Sick Changkyun

No words are needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Changkyun’s house was incredibly big and he couldn’t stop staring at it from the outside, forgetting about ringing the doorbell. After a few minutes, he was able to finally concentrate and touch the button to then wait for someone to answer. A feminine voice spoke through the answering machine and opened the gates once he said his name. Kihyun slowly walked in, watching every part of the huge front garden.

When he reached the front door, a woman opened it with a smile and guided him to Changkyun’s bedroom after giving him some slippers to wear. The house was amazing on the inside too and Kihyun got lost while walking through the hallways. The lady bowed at him and left him in front of the younger’s bedroom door. The illustrator softly knocked on it and, seconds later, a sick looking Changkyun appeared. The latter grinned at him, stepping aside to let him in. The dormitory had an entire library on the wall with a tiny wooden table beside it. The bed was king sized and everything was organized. Kihyun walked slowly, admiring every detail of the room while his companion closed the door. “Whoa, your room is amazing” the elder said, not able to take his eyes off that library. “How many books do you have?” he asked, turning around to look at Changkyun in case he wrote something on his cellphone.

The grayish haired chuckled, raising his shoulders as an answer. ‘I read them all but my father told me I should stop buying books’ he showed the device to Kihyun, making him nod. ‘He thinks I should focus on my job more’ he added and the illustrator shook his head, turning his attention back to the library.

“I don’t think that’s a good advice” Kihyun gave his opinion without noticing. He tried not to talk too much about the issue; he tried to keep his mouth shut every time Changkyun told him those things about his father. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that” he apologized, turning to look at the grayish haired once again. The latter was holding a tiny smile on his face and he stepped forward, pointing at his library while writing something.

‘You can borrow any book you want, I don’t mind’ he lifted his cellphone and Kihyun grinned brightly.

“For real?” he asked, trying to hide his excitement a little. He had to control himself not to jump onto that library and grab every book it had.

‘Yup, I have art books there’ he pointed at one corner - it wasn’t a small corner, it contained like a hundred art books - and handed one to Kihyun so he could take a look. ‘I don’t really know why I bought them... I’m just curious’ Changkyun showed his phone to the illustrator another time and then turned around to cough.

“Whoa, this is really expensive” Kihyun started watching the different images it contained. “I wanted to buy it when I was studying but I never could” he giggled. He was really concentrated, finding the book incredible and wondering which ones the younger had there. When he was about to grab another one, he felt Changkyun’s hand gently patting his shoulder.

‘You can have it” his companion wrote down and Kihyun’s jaw dropped to the floor. ‘I don’t really need it and I want you to have it’ he added, getting a little nervous at the lack of response. ‘And all the others too’ he kept on writing and the illustrator couldn’t stop himself anymore. He went forward and hugged Changkyun tightly, not knowing how to thank him. He was about to deny it but the younger truly wanted to give those books to him and he couldn’t reject them.

“Thank you” he said, squeezing the grayish haired harder. The latter seemed to be startled though he didn’t take long to hug back, surrounding his slim arms around Kihyun’s waist. “I don’t know what to say, I’m about to cry” the elder added the moment they parted and made Changkyun laugh.

‘It’s nothing’ the house owner showed him his cellphone once more. Kihyun thanked him a thousand times after that and Changkyun invited him to the tiny table. They sat facing each other and started placing their materials on the wooden surface. The illustrator liked the complete silence that surrounded the room. The glass door - which lead to the balcony - illuminated every single part of it and everything looked so good Kihyun felt like staying there forever.

Because of all those amazing things, he completely missed Changkyun’s state and forgot to ask how he felt. The younger’s nose was red, his eyes were teary and a little puffy, and his hair was messy. His trash can was full of tissues and he looked pale, as if he was about to faint any moment. “Hey, are you feeling okay?” he broke the silence when he finished unpacking. Changkyun just nodded, flashing him a cute smile to reassure his words. “If you want to just hang out you can tell me, I won’t get mad, Changkyunnie” Kihyun softly touched the younger’s forehead and it was boiling. “You look terrible” he lowered his hand to caress the grayish haired’s arm.

‘I’m okay but, if you want to, I can show you my board games’ he wrote, making Kihyun chuckle. ‘I don’t think my fever will let me concentrate on the drawing’ he added and the elder laughed.

“Okay, whatever you want, Changkyunnie” the illustrator smiled toothlessly, watching the younger walk around the room to search for different games and then place them on the table. Kihyun organized his stuff once again, packing it quickly to then pay attention to Changkyun. “You are such a nerd, Kyunnie-yah” the elder said, patting his companion’s back. The latter pouted but laughed when Kihyun kept on talking. “Me too” he told Changkyun and they picked a game together to then start playing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter