Just a Baby

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Mark

 

When I was about to hit bed last night, a shy knock on my door had me up again.

I turned around "Come in" I yelled, I was curious as to whom it was and the door was pushed open and Mark peeked his head inside my room.

When he noticed that the lights were off and I was already in sleeping mode "Oh sorry I thought you were still up" he gasped "It's okay go back to sleep" he said and was about to close the door back again and leave but I stopped him "No" ... "It's okay, I'm not sleeping yet, come in what's wrong?" I asked

Mark nervously looked around before he decided to come inside my room, closing the door behind himself. I sat up on the bed and he came to my side

"Sorry I was just ..." he trailed then he stopped 

"What is it?" 

At this point, I was a bit concerned, has something happened? Did we miss something? Those mini heart attacks you get when you think you did something wrong? That's how I felt 

"I can't sleep" he confessed and I stared at him confused 

"W-what?"

"It's been two days, I'm having this headache and I can't sleep"

Just like that, he said what he wanted to say, he was somehow shy, he didn't even look at me in the eyes and I sighed "Did you try to take some pain killers?"

"Yeah," he said now fidgeting with the fabric of my blanket "But ..." 

"But what?"

"I don't want to sleep alone"  ... "Nightmares" 

The last word came out as a whisper, if he wasn't sitting so close to me, I would have never heard him say it. He was so burdened to ask, I guess but he looked so cute "You want to sleep here?" I asked amused by his shy pouting face and he nodded "Humm well let's see about that" 

There were times, as a leader, I loved to take care of these little babies. They are just so unexpected sometimes and too cute, you can't say no to them, and to be honest, it's fun to mess around with them. They make me go up and down in all directions, we fight, we get angry, we argue, but we love and care about each other.

I laughed as I made some space for the little baby, Mark didn't hesitate to immediately lay by my side "No kicking okay?" I warned and he nodded. I couldn't help but to ruffled his hair "Wake me up if your headache is not going away" I asked him "Or if you're having a bad dream"

He might be so young, but his dreams and work are way bigger than him. Sometimes I wonder, will I be able to pull this through if I was at his age? I can't blame him for having a headache or for wanting someone to sleep next to. He's probably homesick, he probably never had to deal with a headache before on his own, he probably misses being normal, misses being a child.

I sighed as I thought of the many things that might be going through inside this baby's head right now causing him all this pain and sleepless nights.