Say-SIDE STORIES

EUNKANG COLLECTION

JUST A TYPICAL DAY IN THE EUN HOUSEHOLD

It has been a year.

Still, they are going strong.

Sunghoon still has his own apartment but he hasn’t been sleeping there, really. If he went there, it will only be for a while. He has been practically living in the Eun apartment for a year now. He would wake up early and cook food for Jiwon and the kids. Prepare things that they needed before waking the three up. He still work as a singer in cafes, pubs, one thing that he insisted when Jiwon told him he has been working hard enough, with the kids and his gigs, saying he can sustain both of them with him as a businessman, but told him not to because he loves what he is doing. So Jiwon sighed and let him do what he wants, one thing that he is grateful.

He has been humming a song, a favourite song of his—Couple by his favourite band Sechskies, when a pair of arms encircled around his waist. He turned his head and was met by Jiwon’s kiss.

“Good morning” Jiwon softly said after the kiss.

“Good morning” Sunghoon replied with a sweet smile on his face. “You woke up early.” He added as he fully turned to entwine his hands on Jiwon’s neck.

“It’s because you woke up too early. I can’t go back to sleep without you beside me.”

“You’re kidding. You always woke up late even when I am not around for an hour or two in bed.”

Jiwon chuckled “But lately I couldn’t go back to sleep when you are not around.” He still reasoned out

“You are just making excuses. You just really want to cling to me.”

“What, you don’t like it?”

“Who said I don’t?” Sunghoon questioned back, a smile blooming on his face. “Alright, sweetheart, I’ll make your coffee now, sit for a while.” He added, pecking him on the lips before entangling himself from Jiwon’s hold. He then went to the coffee maker to make some coffee, humming again.

“You know, I love listening to your voice, right? Sing the song, for me, please?” Jiwon suddenly said, asking cutely. Sunghoon just shook his head, laughing, as he proceeded on singing the song.

Jiwon intently listened to Sunghoon; with a gentle smile on his face, he followed every move of the younger. “Saranghae” he suddenly said, startling the younger. But Sunghoon only glowed at what he said and replied “Saranghae”

They were still looking at each other’s eyes when they heard voices from the hallway.

 

“You woke up late, Hoon-ah”

“No, you woke up late, Yoon-ah”

“You did”

“You did”

“You did”

“You did”

 

Both adults turned to both children who entered the kitchen. Jiwon asked “It’s still too early, why did you wake up early?” Jiwon asked, looking at his wristwatch, it reads 6:30 am. He turned to Sunghoon who went near him with his cup of coffee, “Thanks, love.” he softly muttered.

“I knew it. I did not wake up late. You did.” Seunghoon stated.

“But we just woke up at the same time.” Seungyoon justified.

“How did you know? I entered your room first.”

“I was already awake then. Didn’t you see I was playing with Mr. Teddy?”

Jiwon sighed, another morning with the twins bickering. But he smiled when he felt Sunghoon’s hand caressing his back.

“Alright, kids. It’s a Saturday morning. What do you want to do today?” Sunghoon asked, officially breaking the twins bickering.

“I want to go to zoo!” Both answered at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed, giving each other a high-five. “Then go home afterwards I still have my piano lessons with you, Uncle Sunghoon.” Seungyoon added.

“Of course, how about Seunghoon?” Sunghoon questioned the Yoon’s twin who looks like he has been thinking real hard.

“Hmm. Alright, I’ll accompany Yoon-ah and play the piano, too. Uncle Sunghoon. How about daddy?” he questioned Jiwon who has a smile on his face listening to his sons.

“Me? I’ll accompany my love.” He said, the kids looked at each other questioningly and then giggled. They both went to Sunghoon and Jiwon, hugging their legs.

“We love you both, too.” They chorused.

Just a typical weekend in the Eun household.

 

 

VACATION

“We’ll come back and get you after a week, alright? Behave and be good.”

“Yes, daddy!” The twins answered in chorus as Sunghoon opened the car’s door for them. Jiwon went to the trunk to get the twins’ things.

“Hello, grandma! Hello, grandpa!” they heard the twins say as Sunghoon helped Jiwon on getting the twins’ bags. Jiwon bringing Seunghoon’s things while Sunghoon bringing Seungyoon’s. They went inside the two-storey house and was greeted by Jiwon’s parents at the gate.

“Good morning, mom, dad.” Jiwon greeted.

“Good morning uncle, auntie.” Sunghoon greeted, smiling.

