Taehyung

Stranded

Taehyung dawdled behind Jungkook and Jimin as they made their way to the wreckage. Well, the main bulk of the wreckage anyway. Debris was scattered everywhere, a lot of charred or burned to bits, but some that was still salvagable now that the fire had died off. The morning sun beamed down on them. It was going to be a hot day. He had wanted to stay back with Jin, but knew he should contribute to the work. As much as he could. Jin would be fine, he kept telling himself, it's not like the injury was life threatening. 

Jimin kept up cheerful small talk, anything to fill the void. Jungkook was quiet as always, though he did have that mischeivious smirk as he listened to Jimin. Taehyung didn't feel like joining the conversation, and he let them drift further ahead of him. He was still reeling about the crash. He was certain he fainted he'd been so scared. When he came to, he saw the burning plane, but no one else. He'd wandered closer to the wreck, only to find Hoseok comforting Jimin, while Jungkook and Yoongi dragged an unconscious Jin away from the plane. Taehyung had a sinking feeling, watching them pull Jin, a pain that ran deep in his chest. When he saw Jin was still alive, the relief was only there momentarily, before he realized they had only survived to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. 

Now the maknaes were searching for supplies, while their hyungs were looking for food. Taehyung caught up to the others. "We should find something to build a shelter, right?" 

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, yeah we'll find that in a second. Jungkookie, where did you find that soju?" 

Jungkook smirked. He liked where this was going. "Somewhere over there I think. Can't really remember." 

Jimin threw an arm over Jungkook's shoulders and cast a coy look towards Taehyung. "We have a duty to bring back supplies, and some soju is the perfect thing." 

Taehyung frowned, but he didn't want to separate from the other two. He followed after the two troublemakers, wondering why he couldn't get into the spirit of having some fun. He usually would jump right into it, but now.... Taehyung glanced over to the trees, only to do a double take. For a brief moment he thought he saw.... Blinking, Taehyung looked again and this time, saw nothing. His brow furrowed. Something didn't sit right with him, the hair on his arms standing on end. 

"Taehyung!" 

Jungkook waved at him. They had gotten so far, he must have stopped walking. Jimin was crouched on the ground, digging in the sand. Taehyung glanced back at the trees, but he was starting to think that he had been imaging things. He shook his head and jogged to catch up with Jungkook and Jimin. Jimin sighed and knelt back. The fridge lay open, empty. 

"Nothing," he sighed. "Maybe in the plane?" 

"The plane doesn't look safe," Taehyung said nervously. He glanced at the wreck, which was charred and breaking down. "We should find some things for shelter." 

Jimin nodded. "We could take apart the plane, but we should check in there, anyway, just in case there are some things inside." 

"I'll go," Jungkook volunteered. He was fearless, no matter the cirumstances. He patted Taehyung on the back. "I'll be fine Tae." 

Taehyung could't shake the bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. "This is not going to end well," he muttered. He watched as Jimin and Jungkook approached the plane, thankfully with caution. The plane groaned under their weight, making Taehyung wince. Yes, Jungkook would go in there with no hesitation, but he was surprised that Jimin went in. 

Eyes were on him again. Taehyung looked around, but saw nothing. He was getting anxious. He didn't know what was happening, but he got the feeling they weren't alone on this island. He approached the plane slowly. "Guys? We should get the stuff and leave." 

"Working on it Taehyung!" Jimin called out. Taehyung could hear some rustling, and snickering, but neither of them came back out. 

"I have a bad feeling," Taehyung urged. "I think someone's watching us."

"Who?" Jungkook asked. 

"I don't...know," Taehyung replied softly. 

The plane groaned again, dangerously this time, and Taehyung saw it shift slightly. From inside, he heard Jimin curse. "Get out of there!" 

The plane rolled slightly, and the flimsy skeleton cracked. It had lost any structure when the flames burned everything away. Something fell, and it was like a block had been removed. Taehyung watched as the structure collapsed. He heard a yelp, and then sand flew up around him. Coughing and spluttering, Taehyung waved the sand away and glanced at the plane. It had collapsed in itself, and he couldn't see the others anywhere. His heart pounded against his chest, and he felt just as he had yesterday, when they dragged Jin away from the plane. He didn't want to lose anyone else. 

"Jimin? Jungkook?" 

Silence. 

Then.

"Taehyung! Jimin's stuck!" 

Taehyung ran for the plane. "Jungkook? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I can't get out. Jimin's leg...it's pinned." 

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair. He pulled on one of the metal rods, but it didn't budge. He scanned the plane, trying to find a weak spot, but everything seemed tightly pressed together. He kicked it. "I'll be right! Just going to get Jin hyung." 

"Hurry!" 

Taehyung muttered under his breath about the stupidity of his brothers, and took off down the beach back to where they made camp. He hoped the others were nearby, since he had a feeling it was going to take all of them. 

****

A/N: Another chapter up and ready! It's a bit more serious, and I was also distracted while writing it so it might not be the best, but enjoy all the same! Please comment, vote, etc ^^