Namjoon

Stranded

After they ate, they huddled close to each other, watching the plane burn. The sun hung low in the sky, and the temperature was cooling. The fire had diminished significantly, and it was then that Jimin had the brilliant idea of taking some of it, and making one of their own. It was going to be a cold night, and having a fire and light was a comforting notion. Jin looked like he was ready to volunteer, but he was still pale, his face etched in pain, so Namjoon hurriedly beat him to it. Hoseok volunteered as well. Jin pouted, but leaned back against the tree.

Taehyung and Jungkook wandered off to fetch some fire wood, as Namjoon dusted off the sand from his pants, and led Hoseok away from the group. Namjoon scooped up a branch, hoping to use it as a torch. Though the area had been alive with small critters scurrying about and chittering during the day, it was now quiet. And the bugs were out. Namjoon smacked his neck as he felt a pinprick from a mosquito. Hoseok smacked his leg and grunted. 

"Just to add to everything, there's mosquitoes," he grumbled. "I hate mosquitoes." 

Namjoon agreed. Thankfully, the closer they got to the fire, the less mosquitoes there were. The haul of the plane had been charred black, patches of it burned off altogether. Most of the seats had all been reduced to metal skeletons, though there were some that were still intact. Namjoon considered one for a moment. It had been loosened from the crash, and now lay on its side. 

"Think we could carry that back for Jin hyung?" he asked. "It would make him more comfortable." 

"Carrying a torch, and a seat won't go over well. You'd probably light the seat on fire," Hoseok pointed out. 

Namjoon rolled his eyes. The others loved poking fun at his clumsiness. Mostly he would just shrug it off, because it was true. "Fine, we'll come back for it." He handed the branch over to Hoseok, who prodded a section of the flame that was still blazing, and pulled it out when it caught. Holding the torch at arm's length, they hurried back to the others. Jungkook and Taehyung had come back with bundles of twigs, and now they, along with Jimin, were trying to set up a fire pit. They bickered about how they were supposed to set it up. Jin watched them quietly, though he smirked at their attempts. 

"Jin hyung, how is it supposed to really go?" Jungkook demanded. 

"Just build a little tent for it," Jin explained. He was really the only with any outdoor survival skills, but even then he hadn't been very good at it during his time on a reality TV show. And at the moment, even though his skills weren't any better than the rest of BTS's, they turned to him for advice. 

"Here." Hoseok crouched down, and pushed the torch into the fire pit. It caught instantly, much to their relief.

The youngest members all beamed proudly at each other for making such a successful pit. Taehyung helped Jin closer to the fire, to avoid getting bit. The sun had disappeared by now, and they all huddled around the fire. An uneasy silence fell over the group, as they all stared into the warm glow. Now that they had nothing to do, it was like the reality hit them. They had just been in a plane crash. They had survived, only to find out that they were now stuck on an island, who knows where, with little hope of being found. There would be searches, but the ocean was a big place, so it could take a long time. They needed food, shelter, clean water. Their medical supplies was already low, so if someone else was badly injured they might not be able to treat them. Not to mention, they had no idea what kind of animals lived on the island. Namjoon ran a hand through his hair, fear hitting him hard. He was the leader, and they needed him to lead more than ever. But how was he going to lead if even he didn't know where to start? 

"What are we going to do now?" Jungkook asked, quietly. 

They all exchanged looks, uncertainly. Hoseok was the one who spoke up. 

"We'll be okay," he said, nudging Jungkook. "We just take it one step at a time." 

Namjoon smiled. Leave it to Hoseok to stay positive at a time like this. His positivity gave Namjoon motivation. "He's right. We'll be fine. Tomorrow we'll explore the island, see if there's any food, or if we can find water." 

"We should probably set up a shelter to," Jin added, "in case it rains." 

"And find a way to keep the fire burning," Jimin said. 

"We should salvage what we can when the fire burns out of the plane," Suga suggested.

Namjoon grinned. The ideas were spinning now. As long as they kept busy, it would help keep their minds occupied. They wouldn't think about the fact that they might never be found, or that they were facing difficult challenges. He was thinking it, and he knew everyone else was too, but at least keeping busy helped. And if they kept busy, it helped fuel their hope of being saved. 

****

A/N: Apologies for the disappearance, but here is the next chapter!! Enjoy ^^