Chapter 6: The whole story

Loved nothing, but a ghost

Sehun couldn't say anything.He just sat there,looking mysteriously at the other.

After some seconds, blush was seen on Sehun's cheeks before he said"H-How can you even love me in your ghost form?"

"Ghosts have feelings,remember"said Luhan a little sad, looking at the ground.

There was silence before Sehun broke it "I want to hear the whole story"

"W-What story?"said Luhan a little confused.

"The story of our past."said the latter.

Luhan was surprised at what the other said, then smiled and said"Alright. It all started when I was the son of a poor guardian. Mom died when I was too young,maybe one year old, and I was took care of by my dad.He travelled to a lot of villages ,until we came to Seoul, where he worked as a door-keeper in a big house;yours. I asked him once why did we come specifically to this house, and he told me that he was a childhood friend of your dad, so he just wanted to help him and made him his house's guardian. We lived here,in the little cabinet that was in the garden before.I was five when all of this happened, and I always used to play at the garden.And one day, I-"

A sound of knocking was heard before Sehun's mom entered"Sehun,there's someone who wants to talk to you"

After, Jongin entered the room.

At the sight of the boy, Sehun felt his blood boil inside of his veins "Oh, "

"Hi, Sehun" said the tan boy.

"Mom, you can leave" said Sehun coldly.

After Ms Oh leaved, Jongin said"I'd explain wh-"

He was cut off as Sehun took a grip of his shirt's collar and said"Don't try to deny that you're a jerk. You betrayed me, and guess what? Everybody think I'm crazy now" He let the shirt and began clapping before saying "What an achievement"

There was silence, Sehun glaring at Jongin, Jongin looking innocently at Sehun, and Luhan looking confusingly at both of them.

"Now would you go out of my sight?"said Sehun, broking the silence.

Jongin profited of the occasion to run away, feeling guilty.

After, Sehun returned to the couch, laid on it and said" Luhan, you can finish"

"O-Okay"said the ghost. He paused a little and said" So,one day ,while I was playing in the garden as usual, I saw a boy cutting a flower. I felt bad for it and said to him'Yah! Why are you cutting the flower?You'll hurt it if you cut it!' He looked shamefully and said 'I don't mean to hurt it, I only want to give it to mom as a gift' I smiled and was going to continue talking before a woman shouted'Sehun!Why are you talking to him?! Go inside!' You said'But mom!' your mother glared at you and told you'Don't discuss with me' before taking a grip of your hand and turning to me and saying' You shouldn't talk to such a worthless one like him'..."Luhan paused a little before saying "That sentence broke my heart, yeah,but it made me feel a new feeling that I've never felt before; hating someone. A lot of people broke my heart, but not as much as she did every time she sees me with you. Well, her behavior with me didn't stop us from being friend, well best friends .You even fought her one time just to stay with me. Even when we were at the age of going to school, you decided to go to the school I am going to,though it was ."

Sehun was kind of lost while hearing the other.He was so lost into thoughts of why he couldn't remember all of this, or why he couldn't remember Luhan, or why he couldn't remember having a best friend.

"Well,I think I wasn't feeling the same way to you as you did to me. I mean, I didn't have any other friends before my death except you...and I  developed, as time passed, feelings of love to you...and I really didn't know y-you would reject me i-if I c-confess to you-"And then, the ghost began crying and sobbing, which was killing Sehun softly.He didn't know how or why he did it, but he just stood up, went to the spot where Luhan was, and leaned to connect their lips, well at least he tried to.

Although they didn't touch, Luhan could feel the warmth of Sehun, and so did the other.

After realizing what he just did, Sehun stepped back, covering his blush by hiding his face in his palms, which made Luhan chuckle.

After, Sehun cleared his throat and said"I...I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"F-For rejecting you"

There was a brief silence before Luhan said "In fact,I don't know if you really rejected me or was shocked or god knows what"

"What really happened?"

"It was your birthday, and we were walking back to home from school.  I hadn't much to give you as a gift, except to  I just grabbed your hand and you stopped walking and blushed. Then I just...confessed to you pathetically and you just...didn't say anything and were wide eyed then walked without waiting for me then crossed the road without checking out if there were any coming cars and then-then-"and there,he starts crying again.

Sehun got more curious and scared to face the truth in the same time. Nonetheless, he asked "What happened?"

"I-I saw a car coming to your direction and it didn't stop, n-neither you, so I just ran to you and pushed you so that I get hit by the car and y-you stay a-alive"said Luhan between sobs.

"What?!"exclaimed Sehun.

"I told you , I would do anything for your sake . B-But I just screwed it up, more than it already was. My dad  committed suicide when he heard the news, and you got your head injured when I pushed you away, and forgot all of what happened in the past two years, in which we were friends, and of course you forgot me. Still, watching you without being able to touch you or talk to you was a pain, but a pleasure in the same time..."

"S-So, I owe you my s-soul..."said Sehun, still wide eyed.

"No!You don't owe me anything and you'll never ever do!"said Luhan,before an awkward silence enveloped the room.

Sehun couldn't say anything to the ghost who he was looking to in the eyes, but was admiring how much the other was caring honest,and pure.