Chapter 7

Take a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During her time alone, Jiwoo collected her thoughts and feelings. She dethatched herself from the nights she spent with Matthew and for any more nights she was going to spend with him. She was going to protect her heart from Matthew and be more open to others.

For the rest of the week she did some work from home as she had called work saying she was feeling better but her boss said to rest at home for the rest of the week.

With the rest of the week off work she spent time to learn new things. She even went to a new dance class. She really liked it and thought about going back. She went shopping and bought some new outfits and threw some old clothes out. She even went out and got her blonde hair toned down to a more natural brown. It was good for her and kept her distracted.

She told Somin she was feeling a lot better and denied needing any help. Taehyung came around once in a while and Jiwoo would feed him as he looked like a happy child. Jiwoo would encourage him to ask Somin out but he was good was tuning people out, especially Jiwoo. Matthew had dropped one text asking if she was ok and Jiwoo replied with a short “fine” and that was that. There was no more contact from him.

Before that might have bothered her but now she was ok with it. She just shrugged it off and Somin was impressed. Somin suggested a blind date and Jiwoo politely declined. She said she wasn’t looking for anyone right now and that she just wanted to be on her own.

The last relationship she was in wasn’t exactly all rainbows and sunshine as he had cheated on her. So Jiwoo really didn’t feel like finding someone else to emotionally invest in.

Yes, feelings changed and she would agree when her ex said that it just wasn’t the same. She just wished he had just been honest about seeing someone else. It would have made the break up so much easier for both of him. He became the bad guy and she became the victim. Everyone pitied her and she really didn’t need any of that, as it wasn’t just him who had fallen out of love.

It didn’t matter anymore anyway; she was in good terms with him. They were friends and she had even been invited to their wedding. And if she was honest, they weren’t really serious anyway.

With that it had been quiet easy to move on. In fact it was more difficult for her to move on from Matthew and they were only sleeping together. Maybe the few relationships she had never worked out because she had always had feelings for Matthew but now she was rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter