Love Distance Long Affair [EUN POV]

EUNKANG COLLECTION

 

 

EUN JIWON 

Eun Jiwon has been feeling restless the whole day. Seeing the performance of his son, his father stopped him from continuing his work. He entered his office and told him, "Do what you really want to do."

"I'm doing it now" Jiwon answered.

"No no, you have been distracting your colleagues with your attitude and performance today. Stop what you are doing and do what you really want to do."

"Dad, I don't understand. What are you talking about?"

"Should I spell Kang Sunghoon ssi's name for you?"

JIwon was surprised. "Huh --what?"

"You don't know what you have done, I see." His father sighed, while getting the document that Jiwon sent to his secretary earlier. "Care to tell me why it is Sunghoon's name instead of mine in here?"

 

Stupefied, Jiwon was about to apologize for his mistake when his father asked him again to do what he really wants to do. "Get back here with a clear mind." His father added.

"Y-yes, Dad."

A minute after his father was gone, Jaijin went inside his office. "So, how did it go?" Looking at Jiwon's raised brows, he smacked his head. "Yah!" making Jiwon whine "Ah, hyung~"

"I was already inside Dad's office when I saw your mistake. He must have seen my expression so he took it and came here."

"You should have checked the document before giving it to Dad. What kind of secretary are you?" Jiwon answered, Jaijin smacked him in the head again.

"How would I know you would put Sunghoonie's name in there. I thought you are professional." he clicked his tongue at Jiwon then added "I've noticed you have been antsy since this morning. Dad must be right then. Do what you really want to do."

"But hyung" he gestured towards his table full of paper.

"Clear your mind first. You can never finish all of this. Also it's Friday. Just come back here on Monday."

"I won't be late, I promise." Jiwon said, already running towards the door.

"That was fast." After Jaijin said that, Jiwon came back with a sheepish smile he said "I forgot my things." His hyung just rolled his eyes and shake his head.


---


He had second thoughts working on a place away from Sunghoon. But it is needed. It is either the company in Seoul or in Hawaii. Dad's order, he thought. So he applied, passed the interviews and landed on his position on their company now. Two days ago, he got promoted. His promotion might be done by his father though. He thinks it is done so that his father and brother can evaluate and watch how he works personally. What a pain.

Also, he doesn't like to always rely on his family. But maybe he has been pushing himself too much that his family needs to stop him to rest for a while. He knows they are already proud of him. He looks at his watch. One more hour to go. He closed his eyes, lulled by the whispers of the people in the train. 

 

I miss you.


----

It was supposed to be a surprise. So he waited, without calling, the younger to be home. He waited... and waited... and waited but Sunghoon is not yet home. It is already 9 o'clock in the evening. He is becoming more and more restless. He couldn't remember how many times he went out of Sunghoon's apartment and watch the street for Sunghoon. Still, no Sunghoon. 

He was about to call him when he saw a young man walking towards the building. He smiled, relieved. At the same time making his heart beats fast. I miss you I miss you I miss you. He kept on saying.

But then he took a detour. Jiwon blinked. Where are you going? I am here. He saw the younger going to the park adjacent to his apartment building. As the younger sat on the swing, Jiwon was already on the elevator, panicking. Jiwon has been sensing something is odd with Sunghoon's voice this past few days. He seems sad but is trying to hide it from him. He seems like he wants to say something but is stopping himself. He is not thinking what I am thinking, is he? Oh no no no. He can't. No.

So he called the younger. Dumbfounded by his questions, he told him to turn around. And there he is, the most important person to him. The one who makes him laugh, who makes him smile, who keeps on doing aegyo that he cannot resist. The one who is his half, the one he will never ever let go.

And he needs to stop this sadness that is eating his Sunghoon up. (He is the only one who can.)

"Of course, Sunghoonie, you can laugh, you can cry, you can even get angry at me." Jiwon said while walking slowly towards the frozen man who is gripping the handle of the swing too hard."You can kiss me... you can hold me." He added as he slowly untangled Sunghoon's hands and entwined his hands' with his, pulling him closer to him. "And you can make me only yours. I am all yours, only yours." he ended, slowly bringing his face closer to Sunghoon.

"Hyung, how, why, what... you are here"

"I am" 

Then their lips met. Passionately, they shared a kiss, filling up the one month of not seeing each other. They tasted their longing and desperation on their kiss, the bittersweet taste of fear and insecurities that the other might have a changed of heart ebbing away.

"You are smiling." Jiwon said.

"So are you, hyung."

"Are you crying?" Jiwon asked, wiping a tear that has escaped his eyes

"So are you, hyung." he answered, putting his thumb on his hyung's face, drying his face from his tears

"I love you, Sunghoonie."

"So do I, I love you, Jiwon"

"We'll meet again."

"I'll be waiting."

"Hoon-ah, are you sending me away now?"

"No no no im just answering you, hyung. But really hyung, we will meet again"

"I will be waiting." he answered with eyes shining, and smile so relieved that Sunghoon realized he was not the only one who was afraid and being eaten up by insecurities. "I love you" he said, making Jiwon smile geniunely, making him smile that smile that he loves.



"Let's go home. I have been waiting for you for two hours you know. Where were you?" He asked the younger, slinging his arm around his shoulder, bringing him close as they walked towards Sunghoon's apartment, while Sunghoon has his arm around his waist.

"I was out with Jaeduck and Suwon. I miss you." Sunghoon said, looking at him with a look that made him groan.

"I want to kiss you." he mumbled, looking back at the younger.

"What?"

"I miss you too. So much. More than you'll ever know." He said instead as they entered the elevator. Inside, he pulled the younger closer and Sunghoon put his head on his shoulder, sighing he added "I miss this."

"How long are you going to be here?"

"I was told to return on Monday." he said with a big smile. "And before you ask, hyung told me. I was being unproductive there because i miss you so much. I need my Sunghoon fix." he added, hugging the younger, sniffing him. They went out in the elevator and entered Sunghoon's apartment with genuine smiles pasted on their faces.

"I need my Eun Jiwon fix too." Sunghoon said softly making  him gaze at him lovingly.

"We can arrange that. We have time."

"And you'll be waiting." Sunghoon added, he knows Jiwon knows what he is talking about. He will be waiting till he graduates before they can be together again... well aside from surprise moments and visits like this. Maybe next time, it will be his turn to surprise him.

"I'll be waiting. For you, I will be waiting."

"And I, too, for you. I love you." the younger answered with a smile.