Jimin

Stranded

Jimin drifted in and out of consciousness. He was aware of being lifted out of the collapsed plane, and he remembered intense, white hot pain, but then everything went black. When he awoke again, the sun had set, and he was staring groggily up at a starry night sky. His body was tense, and he felt both cold and hot. His leg was in incredible pain, which he tried not to focus on. Groaning, he tried to sit up, but someone pushed him back down gently. 

"No, don't get up," Jungkook said. "You need to stay put. Hoseok hyung he's awake!" 

"What happened?" Jimin whispered, his throat sore. He cleared it, and Jungkook grabbed a water bottle. He helped Jimin, who drank hungrily. Jungkook pulling it away before Jimin drank too much. 

"Yoongi hyung said you shouldn't have too much water," Jungkook said, "slow sips, otherwise you'll get sick." He felt Jimin's forehead and frowned. "Still warm." He grabbed a cloth and dabbed Jimin's forehead lightly. Hoseok appeared next to Jimin, and smiled in relief.

"What happened?" Jimin asked again.

Jungkook and Hoseok exchanged a quick look, and though Jungkook tried to control his expression, Jimin could see through the cracks. Tears threatened in the corner of his eyes. "I'm sorry hyung, I should have been more careful...we should have never gone in there. You...almost...I'm sorry." He bowed deeply, and Jimin sighed. He tried sitting up again, and when Jungkook hurried to stop him, he batted the maknae away. He pushed himself, wincing as the movement caused a blinding bolt of pain in his leg. He leaned against the tree, the effort making him slightly dizzy. When it passed, he swallowed and opened his eyes again. 

"Don't apologize, it's my fault," Jimin replied. "It was a risk, and yet I went in there as well. So, don't beat yourself up over it." 

Jungkook nodded, but Jimin knew the youngest was still going to carry the guilt with him, no matte what anyone said. Hoseok continued, to distract Jungkook from his own thoughts, to fill Jimin, or both. "Yoongi hyung, he had to...stop the bleeding. He cauterized it." 

Jimin glanced down at his leg. It was bandaged, though spots of red dotted the bandage. It was swollen and he could see along the edges of the bandage, that the skin was an angry red. He swallowed, and tore his gaze away. He didn't want to think about what it looked like underneath. Instead, he looked around camp. "Where are the others?" 

Again, Hoseok and Jungkook exchanged a quick look, this time one filled with fear. Jimin raised his eyebrows. "What is it?" 

Hosoke spoke again. "It's....Yoongi saw something last night. A person. We're not alone on this island." 

"Not alone?" Jimin straightened, wincing as the pain washed over him again. "You mean, there might be help? We're saved?" 

Jungkook shook his head. "We don't know yet. Taehyung saw someone just before we got trapped...but we don't know if they mean us harm or not." 

"They might want to eat us," Hoseok muttered. Jimin started, and Jungkook smacked their hyung irritably. 

"Don't scare him," Jungkook snapped. "It's okay, Jimin, we'll get this sorted out. There's no need for you to worry, just rest. I'm here to protect you...and Hoseok hyung I guess." 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, and Jimin smiled. He leaned his head back against the tree and closed his eyes. The pain came in waves, crashing in then ebating, but never truly leaving. He felt ill. He felt the cool cloth on his forehead again, but it did little to help. He opened his eyes again. "Is there anything for the pain?" 

Jungkook bit his lip. "We have to be careful with how we use it.... Between you and Jin hyung, there's not a lot...." 

Jimin nodded, hiding his disappointment, and his pain. He didn't want Jin to go without supplies either. Jin hadn't really complained about his own injury, but Jimin knew it had to hurt.

"Why don't you get some more sleep," Hoseok suggested, gently, "that could help."  

Jimin didn't have the energy to argue. Slowly, Jungkook eased back down onto the makeshift bed, and adjusted the sweater over Jimin's torso. Instantly, sleep wrapped its fingers around Jimin, and he felt himself drifting off. He heard Hoseok and Jungkook speaking to each other, but it was distant. Soon, Jimin fell into sleep's grip and he drifted off into the darkness.

****

A/N: haha oh man I struggled with the last sentence xD anyway, sorry for taking so long to update this story, and enjoy!! ^^