Stomachache

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Jisung

 

Today, Jisung wasn't feeling so well. We all felt it, ever since he woke up this morning, it was clear to everyone that he was going through a sick day so we didn't push him too much. I personally asked him to sit down during practice and just watch for today but he's been too stubborn and in the end, everything went sideways when he suddenly rushed outside the room, pushing the doors open and almost running his way to the washroom.

I quickly followed him and found him on his knees heaving in front of the toilet bowl. 

I kneeled next to him gently rubbing his back, everything was a mess. When he was done, he could barely stand up, he was shaking so badly and all what he could say was "I'm sorry" 

"You don't have to be sorry" I felt so bad for him, I helped him wash his face and we slowly walked out of the bathroom stalls "Why don't you sit out today? You're clearly sick"

"My stomach hurts" he muttered and that's when I noticed, he was holding the fabric around his stomach ever since he came out "Is it the stomach flu?" I asked looking at his already pale face, I touched his cheeks and he was for sure developing a fever.

I sighed as we continued walking back to the training room, at this point, Jisung just wanted to curl up and sleep. He was slightly shivering and obviously in pain. We helped him lay down on our waiting room couch, outside the practice area and near the stuodios. When Doyoung asked him if he was in pain all what he kept repeating was "My stomach hurts" 

Soon, our managers came to check on him, they asked him to rest for a while but it's been already 40 minutes and he's just too exhausted. He can't sit up saying he was feeling dizzy and his fever has for sure gone up so we decided to quickly rush him to the hospital.

We couldn't go along with him of course but we were relieved to get the call saying that he was just having an upset stomach and that he's doing better now.

When we went home that evening, we found him sleeping. I ran my hand through his hair and sighed. At least his fever went down.

Looking at him in such condition just makes me feel like I'm letting him down, he's still too young, we should be taking care of him ... I should be taking care of him

I'm not failing him, am I?