Chapter 10: A glint of hope

Loved nothing, but a ghost

There was a paper, a pen and a coin on the little table in front them, as Sehun wanted.He then asked doctor Junmyeon the big question. "It may sound crazy or too inappropriate to ask, but...are you indebted to someone who's dead?"

....

"W-what?" asked the other man, a little creeped out.

"You are, right?"added Sehun,carefully.

"N-no, I'm not!" Junmyeon was standing right then, not really knowing why he got too irritated by the question.

"His name is...Yix-"

"STOP THIS BULL!!" Now, he was really angered and confused, he just didn't understand why fate wanted him to never forget about him, why does anyone have to bring him up after forgetting about the whole thing...

"Doctor?"

"I didn't kill him, I swear..."he was walking backwards, and his back hit the wall at a point, then he fell on the ground, eyes unleashing salty and mere droplets of water. He started sobbing while trying to convince himself that he wasn't the one that killed him, just like he did after the accident.

He felt someone's hand on his shoulder, a warm palm squeezing the flesh.

"Yixing wants to have a talk, Junmyeon-ssi."

"I....don't want to hear him say it...but if we talk...he will say it for sure..."

Sehun  was confused then and couldn't stop himself from asking "Say what?"

The other didn't answer. He seemed too scared and too sad. His arms hugged his legs close to his chest, and his chin rested on his weak knees, the tears not stopping their dripping. He looked like the psycho he used to be before, in the same position he would sit in for hours in the night, crying his eyes out.He was horrified to hear him say it to him in person.

"Sehun?" said Luhan.

'What is it?' replied the said boy.

"Junmyeon thinks that Yixing hates him..."

'...and does he?'

"He-"

"Sehun?"

Sehun turned his head towards Junmyeon "Yes?"

"C-can you ask him something?" asked the doctor with a hint of hesitation in his eyes.

"I can't, but you do."

Junmyeon just mumbled words between hiccups " B-but...he...I'm...not capable of..doing this..."

Sehun stared at him, pity all over his eyes. He didn't know what to do; should he comfort him and convince him to play the game  and talk to Yixing, or should he just let him be?

"J-junmyeon-ssi, I think that you can handle it if you only have confidence."

"Y-you think so?" said the other male, lifting his head and looking through Sehun's eyes with his glossy ones.

"Sure."

'Maybe I should try' thought Junmyeon before nodding to Sehun who smiled briefly at him, had the letters written on the paper and explained the whole game rules and consequences to the elder.

"F-from the world of the livings, t-to the world of the dead, who a-am I indebted to for all my l-life till th-the end?..."

The coin started moving under the doctor's fingers, Y to the I to the X and on to the I,N and G. Junmyeon knew the answer beforehand, but still was shocked. He was sure that he wasn't the one who killed him, yet the thing he did still counts as a mistake, and a reason of his friend's death.

"...I..have to...talk to him..."

"You will, just wait for five hours, keep the coin next to you, and you will see him and talk to him again."

Junmyeon hugged Sehun too tight, thanking him over and over.

"Thank you Sehun, you gave me a chance to clear things between us. Even though he's dead now, I still want to explain everything to him." he said.

"I did this to help you if I could." said the teenager " but also to prove that I'm not crazy. I hope that you will believe me after seeing Yixing afterwards, and help me get out."

The doctor wiped off his tears before smiling to Sehun widely.

"Sure but, how did you know his name?"

"He's Luhan's friend from the other world" informed Sehun " He told Luhan about you, and when he saw Yixing entering the room behind you, he immediately knew that the one he always talked about is you, so he told me the important points briefly and...yeah."

"Oh, I see."

"One more question, doctor." added Sehun.

"Yes?"

"Did Kim Jongin call you to do a report about me so you bring me here?" A part of him wanted it to be a 'yes' as an answer. Of course, he would not want his friend to betray him twice, but he already blamed him for the fault.

"No, it was Ms Kang Bom Young."

. He blamed him for something he didn't even do. He deserves an apology one day.

 

The consultation ended after a few moments later, so Sehun and Luhan had the rest of the day to stay together. They didn't do much, only some conversations, like how did Sehun manage to keep the coin with him, which was because he put the coin inside his underwear , and other simple topics like that.

They simply didn't care for the far future, because the time they spend with each other is too cherished by them, and the smiles they share are too sweet to them.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, an update! So sorry it took too long guys, please bear with me^^

I have a question too, would you guys like a fanfic about Junmyeon's backstory? I have a good storyline in mind for it, but I should check if you'd like to read it if I write it first :)

Comments are really appreciated. If you like the fanfic, please upvote! THANK YOU FOR READING AND I LOVE SO MUUUCH~~