Both smile at them and greeted them in return. Jiwon’s mom even asked Sunghoon how he has been. It has been four months since they last seen each other. As of now, both parents are aware of their relationship and approved of Sunghoon. At first they didn’t understand how their son chose someone like Sunghoon but when they saw how much Sunghoon loves and adores the kids and how much the kids adore Sunghoon, and how much they look like a family, one thing that they did not see when Jiwon was married, they started to understand. Five more frequent visits and Sunghoon has wormed his way inside the heart of Jiwon’s parents. They even ask how and where Sunghoon is when the younger is not around. Jiwon only sighs at that. He is grateful, to be honest, very much grateful to his parents for accepting his relationship with Sunghoon.

“I’m good, auntie!” Sunghoon beamed but then worry is evident on his face and voice as he said “But is it really alright for us to leave the kids here for a week? I mean, I can always tell them I can’t come to my gigs and—”

“It’s alright. They are still on vacation and we have missed them so much, it’s been so long since they were left here by Jiwon. You worry too much. We can manage, Sunghoonie.” Jiwon’s mom told Sunghoon.

Sunghoon sighed, worries ebbing. “I told you they can manage. I always leave the children to them back then too. One week is alright with them.” Jiwon muttered, slinging an arm around Sunghoon’s shoulder.

“Alright, alright.” Sunghoon mumbled, a smile back on his face.

“Take it as a gift from us, you can now have your free time with Jiwon.” Jiwon’s father jokingly added. Sunghoon laughed at that. And the three Euns smiled seeing that laugh. They are all smitten with Sunghoon.

“Seunghoon, Seungyoon, say goodbye to your dad and Uncle Sunghoon!” Grandma Eun shouted. They heard shuffling of feet and the twins head popped out from the door. They smiled as they went near them, giving them their hugs, they bid their goodbyes.

 

***

Sunghoon tumbled down to the sofa and closed his eyes. He was tired. He went to his apartment as soon as Jiwon brought him back to their apartment building. “Take care on your way to work.” He had said to Jiwon as he bid him goodbye and a kiss on the lips.

Sunghoon didn’t know what to do to kill time. He was about to enter the Eun apartment when he remembered he can kill the time on making music. Without the kids to worry about, he went back to his usual routine. That’s what he thought. But as soon as he entered his apartment, he felt exhausted.

“I just need to sleep for a while.”

Yet instead of sleeping, Sunghoon thought of Jiwon and his relationship with him. It has been two years. And still they are going strong. Sunghoon remembered that time when they fought, it brought a smile to his face. Now he knows how the older knows where he was at that time. It is because of Lee Jaijin, his close friend. He didn’t know Jaijin knows Jiwon and he didn’t know his friend has been listening to his ramblings that day. He might have sounded so pathetic that Jaijin tried to make him feel better, typical Jaijin.

He clearly remembered what happened afterwards and because of it and Jiwon’s courage to confess, he is a happy man. Still, he is afraid that they will disappear one day, the kids and Jiwon. Shaking his head, he cleared his negative thoughts away and sleeps.

He was awoken when something soft and wet was pressed on his cheeks. He opened his eyes and met Jiwon’s smiling face. “Why are you here?” he asked, sitting up “How about work?” he questioned, eyes questioning but there’s a smile on his face.

Jiwon just continue on smiling as he says “So you are here. You didn’t answer my calls. I’m on leave right now. Do you want to go to Japan?” he asked, eyes twinkling as he waved the plane tickets in front of the younger.

“You are kidding!” Sunghoon laughed

“I didn’t tell you because I want it to be a surprised. Do you want to?”

“I would love to” Sunghoon softly said, hand going up to touch Jiwon’s face. “Why all of a sudden though?”

“It’s because the kids are not around.” Jiwon answered, grinning wide. “We can do some actions too while we are alone. In fact, let’s start now.” And Jiwon proceeded on kissing him on the lips. Sunghoon pulled back afterwards making Jiwon playfully pout his lips.

“When are we going to Japan?”

“Tomorrow morning. Dad was not joking when he said we can have some alone time, you know.” Jiwon said, leaning forward to kiss him again. Sunghoon complied, kissing him back.

They kissed passionately, Jiwon kissed him in a way that he doesn’t want to stop and Sunghoon answered him back more fiercely. Sunghoon’s hand entangled on Jiwon’s head, keeping him close while Jiwon’s are on Sunghoon’s waist, not wanting to let go. Jiwon slowly laid him down on the sofa, assisting his head with his left hand as he did so.

