Chapter 1

Take a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwoo had been friends with Matthew for as long as she could remember. All her memories of him were of arguing with him and a few more tender moments like walking home from school in the rain. Despite the millions of argument she had fallen in love with him.

Oh, she was in too deep.

She had watched him go through a lot, from his graduations to his parents’ divorce and through all his relationships. She saw it all, his relationships falling apart and his heart breaking. He would laugh it off saying maybe he wasn’t made for relationships after all his parents couldn’t work out their relationship so what right did he have to have a significant relationship.

Those words broke her heart. She wanted to help him somehow but he would never admit he wanted or needed help. He was always so cheerful and happy but somewhere along growing up he had lost the happy look in his eyes. He masked away his troubles well though. He’d smile like it was nothing and everything was fine.

“You are staring holes through him again” a voice cuts her thoughts.

It’s Somin, her best friend. 

“Oh, I spaced out” Jiwoo says with a shrug.

“Sure, I’m sure you weren’t thinking about him” Somin says as she places their drinks on the table.

“First of all, I wasn’t. Secondly, thanks for the drink” Jiwoo says.

“Look, we all know you are in love with him. Just take a chance” Somin says.

“I’m not in love with him!” Jiwoo argues.

“This argument again is it?” Somin says before rolling her eyes.

“It’s only because you keep on jumping to this random conclusion” Jiwoo says before taking a sip of her drink.

“And anyway, do you see the way he looks at that girl” Jiwoo points a finger at the now flirting Matthew.

“He looks at everyone that way! He looks at Taehyung that way!” Somin states firmly.

“Even Taehyung has a higher place in his heart than me” Jiwoo says with a laugh.

“So you do admit that you have some kind of feeling for him?” Somin asks hopefully.

“Even if I did, which I don’t. He would never see me that way” Jiwoo says and her tone of voice tells Somin that Jiwoo doesn’t want to carry on with his conversation.

They changed the subject of their conversation and talk about how they are doing at work. Somin complains about some of the work her boss is dumping on her and Jiwoo points out that she loves all the work really. Somin doesn’t deny it and just laughs it off. Taehyung comes around once in a while and makes sure that the girls ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter