The cat

No words are needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun was really happy with his new ‘job’ as a teacher. He couldn’t stop smiling every time Changkyun went to his apartment to learn. The younger was getting really good at drawing after two months and he thought it would be great to make an exhibition together. Kihyun couldn’t remember the last time he made one and Doojoon kept on insisting because they could earn some money out of it. Maybe his coworkers would accept it too and it would make Changkyun happy - at least that was what he believed -.

The illustrator prepared everything, just like every other Saturday morning, and waited for his doorbell to ring. Kihyun took his cellphone and saw there was an old Kakao message from the night before. Changkyun went to sleep later than him and he apparently opened the text while he was sleeping. The elder cursed because he didn’t like leaving the grayish haired without answers but he relaxed when he saw what it was.

I.M

Look, I drew my cat today :) do you like it?  | 01:12AM

And it had an attachment. The picture was really cute, Changkyun was laying on his bed, holding the drawing for him to see. His eyes looked a little red and puffy due to the sleepy state he was on and he had a white hoodie on. Kihyun smiled and, when he was about to answer, he heard the doorbell. He rushed to press the button, opening the building’s main entrance for Changkyun.

The illustrator’s leg moved impatiently and, the moment he opened the door, he found the younger there. Kihyun got really worried when he saw tears running down Changkyun’s face and his eyes then fell to the mute one’s arms. He was holding a cute little cat and the elder wondered what happened to him. “Changkyunnie! What happened?” he panicked and let his companion in, helping him take off that heavy backpack he always carried with him. Kihyun then let him sit and kneeled in front of him, caressing the cat’s fur softly. “Are you okay? Would you like some water?” he asked and the grayish haired shook his head, drying his tears with one of his hands. He then took his cellphone out and wrote something.

‘I’m sorry, I didn’t want to bring him here’ Kihyun nodded after reading that, waiting for his explanation. ‘My dad got mad at him because he broke one of his stupid glass figures and he wanted to kick him out’ Changkyun looked really sad about that and he didn’t want to let go of the animal. The little cat mewled and Kihyun smiled fondly, trying not to squish it. The younger started writing on his cellphone again so the illustrator waited for him. ‘I told him I would leave if he kicked him out and he told me to do it’ he explained and Kihyun thought Changkyun was like a teenager fighting with his father like that. He didn’t think it was something bad, he just looked a lot younger when he told him those stories. ‘I didn’t think about my answer well and then I remembered I didn’t study anything after school and I only have experience in being the vice-president of a company and I don’t have my own money... the list in my mind goes on so I apologized and told him I would take Ki somewhere else but I don’t know what to do’ Kihyun read it silently and then started wondering if Changkyun named the cat ‘Ki’ because of him. Those thoughts were thrown away the moment his companion started crying again.

“Hey, it’s okay” Kihyun gently dried his tears with his thumbs. “I can help you with Ki” he saw a sparkle in Changkyun’s eyes when he said that. “He will be alone a lot of time but I can keep him while we search for a new owner for him” the younger suddenly let go of the cat, leaving it softly on the floor to hug Kihyun. The latter took a few seconds to react and hug back. His heart was racing and he couldn’t help noticing he truly liked the younger.

‘Thank you, hyung’ he wrote down once they parted, making Kihyun come back to reality and stop thinking. ‘I hate living with my parents’ he added and the illustrator caressed his back in a comforting manner.

“Well, maybe you can start studying something behind your father’s back” he suggested, even if he didn’t want to intrude. Changkyun seemed to be needing some advice and Kihyun was willing to help him. “It’s never too late” he added and the grayish haired nodded.

‘I’ll see what I can do’ the younger showed him his phone once again. ‘I’m sorry again, I feel so embarrassed right now’ he covered his face and Kihyun assured him everything was fine. The cute cat was now investigating his apartment and he smiled at the sight.

“Should I give Ki something to eat?” Changkyun raised his index finger to motion him to wait and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter