Nightmares

Stay Strong NCT

Taeyong X Doyoung

 

"This night owl" I sighed, Jaemin was trying to rest from his vocal cords treatment today and Doyoung is making noises like there's no tomorrow in the living room. I left the room throwing Jeno a reassuring smile that everything will be okay and headed outside. 

Doyoung was giggling too loud with Jisung, Haechan, and Mark about something I couldn't understand, I looked around to check the time only to find it sometime after midnight "Guys don't you think it's about time to call it a night? Jaemin and Jeno are trying to rest too"

Everyone was already tired anyway so they didn't complain when I asked them to go get some rest but I knew Doyoung didn't agree when the others went inside their rooms and he didn't "I'm sorry buddy but ..." I sighed, he smiled back like nothing has happened "It's okay" ... "Is Jaehyun coming homing home tonight?" he asked out of the blue "No, he has a schedule, why?"

And then his tone changed "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

I found it a bit weird at first, Doyounge has never asked me for something like this before but "Sure" why would I mind?

It wasn't until around 3 am in the morning when I stirred under my blankets and somehow woke up by a dim light. It didn't bother me much but it only meant that someone was still awake and that someone was Doyoung.

"Doyoung go to sleep what are you doing?" I said from under my blanket and instead of a reply I heard him sigh "I - I" he stuttered then he sighed again "Okay I'll try" 

Something about his words made me feel uneasy, I peeked out from my bed to get a look at him, he was casually sitting on Jaehyun's bed not even ready to sleep.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked, he faced me and looked sad, he put his phone away 

"I get nightmares all the time, I can't sleep, I'm scared to go to sleep" 

Never have I ever heard this one before, he got me worried "W-what?" I questioned leaving my bed "Since when?" 

"It's been a few weeks now"

"Few weeks?" 

I sat next to him "Do you want to talk about it? When was the last time you had a good night's sleep?"

"I d-don't know" 

His eyes trying to avoid the look on my face, I scanned him with worried eyes before I offered him to sleep next to me tonight. I wouldn't say that he had actually slept for the night. He was going in and out, twisting and turning but at least I was there, now I know, now I'll help make it better.