Jin

Stranded

Jin and Jungkook followed the others back to camp. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok set Jimin down gently. Jimin winced and bit his lip, but didn't cry out. He was trying to be strong, Jin could see that much, but there was so much blood, and Jimin looked so pale. Jungkook went to Jimin's side, guilt flooding his eyes. Jin moved to Jimin's other side. He felt his dongsaeng's forehead. It was clammy to the touch, but also warm. 

"What do we do?" Hoseok asked, panic creeping into his voice. He looked equally pale, and avoided looking at Jimin's leg for too long. Funny how quickly Hoseok went from being the doctor of the group to the one most freaked out. He glanced at Yoongi and Namjoon, hoping they had the answer. 

"I have no idea," Namjoon replied. "We have to find a way to stop the bleeding though." 

"Yeah, and how do you propose that?" Yoongi demanded. "We aren't doctors." 

"Maybe there's something in the first aid kit...like instructions or something?" Taehyung offered. 

"I don't think there are instructions," Namjoon sighed. "Go get it though." 

While they bickered, Jin grabbed a spare t-shirt and bundled it into a ball. He glanced down at Jimin. "This is going to hurt, but we need to suppress the bleeding," Jin mumbled.

He pressed his good hand against Jimin's leg firmly. Jimin stiffened with a groan, and squeezed Jungkook's hand tightly. Taehyung went to fetch the first aid kit, while Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon came over. Hoseok stood a little ways off to the side, arms crossed. Jin knew this wasn't going to be as easy washing his burn, but they couldn't let Jimin bleed out. When Taehyung came back with the first aid kit, blood was already seeping through the shirt. 

"We need to check it," Yoongi said, "see what we're dealing with." 

"Checking it means taking the pressure off," Jin countered. 

"Do it quickly." 

"We have to stitch it up." 

"What if it hit a vein?" 

"Do you want to try stitching it?" 

"There is so much blood." 

"Alright enough!" Namjoon came forward with the kit and plopped down beside Jimin. "Arguing isn't going to solve anything. Look, Taehyung was right. There is a manual right here. If the bleeding isn't stopping, and is severe, cauterizing is last choice. And we don't have the skills to stitch him up properly."

Yoongi blanched. "Cauterize...you mean...?" 

Jin felt sick. Jimin was losing too much blood and Namjoon was right. They couldn't stitch Jimin up. What if there was bleeding inside? But cauterizing.... Jungkook's eyes were wide and scared, and he looked like he was close to going into shock as well. Taehyung sat next to Jin, quietly, uncertain of how to handle the situation. Hoseok slumped to the ground, shaking his head. 

"We can't do that," he said, vehemently. "No way can we do that." 

Namjoon looked grim. "We don't have much choice. It's either that, or he bleeds to death." 

Jimin was still, his face had a sheen of sweat. Jungkook smoothed back his hair worriedly, his brow creased, making him look older than nineteen. Jin didn't want to do it either, but what else were they going to do? Jimin was in real danger, and with only themselves to look after one another, someone had to bite the bullet and do it. Jin was about to volunteer, when someone beat him to it.

"I'll do it," Yoongi said quietly. 

Everyone looked at Yoongi, quiet, lethargic Yoongi. He still looked pale, and freaked out, but his eyes were steely and determined. Jin patted his back in encouragement. "I'll help hold him down." 

Namjoon nodded as well. He looked back down in the book. "We need to get a piece of metal, disinfect it, then stick it in the fire to heat it up. We also need something for Jimin to bite down on. It's not going to be pretty."

Taehyung and Hoseok hurried off to fetch a piece of metal, and something strong enough for Jimin to bite down on, while Jin and Yoongi took a look at the wound. Jin was covered in so much blood, he was surprised to see more spill out from the wound when he moved the shirt. Jungkook groaned and closed his eyes at the sight, but Jimin remained still. Jin was worried, but Yoongi looked like he was going to be sick. He his lips, and muttered something under his breath to calm himself down. They cleaned the wound with alcohol, and Jimin struggled against the pain, but settled down quickly. Fortunately, the fire was still burning, and when Taehyung brought the piece of metal, Yoongi plunged it into the flames, careful not to get burned himself. While Yoongi did that, Jungkook propped Jimin's head in his lap, and slid a piece of ripped leather that Hoseok had found, in between Jimin's teeth. 

"Hey hyung, bite down on this okay," Jungkook said softly.

Jin took one arm, while Taehyung took the other. Namjoon pinned Jimin's legs to the ground, adn Jungkook leaned forward, putting his weight on Jimin's torso. Stop as much as movement as possible. Hoseok shook, but he sat next to Yoongi with the bandages, still refusing to look at the wound. Yoongi crouched down, the piece of metal smoking and tinged orange. He glanced around at everyone, and Jin could see the pain and tension in Yoongi's eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Jiminnie," Yoongi whispered, before resting the heated metal against the cut. 

There was a hissing sound, and Jimin bucked. His eyes flew open and he let out a muffled scream around the piece of leather. He thrashed, but Yoongi managed to keep a firm hold on the wound. But it was working. Already the bleeding had stopped. Jungkook whispered to Jimin softly, holding him tightly, as Jimin slipped into unconsciousness. Hoseok leaned over and threw up, and Jin had to close his eyes to let the wave of nausea pass over him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Yoongi cleaning the wound again, shakily, Namjoon helping. Jimin breathed heavily, and Jungkook curled around him singing softly now. Hoseok had come over and draped a thin hoodie over Jimin, and now sat next to Jungkook. Namjoon and Yoongi worked efficiently, and swiftly, but the ordeal had taken its toll on them as well. 

It had zapped all of Jin's energy. He couldn't focus. He sat next to Jimin, sounds muffled. He couldn't believe he had to be a part of something like that. That Jimin had to endure such a thing. That any of them had to endure that. They had only been stranded for two days, and already it felt like it took years from him. Taeyhung wrapped his arms around Jin, and said something but Jin couldn't understand anything. Jimin was breathing slower now, his face etched with pain. The worst was over now, but they were low on supplies, how long would they be able to keep his wound clean? How long would it be okay to not have it treated professionally? Jin reached his arms around Taehyung and buried his head into Taehyung's neck.

Only two days on the island, and so much had happened. What else could go wrong? 

***

A/N: Here you go! ^^ Enjoy!...or, well, don't? Lol I dunno this is a serious chapter, things kind of took a different turn than what I had anticipated. But I still hope it turned out okay and stay tuned for the next one! ^^