Argument

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Jaemin

 

Jaemin just stormed off, he walked out slamming the door behind himself so violently.

I’ve never seen him this angry before and I’ve never seen the two fight like this before, it was definitely a first

 

It all started when Jaemin and Jeno quietly argued over something a few days ago, all we could hear was “I’m fine” and “Why can’t you just tell me?” and Jaemin’s last words were “Leave me alone”

 

These two have always shared everything, and they know each other more than anyone else around them so we figured that whatever they argued about was solved right there and then but everybody could see it. Jeno is confused and Jaemin is basically avoiding him. It’s crazy, I have never seen them behave this way.

 

Jaemin just stormed out during practice today, Jeno was trying to talk to him about the matter Jaemin was trying to avoid and he just stormed at him “WHY DO YOU CARE ANYWAYS?” … “JUST LEAVE ME ALONE”

 

Jeno just looked devastated, he heaved a heavy sigh watching his best friend reject him the way he did and then walk out on him. Everyone else was dumbstruck

 

“Jeno? What’s going on?” I asked rather worried and Jeno was even more worried than I was, his voice almost cracked when he told me “I wish I knew too”

 

Something was going on with Jaemin that even Jeno didnt know about and it made my heart skip a beat, I have already messed up with Yangyang, I can’t let this happen to another member. I can’t mess up again. So a few minutes later, I went out looking for Jaemin.

 

Luckily he didn’t go far away, he was just outside getting some fresh air, he looked sad and devastated like he didn’t mean to hurt his best friend

“Hey buddy” I approached him slowly, he looked up at me and the moment he realized it was me who was there, he busted into tears. I was totally confused and I didn’t know what to do so I held him close “Hey, what’s going on?”

 

“I’m sorry” he apologized “I didn’t mean to-“ but he got shocked up in his tears, he was trembling for a few minutes before he whipped his tears away and tried to explain 

"I'm sick" he stated out of nowhere and I could feel my heart dropping into my stomach "W-w-hat? how sick? Why? What happened?" 

"For about two weeks now, I something wasnt sitting right with me, my throat hurt all the time and ... the doctor said I have Vocal Nodules, Jeno got a glimpse of one of my reports but I ... I can't tell him"

I stared at him for some time, as a singer, this is one of the worst things that could ever happen to you especially when you're about to have a comeback. I can understand his pain and agony but I couldn't understand "Why can't you tell him? He's just worried about you" 

"I know, and because he worries so much, I don't want to burden him, I will be fine, I know I will be fine but I don't want to drag him into this"

I sighed as I once again held him close

Sometimes I just can't understand 

These feelings that we have to hide from one another or the things we have to bear on our own.

I just don't understand

 


PS: Vocal nodules are growths that form on the vocal folds. They are benign, or not cancerous. When you use your voice the wrong way, your vocal folds may swell. Over time, the swollen spots can get harder, like a callous. These nodules can get larger and stiffer if your vocal abuse continues.