Hoseok

Stranded

This was not how Hoseok intended to spend his time after the Western concert. Then again, it wasn't really what anyone else wanted either. But still. Hoseok had been daydreaming on the plane, of sitting at home relaxing. Maybe do some cleaning and cooking, but mainly nothing. And now he was being led into a forest, possibly with snakes and other creepy crawlies. Oh yeah he was scared. 

"Can't I just stay back with Jin hyung?" he complained, eyeing the trees as if they were deadly. "You know how I feel about snakes...." 

"What aren't you afraid of?" Namjoon sighed, while Yoongi smirked.

Hoseok pouted and drew his arms around him. His shoulder brushed a low hanging branch and he jumped, whirling around. For a brief moment he thought there was a snake curled around the branch, but then realized it was just a vine. He sighed. When he glanced up, Yoongi and Namjoon were already a few feet ahead of him. He hurried to catch up, not wanting to be in the forest alone. 

Suddenly, Namjoon gasped and pointed excitedly. "Look! Bananas!"

In a small clearing, was a tall tree. At the very top, were bundles of green bananas. Hoseok cheered excitedly. "Yah! We found them!" 

Even Yoongi, who had been quieter than usual, perked up at the sight of the tree. They hurried over and looked up, shielding their eyes from the sun. Yoongi dropped his hand and pursed his lips. "It's really high up. It doesn't even look climbable." He tried shaking the tree, but it was solidly in place. He kicked it for good measure and swore. "We need to cut it down." 

"Hold on, let me get my invisible ax," Namjoon retorted. Yoongi shot him a dark look. 

"Okay, let's not fight." Hoseok looked down and pointed to the base of the tree. "We don't even have to worry about cutting it down." 

At the base of the tree were bunches of bananas. Some were ripe, but others had fallen because the ripe ones fell. They crowded around excitedly and started picking through the bananas, finding the ones that were most edible. Then they collected them all into the bag that Namjoon thankfully thought to pack with them. 

"Now, to find some fresh water," Namjoon declared happily.

The discovery of the bananas was enough to motivate them. Even Hoseok felt less freaked out by the surrounding trees. When they had walked a little ways, Yoongi suddenly came to a stop. Hoseok, more focussed on the area surrounding them, collided with him. "Aya! What are you doing? You okay?"

Yoongi's usual emotionless face was now twisted in worry. His brow creased, and he looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't know how to. Namjoon turned and raised his eyebrows. "What is going on?" Hoseok shrugged and gestured to Yoongi, who still looked frozen. Hoseok nudged his hyung in encouragement. 

"I...." Yoongi took in a deep breath. "I saw something. Last night. I thought it was just the trick of the light, but now I'm not so sure." He paused again and Hoseok tsked. 

"Just spit it out," he said, though he was worried. Yoongi usually just spoke his mind, never really hesitated, so what made him so nervous?

"I saw a person, standing at the edge of the trees. I looked this morning, and there were footprints, at the same tree," Yoongi answered finally. "I didn't get a good look, but I don't think we're alone on this island." 

Hoseok's eyes widened. His first thought was that they were saved! There were other people on the island, that was a good thing. Maybe they had a way of contacting someone, or maybe they had a plane. But then his thoughts turned. What if they were indigenous? What if they were isolated and had never seen other humans before? What if they were cannibals? What if they started hunting them down, one by one? His face paled, and he leaned against a tree. Namjoon, on the other hand, looked puzzled. If he was concerned or scared, he was doing a fantastic job of hiding it. For now. 

"Did he have a weapon?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi shrugged. "It was too dark. But if he meant any harm, I think he would have tried something while we were sleeping. I had to tell you though...in case something happened." 

"Maybe they were just scoping us out. Trying to find our weaknesses," Hoseok whispered. "They could be waiting for the perfect time...." His eyes darted up to Namjoon and Yoongi. "Like if we were to split up." 

"No, that's not it," Yoongi said, though his tone said otherwise. He and Namjoon cast each other nervous looks. "We should go check on Jin hyung."  

The search for fresh water out of their mind, the trio high-tailed it back to camp. Hoseok tried not to panic. It was okay. Jin was fine. The others were fine. No one was getting attacked by savages. That was all speculation, Hoseok's imagination running wild. He could tell Yoongi and Namjoon were equally freaked by the discovery. Jin was the most vulnerable, but would the maknaes be able to defend themselves against a group of people out for blood? 

They broke through the trees, and found their camp easily. But there was no sign of Jin. Hoseok's stomach fell. 

"Jin hyung?" Namjoon called. 

"Jin!" Yoongi repeated. 

Hoseok looked around, his chest heaving from the run, sweat beading on his forehead, and his face etched with worry. They called out for Jin again, when suddenly the bushes rustled nearby. Hoseok jumped and scampered away from the sound, using Namjoon as a barrier. Namjoon tsked but didn't step out of the way. 

"What?" Jin broke through the trees, looking thoroughly annoyed. "I can't have one second of peace?" He paused when he saw their expressions. "Oh...what's wrong?"

Relief flooded through Hoseok so quickly and strongly, that he collapsed to the ground. Jin was okay. Before any of them had the chance to reply, Taehyung bolted towards them in a panic. He barely registered any of them, but gestured wildly behind him, breathing heavily. Hoseok panicked again. Now what? Jin hurried to Taehyung's side. 

"Slowly, Taehyung," Jin muttered, Taehyung's hair. "Breathe slowly." 

"Jimin....Jungkook," Taehyung managed. "Trapped...." 

Trapped? Hoseok couldn't take any more of this stress. Plane crash, stranded, snakes, mystery people, now Jimin and Jungkook trapped. What else could go wrong? When Taehyung could finally get a decent breath in and explain properly, the group hurried to the plane's hull. It had capsized on itself, leaving a pile of metal and debris. 

"Jungkook!" Hoseok called out. 

Hyung! Help! Jimin can't get out." 

"What do we do?" Hoseok turned to the others. "We have to get them out of there." 

"We can try lifting all together," Jin suggested. "It was too heavy for Taehyung alone, but maybe all of us...." 

"And risk it collapsing further?" Namjoon pointed out. "We don't want to crush them." He examined it closely. "If we can find a weak spot, we could find a way to get them out." 

"We don't have a lot of time," Hoseok pressed. He glanced back at the plane, brow wrinkled in distress. "Jimin..." 

"Will be fine," Namjoon assured him. "He's strong." He approached the plane. "Jungkook? Jimin? Hang on, we're going to get you out of there! How's Jimin?" 

"In a lot of pain!" Jungkook called out. "He's in and out of consciousness." 

"Try to keep him awake," Namjoon instructed. He glanced back at the others, and Hoseok felt encouraged by the leader's look of determination. "I have a plan." 

****

A/N: oooh I got another chapter out in a week! Yay!