Final

Take a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been roughly a month since Matthew had called Jiwoo over. Matthew is sat in a bar with Taehyung as Taehyung had called him out. It felt weird to be out drinking as it had been so long since he had come out for a drink. When was the last time?

Was it that time when Jiwoo was flirting with the random guy?

How long was that?

Two months?

He doesn’t know.

He missed her so much and he had to stop himself from calling her several million times. He loved her but she was too good for him. She was pure while he was covered in dirt. He couldn’t have her in fear of hurting her, in fear of dirtying her. 

He was trying to put some distance as his feelings were getting in the way. It hurt him too much to see her next to him but not have her. 

Taehyung orders both of them drinks and they quietly wait. 

“So, what was it that you wanted to talk about?” Matthew asks as he tries to distract himself from thoughts about Jiwoo.

“I finally asked Somin out”, he says calmly. 

“Oh !”

“And she said yes”

“Oh man! I am so happy for you two!” Matthew says as they did their special handshake.

They are both smiling as they clink their glasses and have a drink.

“I can’t believe it!” Matthew says, still feeling happy for his friends.

“Yeah, I guess I should have listened to you from the very start”, Taehyung says with a shy smile.

“You should just trust me once in a while”

“I will!”

“I kind of wish I got to see your faces”, Matthew says with a smile.

“Alright, no need to look so smug”, Taehyun says and pushes him while Matthew carried on laughing.

He was happy for his friends, he really was but somehow he couldn’t help but feel lonelier. He really had to sort out his thoughts and feelings. Maybe loneliness was confusing the rational side of his brain. 

Maybe she should go away,

-o-

“How did he ask you?”

“He called me late at night last night, saying he wanted to talk”, Somin starts her story.

The two girls were sat down comfortably on the sofa with a glass of wine in their hands. There were some snacks laid out on the table and Jiwoo has ordered some pizza before they settled down for story time.

“And then we talked. He told me about his work and things and it was nice to just hear him talk. And then he got quiet and I got worried but he just gently asked if there was anyone I liked and I said yes and then he got quiet again. And then finally he asked if he had a chance against the guy I was interested in”, Somin practically rambles but she has a bright smile on her face. 

Jiwoo squeaks.

“Oh my god! He was probably so worried!” Jiwoo says and Somin laughs.

“You two are so cute!” Jiwoo says and launces herself into Somins arms and snuggles her tightly. 

They end up spending the night together and the next day Jiwoo has déjà vu when she gets Taehyung to come pick up Somin. Except this time they are a lot more lovey dovey. It makes her smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter