Chapter 4

Take a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwoo was at work when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She ignored it for now and carried on working. She would get fired on the spot if they saw her on heir phone. She gets back to replying to customers’ emails and checks the time. The clock on her computer reads 4:30, which meant it was almost time for her to finish.

She has time to reply to a few more emails before it’s time to head home. Once she is outside she checks her phone. It was Somin.

Hey…what happed on Saturday with Matt. –SM

Jiwoo stops in her track. She was hoping Somin wouldn’t ask but Somin is totally on her case.

Nothing, we just talked. –JW

She replies Somin’s text as vaguely as possible before putting her phone away. She pulls her jacket closer to her body before walking to the train station. The Saturday morning was a little bit awkward with Matthew but she had somehow managed to come out of it alive. It was somewhat of an achievement as her heart was still intact.

It had been three days since she last saw Matthew. He hadn’t called her over yet so she assumed everything was fine. She was sure he was busy with another girl. She frowns at the thought.

I think my heart is still intact.

“Jiwoo?”

Jiwoo turns around and is greeted by Taehyung.

“Hey Tae! Are you going home from work as well?” Jiwoo asks.

“Yup” he replies simply.

“That’s good…oh! How did it go with Somin the other day?” Jiwoo asks.

“What do you mean?” Taehyung asks as he plays dumb but the blush on his cheeks says otherwise.

“Oh come on Tae, you have to make a move sometime!” Jiwoo says with a laugh.

“Ugh, I can’t talk to you” he says.

“Don’t he like that! I’m only looking out for you!” she says with a laugh and hits him on the shoulder.

“Let’s just go home”

Well that hurt a little bit. Matthew watched Jiwoo and Taehyung talk and laugh as they walked to the train station. He doesn’t know why he is just stood there staring. He could just go and join them. But his heart hurt a little but he brushes it off.

And he carries on going home on his own.

-o-

It’s 6 by the time Jiwoo gets back to her apartment. It’s getting dark too so she quickly washes up and starts getting dinner ready. As her stew is simmering away and her rice is cooking, Jiwoo quickly throws on some shorts and an oversized t-shirt, which she has had for years and it’s faded a little bit. Still it’s comfortable.

She flicks through the TV channels as she waits for her rice to cook and once she finds something interesting to watch she settles in on the sofa. She goes through her phone and replies to the 2 or 3 texts she has had from friends. Not long after her rice is done and she drags her feet to the kitchen and gets her food. Jiwoo goes back to getting comfortable on the sofa and watches her programme and eats.

Its times like this, which I wish would last longer.

She takes in a moment to j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter