Jin

Stranded

There was an intense heat nearby. Hot enough that his skin prickled painfully. It was the first thing Jin noticed as he woke up. Slowly, at first, but then he realized he was moving. Not on his own accord. More like he was being dragged. Slowly, he opened his eyes, and found he was staring up at blue sky. Only, the blue sky looked weird. It was tinged black. The air felt heavy, and when he inhaled, he coughed, couldn't stop coughing. Someone held his wrists, and he squirmed, fear filling his heart. 

"Jin Hyung, stop struggling!" 

He was dropped, and he groaned, his back aching. Slowly, he propped himself up, wincing as the effort distantly hurt, and after the spinning world settled, he took in the scene before. His face paled. Jungkook, and Yoongi plopped down beside him, worry etched on their faces. Jungkook spoke softly. "Are you alright? Had to move you away from that...." 

That was a large fire, smoke blocking out the sun. The large fire was the plane. The plane they had just been on. Jin felt sick. He lay on a sandy beach, debris littered around them. Jungkook's face was stained with ash, sweat, and blood? Instantly, Jin sat up and grabbed Jungkook's chin. 

"What about you? You're bleeding." 

Jungkook pulled away and shrugged. "I'll be okay." He pointed to Jin's arm. "You look a little worse than I do." 

Jin looked down, and it only dawned on him that his arm throbbed heatedly. His skin was red and blistering. He must have been close to the fire then, which explained why Jungkook was dragging him away. "Where are the others?"

"Here." 

Jin turned and saw Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jimin, sitting in the shade of the trees. Other than looking ruffled, dirty, and terrified, they were alright, save for a few minor injuries. Jin glanced towards Taehyung, relieved. Then he leaned back, ignoring the shooting pain it caused in his arm. He felt so tired. Now that he was far enough away from the fire, his lungs filled easier but his chest still hurt. He remembered the pilot turning on the seat signal, there was a large bout of turbulence, but then everything was a blank. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

Yoongi was the one who answered. "The storm. It hit the plane, and we went down. We're lucky to be alive. The pilots, they weren't so lucky." 

Jungkook helped Jin to the treeline, and set him in the shade. Taehyung knelt beside Jin. He checked his hyung's arm quietly, biting his lip. Jin rolled his eyes. "I'm fine. It's just a burn." 

"We'll go find the first aid kit," Hoseok volunteered, nudging Jimin. "They had to have one on the plane...right?" 

Yoongi shot Hoseok a "duh" look. He glanced at Namjoon. "I guess we'll go find some stuff to salvage. Doubt the plane is going to have much left in it." He grabbed Jungkook's arm, and dragged him upright. Namjoon nodded, and the leader stood, dusting off his shorts. When they were far enough away, Jin turned to Taehyung. Taehyung's hair stuck up, and he had a bit of ash on the tip of his nose. His expressive eyes showed everything he was feeling. Jin leaned over and rested his head in Taehyung's lap, careful not to irritate his arm. Taehyung smoothed Jin's hair back from his forehead affectionately. The pain was becoming unbearable now, but he didn't want to show it. He had to be strong for his dongsaengs. He swallowed back the nausea that rolled in his stomach. 

"What are we going to do now?" Taehyung asked quietly. 

Jin closed his eyes. "Survive?"

"Do we even know how to do that?" 

Smiling, Jin opened his eyes and stared up at Taehyung. He tried to remember what he learned the one time he was on the reality TV show, Law of the Jungle. It had only been three days, though, and there had been a camera crew. "Can't be too hard right? We probably won't be here for long anyway. They'll be sending someone out to find us, and by tomorrow we'll be on another plane home. All planes have trackers." 

"Your arm really doesn't look good," Taehyung sighed. "Hopefully they find that first aid kit." 

"Just let me rest here for a moment," Jin whispered. He closed his eyes again, and briefly he could imagine that he was back home in bed, Taehyung next to him. They would be found, he had to keep thinking that way. For now, though, he let the darkness wash over him, finding relief from the pain.

****

A/N: Off to a great start! Enjoy, I hope you stay tuned, comment, subscribe, etc! ^^