Breathe

Stay Strong NCT

 

Taeyeon X Yanyang

 

I could never get enough of Yangyang's lovely self. He's just so adorable and the kind of person that warms my heart without even trying but when I saw him out of breath that day, I swore to never take his words lightly ever again

We were having fun at the beach and he told me "Hyung, this is too deep for me I can't go any further" I laughed "Come on, you'll be fine"

Why I didn't take his words seriously? What kind of a brother am I? What kind of a leader am I?

All I remember is out of nowhere he started gagging underwater, we were already too deep inside and I barely could catch a glimpse of him. I don't know what happened exactly but he panicked and lost control over his body and I ... froze like an idiot. I tried to reach out to him and grab him but he was slipping away every time I get closer. I was so lucky that Jaehyun was there, he rushed to help get Yanyang to safety.

The moment we reached the shore, Yanyang was out of breaths.

He was exhausted.

All I managed to do was to hold him close and say "I'm sorry" 

I felt like an idiot,

What kind of leader am I? putting my members in danger, he could have drowned, something really bad could have happened. 

We could have lost him.

What was I doing?

...

I spent the next few nights awake, thinking of a million ways that day could have ended in a disaster. They trust me to guide them but can I pull this through?

I wondered as I watched Yangyang peacefully sleeping, I was just checking on him every night since the incident, just to make sure he was breathing.