Jimin

Stranded

Jimin tried not to look at the plane. It was hard, considering it was a giant bonfire in the middle of a beach. Even from where they stood, he felt the intense heat. He shuddered, his stomach churning as he imagined the pilot's charred body, only a few feet away from where he woke up. The image haunted him. He felt like his body was moving on its own accord, his head in a fog. Jimin didn't want to say anything to the others about it. They had enough to be freaked out about. 

He swallowed, and focussed on Hoseok's back as a distraction. His hyung hadn't said much since they crashed, his cheery, silly attitude replaced by stoniness. Now he picked his way through the debris in the less destroyed portion of the plane, without saying anything to Jimin. His face was pale, he moved uncertainly, and he was undoubtedly terrified. They all were. It still hadn't really sunk in that they had just survived a plane crash and were now stranded somewhere in the ocean. 

"You alright?" Jimin asked, after another few moments of silence. Hoseok examined a charred metal box. Jimin was beginning to think Hoseok hadn't heard him, or was ignoring him, when the older boy huffed and chucked the box angrily. It bounced off a chunk of plane, with a ping. Jimin jumped. "I take that as a no." 

Hoseok sighed. "Mianhae." Sorry.

Shrugging, Jimin came up to his hyung and nudged him. "We're alive, that's all that matters. Well, we're a bunch of pop stars stuck on an island, for who knows how long, we have no survival skills, and the pilots are dead, but hey, we're still alive. I think that's gotta count for something."

Hoseok smirked. "Okay, Mr. Cheeseball." He glanced around and then pointed excitedly. "There!" 

There was a small red box half buried in the sand. They hurried over to it excitedly. Hoseok pulled it out, and though it was dented, and a lot of the contents had scattered, it was a first aid kit. Jimin frowned. There wasn't enough to treat all their wounds, minor and not. Some bandages, alcohol, a tube of ointment, a sewing kit, scissors. They scoured the area for any stray items, managing to salvage some painkillers, and some more bandages. Jimin uncovered the emergency medical kit, but it was completely empty. He grabbed it anyway, figuring they could use it for something.

They sat staring at the contents, their elation dying quickly. Jimin ran a hand through his hair. "At least there's the ointment." 

"Not much of it." Hoseok stood and packed all the items back into the kit. "But it's better than nothing. Let's get it back to the others."

They trudged back through the sand to where they left Taehyung and Jin. Jin lay on Taehyung's lap, sleeping. His arm rested precariously on his chest. It was blistered, red, and swollen. Taehyung perked up when he saw the boys coming back, and Jimin flashed him an encouraging smile. Hoseok dangled the first aid kit in the air. "We found it. Not in the best condition, and there's not enough supplies, but it'll help."

Taehyung nudged Jin, who woke instantly, wincing as the movement hurt. "We should get that cleaned up." 

Jin glanced at the pitiful first aid kit, and it was like he knew there wasn't enough supplies. "You guys go first. I'll be fine."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Heroism isn't going to win this time hyung. None of us are as bad off as you are." 

"Let us take care of you for once," Hoseok added. He propped open the first aid kit. "Thankfully we don't need to stitch anything up, because I at sewing." He smiled goofily at Jin who groaned. "Jimin, mind grabbing some water to clean it?" 

Jimin nodded, grabbed the empty emergency kit and hurried down to the shore line. 

"I don't trust you guys," Jin admitted, shaking his head. He eyed Hoseok nervously, who studied the instructions on the ointment. 

Jimin returned a moment later, carrying a full kit of water. Jin bit his lip, hugging his arm close to his body. He shook his head as Hoseok leaned forward. 

"Stop being a baby," Taehyung tsked. Jin shot him a glare. "What? It's only going to hurt for a second. You'll be fine."

"It already hurts," Jin snapped. 

"Tell us a joke, hyung," Jimin suggested.

Jin contemplated it for a moment. Hoseok raised his eyebrows, expectantly. But Jin never could resist the urge to share one of his dad jokes, no matter the situation. So it was no surprise when the eldest relented. 

"Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock-knock joke?" He paused for added affect, a grin budding on his lips. "He won the no-bell prize." 

While he laughed, Hoseok grabbed his arm and poured the salt water over the wound. The laugh dissolved into a pained hiss, and Jin gripped Taehyung's hand tightly. Hoseok grabbed a bandage and used it as a cloth to dab away any dirt or sand. Jin tried to pull away, but Jimin grabbed his arm and held it firm. When he was done, Hoseok grabbed the ointment and glanced up at Jin. Jin was pale, but he nodded. 

"It says it's supposed to soothe the burn, so it shouldn't hurt," Hoseok assured him.

He dabbed the ointment onto Jin's arm quickly, then grabbed a clean bandage. He wrapped it up quickly, tied it and then sat back. Jin breathed deeply, then sighed. "It does feel better."

"Good. We got to put the ointment on every couple hours, and change the bandage." 

Jimin whistled. "Look at Doctor J-Hope over here!" 

Hoseok rounded on Jimin with a devious smirk. "Well then, I'll see my next patient." 

Jimin shook his head. "Nah, I'm good. See, not a scratch on me." 

Taehyung poked Jimin's cheek. "There's one there. Oh, and one right here." Jimin batted away Taehyung's hand and glared at him. 

"Wait for Jungkook. He had a pretty nasty cut on his head," Jimin said hastily. "You can practice your doctor skills on him." 

Hoseok nodded in agreement. "I wholeheartedly agree." 

Jin rolled his eyes. Jimin smiled. He was glad to see everyone was lightening up, even if it was temporary. 

****

A/N: Alright, here you go! Enjoy ^^