That One Time

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Johnny

 

That one day Johnny and I shared a hotel room.

We were preparing for a concert coming up in a couple of days and we were just so busy practicing, promoting, and everything else in between. It was a restless couple of days and that day was no exception. 

Being the leader of this group, I was so proud of all of us. I just love what I do and I love them, but sometimes, it's just too much on my already messed up brain and that day, I hoped that I could talk to someone about it. 

Coming back to the hotel after a long practice and preparation, I was the last to hit the shower. So when Jhonny came out with a towel around his head and eyes already closed looking like a panda, I smiled to myself for the way he looked and took my turn.

I was there for only 10 minutes or so and when I came out, Jhonny was laying down on his hotel bed, fidgeting on the screen of his phone. I casually walked by to my bed right across from him 

"Jhonny?" I called out for him

"Hum?" 

"I hope these couple of days are not weighing on you because they are weighing on me" I confessed 

"I'm fine," he said putting down his phone on the bedside table "Why is it weighing on you?" he sounded already too sleepy 

"I don't know" I replied "Everything is just overwhelming I guess"

"You are doing just fine, don't let it stress you" he suddenly yawned rubbing his sleepy eyes "We have gone through worse"

He was right, we have gone through worse experiences and we are doing okay but is it just me, or I'm feeling like a tree is sitting on my chest 

"I know, it's just me, I feel like everything is messed up, I feel like I need to do more, my head is going places I don't want to go" I trailed off just saying everything then I look at him "Jhonny?" I called his name "Are you sleeping?"

He fell asleep

I sighed 

I realized I'm the leader, maybe that's how things are supposed to be, I'm not the only one who is tired, I'm not the only one who's feeling this way, everyone is probably exhausted too. Everyone is feeling like they need to do more ... right? 

There is no point in making them feel worse, I can do this!