Yoongi

Stranded

Yoongi sat on one side of Jimin, while Jungkook took the other side. Jimin slept, fitfully at first, but had settled as sleep dragged him deeper down. Jungkook refused to leave Jimin's side the whole time, even though he was clearly in shock by the whole ordeal as well. They all tried to get him to eat, to sleep, to do something, but Jungkook remained stubbornly by Jimin. So Yoongi decided to keep him company, hoping to get him to eat something eventually. He knew there was no point in trying to force the maknae to do something he didn't want to. Besides, Yoongi still felt sick, after doing what he did. He himself, could barely keep food down, the smell, the screams, the pain on Jimin's face etched permanently into his mind. No, he'd rather sit in silence, then have to pretend that everything was okay. 

"Are you alright hyung?" Jungkook asked silently. 

Yoongi blinked. He had been dousing the makeshift cloth in water, and must have zoned out, because he hadn't moved. Hastily, he wrung out the cloth and nodded. Jungkook eyed him, debating on whether there was any point in arguing. They were both stuck in the same position, whether they wanted to admit it or not, aside for different reasons. Jungkook felt guilty, and Yoongi felt...horrified. 

"Why don't you get some food for us both," Yoongi suggested, changing the topic easily. "Since we're not going anywhere. I'll keep an eye on him, I promise." 

Jungkook his lips, uncertainty flicking across his features. He glanced back at the camp, where the others huddled close together. Then he slowly rose to his feet, a little torn about his decision. Yoongi threw him an encouraged look. "He'll be okay. If he wakes up, I'll let you know." 

With a stiff nod, Jungkook made his way to the others, and Yoongi felt slightly better. At least Jungkook had listened. It was a step forward. Once Jungkook was out of earshot, Yoongi sighed and slumped against the tree. They had decided to put Jimin under the shade of a tree, just at the edge of camp. It was quieter, and shaded. They managed to straighten out the seat into a kind of bed, which he now lay on, a sweater over his torso as a makeshift blanket. Jimin might have been sleeping better, but he still shivered, and winced every time he moved his leg. Yoongi was worried about infection, especially since they were already so low on first aid supplies, and Jin needed treatment as well. 

"Just hang in there, okay, Jiminnie," Yoongi muttered, pressing his hand against his donsaeng's forehead. "Help will come for us." 

Just when that was, he couldn't say. And the injuries and depleting first aid supplies wasn't their only issue. Yoongi knew they were going to address the other problem, soon, before they were in more danger. And with Jimin so vulnerable.... Yoongi closed his eyes. This was the last time he was every going on a plane. 

Someone approached, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Jungkook staring down at him, with a couple of bananas. Right. They had found bananas. It seemed like an eternity since they were standing at the base of the banana tree, when it had only been a few hours. Time moved strangely when there was no reason to follow it. 

Yoongi took the banana as Jungkook resumed his post beside Jimin. With another sigh, Yoongi bit into the banana. "You really should get some sleep. We don't need you passing out."

"I'm good," Jungkook shrugged. He polished off the first banana quickly, then took his time peeling the next one. "I should have listened to Taehyung...then Jimin wouldn't be lying there, or...it should have been me." 

"Don't say that," Yoongi snapped. "You couldn't have known that was going to happen. Be thankful it wasn't both of you." 

Jungkook shrugged. "He only went in the plane because I was going. He didn't want me to go alone. And now..." Jungkook wiped his cheeks, and Yoongi realized he was crying. "And it's all my fault." 

Yoongi's expression softened and he shifted so he sat next to Jungkook. He draped an arm over his donsaeng's shoulders. "It's not your fault, okay? Guilt isn't going to get you anywhere. All we can do now is take care of Jimin, and ensure he heals up quickly." He took in a deep breath. "Besides, we need to focus on something else. There's a bigger problem, and if you want to make it up to Jimin, I'm going to need your help." 

Jungkook raised his head, confusion and concern swirling in his gaze. Yoongi glanced over at the others, and stood. "I think it's time I tell everyone what I saw." 

****

A/N: Another chapter is ready!! Sorry for the delay, and that it's not that long, but enjoy!! ^^