Chapter 4: The coin

Loved nothing, but a ghost

  

 

It's the day after; a Wednesday.

Sehun was focusing on the paper in front of him; the exam's paper.

"It's hard"said to himself.

"I can give you the answer if you want"said Luhan to him.

Sehun rolled his eyes, not saying anything to that, and continued focusing on the equations.

"Don't worry, I'm not evil to give you a wrong answer"said Luhan.

"I don't want any of your help"said Sehun to himself.

"You sure?"

"Ugh" said Sehun a little loudly.

"Oh, work silently"said the teacher.

"Sorry"said the ghost.

"Just leave"said Sehun more loudly this time.

"Did you call me,Oh?"

Sehun shook his head quickly and said "Sorry, I was calculating loudly"

"You should quit this manner"said the old woman annoyed.

The same scene repeated a lot , which made the teacher think that Sehun was crazy or something, causing to convoke the latter's mom at the end of the day.

He was waiting in front of the headmaster's room, where the teacher and his mother were talking, while listening to the apologizes of Luhan.

He then said to himself" Could you ever stop talking? I'm at this point because of you"

The ghost felt a little heart, but didn't say anything after that.

Then,an idea popped in Sehun's mind, before saying "But you can help me in something, if you want me to forgive you"

Luhan smiled at that and said "What should I do?"

"Go into that room, and tell me what they are saying about me"

"Right away!"was the thing Luhan said before entering through the walls ,and recoming back after some minutes with a nervous face.

"What?"

The ghost posed a little, then said "They think you're crazy"

"What?!"

"Well, that old lady keeps saying it to your mom,your mom thinks so too but says you just have a fever"

"Cool. All thanks to you"

"But, you said you're gonna forgive me i-"

"Of course I won't. I lied"

Sadness filled the shorter's face. Sehun felt regretful and decided to tell him that he forgave him. Then,Luhan had a smile on his face again.

The mom exited the room after some seconds, then went with her son home.

There was silence on their way home, before Ms Oh broke it "Sehun?"

"Yeah?"

"You know that Ms Kang said that you-"

"I'm not crazy"said Sehun as cold as he could.

His mom was shocked a little, then said "I'm not saying that you're crazy but-"

"I repeat, I'm not crazy. I was calculating loudly, does that really mean I'm crazy?"

The woman kept silent for a moment ,then said "Then you should quit it, cuz Ms Kang is getting suspicious about that"

She kept waiting for an answer, but all Sehun could reply with is silence.

"She's rude" said Luhan to the other guy, having a glare as a reply.

"As rude as always..." continued Luhan, not caring at Sehun's reaction.

A phone rang, it was Sehun's phone. He opened it and answered Jongin's call.

"Hey Oh"said Jongin.

"Hi" said Sehun briefly.

"Wanna meet up at the café?"

"Yeah, when?"

"After half an hour maybe?"

"Kay, bye"

"B-"

Sehun hang up the phone and said "As you heard, gotta go to the café. Can you give me a ride there?"

"Alright" said the mom.

 

Sehun entered the café, Luhan as always, behind him, to see Jongin sitting at a table and waved to him when their eyes locked.

"Hi" said Jongin.

"Hi"

"So...what happened?"said the latter curiously.

"They think I'm crazy now"said Sehun annoyed.

"Because of that loud calculating thing?"

"Actually..." Sehun didn't finish the sentence. Indeed,he said to himself"Luhan, can you let me alone with him for a sec?"

"Sure" said Luhan before going to other near spots, checking everything he could see.

"I actually wasn't calculating" said Sehun "I was talking to a... ghost."

Jongin stilled silent and shocked for a moment, then began laughing and said "Yeah, as I would believe i-"

"I'm not joking"said the taller one "I can even describe him if you want. He has dark hair, deer eyes, s-"

"Seriously?"said Jongin sarcastically. He received a glare as a response before saying"Okay, I'll buy it"

"So, as I said, the ghost was talking to me and I was angry and cursed him a little loudly, which made Ms Kang get mad at me and -"

"Wait,is the ghost thing related to yurei no fusai?"

"Yeah, and all thanks to you"

"Why the hell didn't you just throw the coin?"

"I swore to mom that I w-"

"Just lie"

Sehun kept silent for a moment."Why didn't I think about it?"said to himself.

"Yeah great, thank you for the idea" said Sehun with a smirk on his face as he stood up.

"You're welcome?"said Jongin a little weirdly.

"Goodbye"

"Goodbye"said the shorter one who was now looking at the back of Sehun who was leaving the café and said to himself"A ghost?What's wrong with him?"

 

Sehun arrived after a long and tiring run at the best place where he could ever put the coin; in front of Sehun's grandpa's grave.

"Why are we here?"said Luhan worried.

"To make an end for this "said Sehun looking at the dark sky.

"I-I don't understand"said Luhan a lot more worried now.

"You'll understand after I just..." Sehun then kneed and put the coin on the sand before setting up and adding"...do this,then go home as if none of this ever happened"

Luhan had his eyes grown up in surprise "B-But you made a promise to your mo-"

"I don't care anymore. I won't rather keeping a stupid promise to living normally again"

The smaller one began crying silently, mouth thrown open, looking at the taller one going out of the cemetery with a smirk on his face.

"Don't cry"said a voice from behind.

Luhan stopped sobbing, and then turned to see a man, actually a ghost, who was looking at him with pity.

"What?"said Luhan with a shaking voice.

"Don't cry, you will win his heart again, I'm sure"

"Who are you?"said the younger confused.

"I'm his grandfather"

 

"Hi mom"said Sehun after making his way to the kitchen.

"Hi"said the mom briefly before turning off the faucet and looking at Sehun who was trying to find something to eat in the fridge.

"I want to ask you something"said the woman.

"What?"said the son after taking a bite of the chocolate bar.

"That Chinese coin of my father, is it still with you?"

Sehun stood silent for a moment before the mom said"You know, that good-luck coin?"

Sehun then said quickly"O-Oh yeah, of course"

"Can I take a look at it?"said the mother.

Sehun kept silent again, droplets of sweat forming on his forehead.

"I hope it's for today"

Silence filled the room again before the mom hit the table with the palm of her hand and saying "First, the mid-night scream, after, talking loudly in the middle of an exam, and now lying to me. Of course you would have a bad luck because you didn't keep your promise. God would definetly cur-"

"I just lost i-"

"Don't say anything"said the mom angrily."You have to find it. I don't care how, you just have to find it, otherwise you will never have my trust again"

After, the mom leaved the kitchen, letting behind her a frustrated Sehun."Oh, "