Jungkook

Stranded

Jungkook hung back a bit behind Yoongi and Namjoon as they made their way to the wreckage. The fire was still burning intensely, probably would be going for a while, but there was a lot of debris and potential supplies. While Namjoon and Yoongi scanned the wreck, Jungkook turned his attention to the island itself. The cut on his head throbbed, but at least it had stopped bleeding. 

The island was beautiful, with a dense forest lining the beach. Somewhere near the middle there was a small mountain, but he could only just make out the peak from where he stood. He could hear birds, and the chitter of small animals, which made him wonder if there were any other animals lurking in the trees. If there were, he hoped there weren't any that would attack the group. 

There was a yelp, and Jungkook glanced over to see Namjoon trip over something protruding out of the sand. Yoongi pinched his brow in exasperation. A laugh escaped from Jungkook before he could stop it. The leader picked himself up and glared at the maknae. Everything had been so sullen, so quiet, and then Namjoon went and did what Namjoon did best. He tripped. 

"Not even five minutes here and you fall," Yoongi sighed. 

Namjoon was about to protest, when his eyes widened. "Oh! But, look what I found." He crouched down and wiped some of the sand out of the way. It was a food storage. He pried open the door, as Jungkook and Yoongi crowded around him. The food was a little banged up, some were leaking, some had spilled completely, but there was food. The food was all pre-made, and probably wouldn't last long without a fridge to keep them cold. But it was a start.

Yoongi cracked a grin. "I guess your clumsiness finally paid off." He poked some of the food. "They won't last long though, but we can have some of this for dinner." 

Jungkook grabbed a small bottle and shook it. "And some soju." 

They collected what they could salvage, and Yoongi found a small, emptied bag which they stuffed full of food. They salvaged some clothes - Hoseok's, Yoongi's, and Jin's luggage were still pretty much intact, while the others' were scattered or gone entirely. A lot of stuff had washed away in the storm.

They discovered Jungkook's phone, but it was shattered. Jungkook stared at his broken phone, sadly. It felt like he had lost a part of himself, and they lost a way to be found. He sat there, willing the phone to turn on, when Yoongi came and sat next to him. Namjoon still looked around, trying to salvage anything he can before they headed back to the others. The sun was sinking, and Jungkook could tell Yoongi was nervous. 

"You okay?" his hyung said. "Your head looks pretty sore."

Jungkook shrugged. His head did hurt, and a headache was growing. He dropped the phone in the sand and drew his knees under his chin. "Are you?" 

"Not really," Yoongi admitted. "I think doing something helps. Kind of hard to believe though." 

Jungkook nodded. "Here I was dreaming of going home, relax in my bed, maybe play some games." Jungkook sighed. "Do you think we'll be found?" 

"We'll be found," Yoongi said, with such confidence that Jungkook wanted to believe him. They had only just crashed, but it already felt like they had been stuck there forever. The plane had to have a tracker or something, but what if it wasn't working? What if it burned up with the rest of the plane? Or was washed out into the ocean? "The fire might help for a while. It'll be like a beacon. And it'll keep us warm for now. Once it goes out...well we'll figure it out." 

Now that Yoongi pointed it out, Jungkook shivered. The sun was sinking quickly, and the air was cooling. He only wore a t-shirt and shorts, something fitting for the summer they had left behind in the States. And he could see the fire was dying down, having nothing much left to feed off. "How exactly do we light a fire?"

Before Yoongi could answer, Namjoon came back and sunk to the ground, exhausted. "Nothing much left. But I'm starving." 

"Let's get the food back to the others. Hopefully they found the first aid kit." 

Back at the camp, Jungkook saw Jin propped up against the tree, nursing a bandaged arm, with Taehyung leaning against the tree beside him. Jimin and Hoseok sat on the sand, Jimin wincing and complaining loudly as Hoseok dabbed some alcohol swabs on a cut. 

"You're too rough," Jimin complained. He batted Hoseok's hand, to which the older boy rolled his eyes and tsked. 

"I'm just dabbing it," Hoseok snapped. "Geez, and here I thought Jin was being a baby." 

"We coming bearing food!" Namjoon exclaimed, lifting the bag. 

The others perked up. No matter the circumstances, they all appreciated food. Hoseok's eyes went to Jungkook a moment and the cut on his forehead. Jimin sneakily ducked away and hurried over to where Namjoon was unpacking the food. "The doctor will see you now!" 

"Who put Hoseok hyung in charge of the first aid kit?" Jungkook asked, but he sat obediently in front of Hoseok. "Do you have any clue what you're doing?" 

"Absolutely not!" Hoseok dug around the first aid kit and grabbed some more cotton swabs. He dabbed some alcohol onto it and bit his lip. "This might sting." He didn't give Jungkook the chance to pull away, just pressed the swab against Jungkook's forehead. 

Jungkook hissed as the wound prickled heatedly. "More like it burns." 

"It'll keep it clean." Hoseok peered in close. "I don't think it needs stitches...." 

"You are not coming anywhere near me with a needle and thread," Jungkook snapped. 

"The perfect revenge on the maknaes," Yoongi snickered. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes as Hoseok put a bandage on. "Don't worry Jungkookie, I wouldn't do that. Don't think I have the stomach for it anyway." 

"Dinner's ready," Namjoon announced. 

****

A/N: Another quick ending, apologies, I'm off to celebrate my bday, but I wanted to get one chapter out!