They broke the kiss to catch some breath, and Sunghoon questioned Jiwon “Are we really doing it here? Or should we go to bed while both of us still can move freely.”

“Who said I can’t keep my hands on touching you? You can’t move freely now.” Jiwon mumbled, hands rubbing up and down Sunghoon’s body, making a point as he leaned down to on his neck.

Sunghoon moaned, “Hyung. Let’s go to bed, now.”

“Alright” Jiwon answered but still continued on on his neck.

The doorbell was heard and Jiwon groaned. “Ignore it.” Sunghoon said hands going up from his arms to his nape. But the sound continued and then someone is knocking on the door, more like fist bumping on the door. Grumbling, Jiwon stood up and was ready to kill whoever is on the door. He swings the door open only to reveal a Jaejin who has his fist up on a knocking position.

“What are you doing here!?” Jiwon asked, he couldn’t hide his irritation

“Oh. Oh.” Jaijin stares at Jiwon’s face, questioning but then nodded in understanding. “Tell Sunghoon he can have his week off. And he was not answering my calls so I came here. Guess he is busy. Tell him I’ll come by next week and play.” He calmly said, but a smirk was present on his lips. “So, I’m going now. Enjoy.” He added as he turned his back to walk to the direction of the elevator. Jaijin was actually about to tell Sunghoon more but seeing Jiwon and his expression, he just thought they can just have a chat next week, when he is back on work already. And speaking of work, he is going back to work tomorrow. It is not always that he would ask for a leave but he just want to relax for a while so he did. He sighed, life of an adult. Seeing Jiwon’s irritated face just made his day. He laughed as he entered the elevator.

“Is that Jaijin hyung?” Sunghoon asked, now sitting up on the sofa.

“Yes.” He said, still grumbling. And he relayed Jaejin’s message to Sunghoon still irritation present on his face. Seeing this, Sunghoon laugh as he leaned in for a kiss, catching Jiwon off guard.

“Feeling better?” he asked seeing a smile lighting up Jiwon’s face.

“No, not yet. More please.” Jiwon answered and he complied.

They make love that day. And as always, Jiwon proclaimed his love and promised never to leave Sunghoon as he reached his , Sunghoon muttering the same.

***

They were on the airport, already arrived in Japan and Jiwon noticed many people looking at them. Jiwon clicked his tongue and sling his right arm around Sunghoon’s shoulder. He knows they weren’t looking at him because he is in all his black glory. He is pretty sure they were looking at an oblivious Sunghoon. Sunghoon can be oblivious sometimes or he might be so used with the staring of people that he did not notice it anymore. Sunghoon wears a simple white shirt and white ripped jeans but with his bright blonde hair, sunglasses, and beautiful face, who won’t steal a second glance at him? Sunghoon looked at him, smiling questioningly. He just smiled back in return as they continued walking out of Narita airport.

They headed directly to the hotel where Jiwon made a reservation. And as they went to their hotel room, Jiwon is still as close to Sunghoon as he did at the airport, something that Sunghoon notices.

“What’s the matter, Jiwon-ah.”

“Nothing.” He instantly answered. When Sunghoon only calls him by his name, that means the younger is seriously worried.

“It’s not just nothing.” Sunghoon said, insisting something is wrong.

Jiwon sighed, detaching himself from Sunghoon, he holds his hand as they entered their room and said “you are too good-looking for your own good.” As he kissed his palm

“No I’m not good-looking. Were the staring made you uncomfortable? I’m sorry. I got used to it with my line of work.”

“It’s not that I am uncomfortable with the staring. It’s just that , well, uhh, I got jealous.” He mumbled the last part that Sunghoon almost didn’t catch what he was saying. As soon as he decipher it though, he laughed as he hold his face and kiss him on the lips.

“Don’t be jealous. It’s the only thing that they can do, to stare. While you on the other hand~” Sunghoon runs his fingers on Jiwon’s jet black hair, “can do many things that only a lover can do. So don’t get jealous at them.” He ended, smiling at Jiwon.

Jiwon smiled back in return. “Can I do one of the things that only a lover can do, Sunghoonie?” he questioned, a mischievous smile on his face. And before Sunghoon can even nod, he leaned down, hands entwining around Sunghoon’s waist as he savour the taste of the younger’s lips.

All is well!

And they enjoyed their vacation too~ Let’s let them enjoy their vacation ne~

 

 

---- Kim unnie, end of Say stories~ XD