Dripping water

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Jeno

 

It was a cold night, it was raining since the afternoon and it doesn't seem like it will stop any time soon. I was in the studio working on some songs and I didn't pay attention to my phone that kept vibrating near me. 

By the time I check my phone, there were already 8 missed calls from Jaemin and 4 from Jisung. I stared at my screen for a while and I got super worried.

I hurried to call Jaemin back

"Hey, buddy sorry my phone was on vibr-" 

"IS JENO THERE?" He asked so urgently as if my excuse didn't matter 

"Jeno?" I was totally alone "No, why?"

"He said he'll join you in the studio but we couldn't contact him and in case you didn't check half of the town is closed there's a flood"

"W-what?" I had nothing to say "b-but he didn't say anything about coming here" I sighed 

We talked for some time after that, we agreed to keep the managers updated and wait for now. If we don't hear anything from him in the next 30 minutes we will go on the search for him. 

I hang up and I could feel the bitterness in my heart something inside of me was very anxious all I wanted for him is to be okay. Jaemin sounded so worried too and Jisung is there too so it felt like Jaemin was left to take care of a confused child too.

20 minutes have already passed, I was holding my phone in my hands and praying to when the doors will push open and he'll appear with his goofy eye smile and be okay. 

Another 5 minutes and finally my wish came true.

A faint knock made me ran all the way to open the door only to find Jeno standing there all wet covered in rain from head to toe. I released a relieved sigh and brought him close to me "Thank God" I whispered 

"I'm sorry ... my phone it's wrenched in water, I think it's damag-" 

"I'm just glad you're okay," I said, I didn't care about what happened to his phone just like Jaemin didn't care where I was the whole time before I called him back

"Come in" I dragged him inside the studio and borrowed him my hoodie that was lying around the studio. I picked up my phone "I think there's someone you need to speak to now"

Jeno spent the next 15 minutes saying sorry to a very worried and angry Jaemin. Although I was very worried and very happy he came back safely, I couldn't stop Jaemin and Jeno from ... you know ... being Jaemin and Jeno, their friendship is more than anyone has expected it to be and their bickering is just amusing.