wrong in  here?"

"W-What do you mea-"

"Why is everyone avoiding me"

The latter stood silent before saying "T-There's a rumor about you"

Sehun was confused, also Luhan and then the tall guy said "What rumor?"

"J-Jongin said that you're able to see ghosts, and everyone thinks you're craz-"

"That's enough" said Sehun trying to be as cold-blooded as possible, then went to find where Jongin was.

He found him in the hall, a bunch of other students laughing and listening to what he's saying.

"And then he said'Oh, I can even describe him!He has deer ey-"

Jongin's sentence was cut as he received a punch on his nose.

All of the others had their jaws thrown down as they saw, for the first time, Sehun hitting someone furiously.

Jongin was terrified and said" Sehun, calm down, I'll exp-"

He was cut again by an another punch which was more painful on his stomach.

"You really are a dummy, aren't you?"said Sehun coldly before his lips drew a smirk, putting his hands in his pockets and then walking away.

 

Sehun returned home, without talking to the ghost the whole day.

Luhan felt a little guilty for not comforting Sehun while seeing him laying on the couch, frustrated.

The ghost then decided to just talk with him a little, to apologize actually, and said"Sorry for what happened, I really didn't wa-"

"Not your fault"said Sehun, cutting Luhan's sentence.

"No, it is and I-"

Luhan was cut again by a chuckle that escaped the other's mouth before he said"This is the first time I see someone admitting that he's the one who made a mistake."

The ghost kept silent before the other continued "But still, it's not your fault. It's my fault that I proposed playing a game. It's my fault that I played that stupid game. It's my fault that I told Jongin about you. I'm the one who always does mistakes and blames others. I'm really cruel and stupid. I'm always  angry at you while you're the one who's supposed to be angry at me. I'm even indebted to you. And what do you always do? You just smile to me and help me. I'm stupid as ."

There was silence for a moment, before Sehun got up to see Luhan with glossy eyes and looking to the ground.

"Yeah, this is an apology." said Sehun "Now, you can just re-"

"I love you"said Luhan with a soft voice.

Sehun couldn't do anything but drop his jaw down and look at Luhan who was now crying silently.

"It's normal since  I loved you for thirteen years..."