Chapter 11

Take a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Jiwoo and Matthew continue their relationship, Jiwoo stays single while Matthew has her regular hook-ups with other women. So to Jiwoo it just felt like she was going around in circles.

Somin would set her up with different people, and they were all sweet and good looking but she just couldn’t see herself in a relationship with any of them. She just didn’t have her heart in it.

So when Jiwoo and Matthew are lying in her bed one night, she doesn’t know what comes over her when the dreaded words leave .

“Have you ever considered dating each other?”

Matthew freezes.

Of course he had. Especially after he saw her dancing with the guy at the club. He had been really jealous. He hadn’t realised until the next day when Jiwoo was gone.

But, she was too good for him.

“We agreed to only doing this”, he says as coldly as he can.

Jiwoo’s heart drops. What was she expecting? Or rather, what was she thinking? She had herself decided that this was never to be more than what it is now. So, why did her heart hurt so much?

“I better go”, Matthew says as she starts to get out of bed.

“Yeah…just forget what I said”, Jiwoo says.

She manages to speak in a steady voice. She hears him shuffle around picking up his clothes and putting them on. She is facing the other way so he doesn’t see the tears that threaten to escape her eyes. It really was hard to let go.

She feels the bed dip on the other side and feels Matthew’s large hand run his fingers through her hair.

“Mat...”

“Do you hate me?” he asks.

“No…I would never hate you”, she replies honestly.

“Thank you”, he says as he removes his hand.

“I will see you later then”

“Yeah…”

She hears him leave her apartment. She brushes her feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter