Chapter 12: The new beginning

Loved nothing, but a ghost

Chapter 12

Several weeks have passed, and through them did Sehun's hopes of exiting the asylum start fading.

His mother came from time to time to visit him, but he would always refuse to see her; he loathed her, found her disgusting and monstrous.

"Sehunnie, I plead you not to give up."

That's what Luhan would say to Sehun whenever he's at the cliff of losing hope.

One day, Sehun woke up as usual. He looked up to the white walls surrounding him.

"These walls do the same purpose as cages."

Luhan turned his head to Sehun's direction as he talked.

"They imprison me, along with the fool people that are brought here." he exhaled heavily. "But I am not mindless like them. I am a fully sane human being, and did nothing wrong or bizarre, so why would I be okay with them putting me here?"

Whilst the younger was talking, the eldest kept quiet, allowing the other to express himself.

But the next thing that escaped his lips made him fearful of what could happen next.

"I am fed up, I am letting my rebellious self control me back again."

The elder got scared.

"Sehunnie, what do you mean?"

The other didn't reply.

Few minutes passed, and Junmyeon came inside the room again.

"Good morning, Sehun. How are you feeling today?"

"Great indeed." uttered the other with a slight smile.      

"Good. So, what are the things you'd like to do today?"Said the doctor with a delightful grin. "I thought about giving you control of what we should do today, since you are seemingly bored, but please, don't choose something out of my might, okay?"

"I would like to have a promenade around the rooftop." claimed the teenager, which didn't reassure the elder  much.

"Whatever you like."

 

The two males went to the surface, then kept talking.

"So, how are things going between you and Yixing?"

"Um, quite good. Each of us let the other know about his real feelings and we're finally on good terms, although a human can't be normal friends with a dead." claimed Junmyeon.

"Oh." There was silence for a second. "So are you no more uncomfortable with telling me the story?"

Only footsteps could be heard for a tad. Then the elder started "I was spoken for. Yixing and I used to be the demonstration of the best friendship that could ever exist. However, he went through a really tough situation, and his temper eventually became uncontrollably bad. Regardless, I loved him as the sick boy I was in charge of at the hospital they got him to. He was put under extreme security.  Months passed, and Yixing confessed his love to me, considering that the only person that took care of him and saved him from the endless pit of melancholy he was living in was I, and yet I couldn't confess back. I said I can't love you, when I actually did...He acted neutral about it, and told me the day I talked to him as he was dead that he understood my reaction, and that I couldn't be with him for the sake of keeping my parents satisfied..." he inhaled heavily at this point.  "Yixing was a violent person. Next day, he was found with cut wrists, lifeless . He ate the flesh until he got to the veins, harming them, then bled to death. He couldn't control his temper. He couldn't live with the fact that no one could love him back, but I was the one that drove him to do such a barbarian act and kill himself.."

His eyes were holding tight the tears, as well as his voice cracking.

Sehun stopped, and hugged him for a good period, and then they carried on with their walk.

 

They arrived at Sehun's room, and before the depart of the nice doctor, Sehun said "Thank you kindly for everything you did, Junmyeon-ssi."

The latter smiled with a slight nod, then exited the room.

 

The upcoming day, Sehun woke up, and Junmyeon came as usual to chat. Suddenly, Sehun dropped the plastic cup of hot tea on the doctor.

"I am terribly sorry, are you alright?"

"I-It's okay, I'm going to the toilet, excuse me for a second." said the elder before exiting the room and closing the door, but without locking it.

That's what Sehun aimed for; he then exited the room and closed the door behind him again, then went directly to the roof as he knew the path to it previously.

Meanwhile Luhan kept asking about what he was going to do, he didn't reply, but fastened his pace.

"Sehun!!" He heard the voice of Junmyeon yelling from a distance, so he started running until reaching the rooftop, with the other behind him trying to catch him before he does something silly.

Finally, he arrived, then stood on the edge of the surface, looking at the people on the other storeys, who were screaming and looking at him in terror.

"Sehun please don't do something rash!" said Luhan, with a worried look.

The teenager then turned to him, with a small smile.

But to his surprise, several people, Junmyeon and his mother were behind him too.

"Sehun please, let's have a chat okay?" said the doctor.

"Sehun, listen to him, please, you really should" uttered his mother who seemed for once caring for him.

Nonetheless, he smirked.

"Unlike you said, my mind is at least not as rotten as yours. I am the one staying here when all of you foolish people should stay there instead of me. Then you'd feel the bad in what you've done to me, u should have believed me."

Luhan was ravished with anxiety yet also a bit of glee. "Sehun, if you commit suicide, my sacrifice would be worthless".

"No Luhannie. If you hadn't done it, I would be dead and separated from you without even getting to love you. But after playing this game and being once again acquainted to you, I had the chance to love you, and I did. I really cherish you, and for that do I want to be fully, physically with you." after the speech, he turned to the people behind him "I have nothing to miss if I depart this life, but I have the most important thing for me awaiting me to die and come to. I loved nothing but a ghost, and for that should I join him"

 

Those were the last words he had said before taking his own life, and throwing himself off the edge.

 

His mom shed tears for a period of time, but then forgot about it fast, considering that her son and her weren't really close. So did his father.

Junmyeon felt bad for him, but also relieved because he knew he is by then with the person he truly loves.

Jongin was the one who mourned over him the most. He considered him as a brother to him, but what could he do? He was a bully after all, and his true nature prevented him from being nice for once. And boy did he regret it.

 

Well, that was the end of Sehun's life, but the beginning of his after-death one, with his Luhan, his one and only beloved one to his heart, for he loved nothing but a ghost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I am so sorry for not updating since last year, it's just that exams were so much and I chose to focus on revising for them.

However, I hope you liked this last chapter, and I also hope that some of the subs are still interested in reading this fanfic although I doubt it :').

Bye bye for now~