Strange morning

No words are needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kihyun made sure to get ready to scold Changkyun and give his money back though when the younger arrived, he saw his tired face and decided to drop it. He didn’t know the reason but his heart clenched at the sight and he started wondering if he was okay. Changkyun had dark bags under his eyes and his hair looked messy, unlike the other times they saw each other. “Changkyun, are you okay?” Kihyun softly asked and the grayish haired’s lips stretched into a smile. He then nodded and showed the elder something he made on the way. Changkyun rode the bus to get there and he liked practicing while sitting there. Since it was early, not much people were inside the bus and the younger took the opportunity to sit and draw. “Whoa, you made a lot of progress with the basic techniques” Kihyun grinned, taking the drawing to see it better. “This is really good, Changkyun-ah” he handed it back. “We’ll start with something else today” he rubbed his palms together and saw his companion chuckling.

They both walked into the apartment and Kihyun closed the door before offering Changkyun something to drink. The latter nodded to accept the beverage and sat on the same chair he used the day before. He seemed to be falling asleep so the raven haired hurried, making coffee faster. He placed the cup in front of his guest and sat down by his side, drinking from his own cup. Kihyun watched Changkyun while they had breakfast, trying not to ask questions. He was really curious though the mute one made it very clear he didn’t want to talk about whatever made him look that tired.

“Changkyun-ah” he called the younger’s name, thinking they should start before he fell asleep on the table. Changkyun turned to stare at him, finally leaving the window, and silently apologized for spacing out like that. “It’s okay, do you want to start?” he asked and the grayish haired smiled. “We’ll try to start with the human body today” he explained and took out his needed materials. The younger opened his backpack and followed his orders, searching for the same things Kihyun placed on the wooden table. He didn’t have everything the illustrator asked for so the latter borrowed him his stuff sometimes. Kihyun usually didn’t borrow his artistic elements though with Changkyun it was different. The mute one took care of the objects as if they were treasures. “I’m teaching you the basics first and then I’ll bring my wooden model so you can try drawing different positions” the elder said, slowly showing Changkyun the proportions.

The grayish haired was really quiet - even if he never talked -, he didn’t write anything in his cellphone the whole time Kihyun explained. The only gesture he did was nod with a tiny smile and the illustrator tried not to think about that and just teach him properly. Changkyun learned fast and, the moment he brought his wooden model, he didn’t have any problems sketching positions. His slim hands took the wooden person from time to time and he moved his arms and legs to change its shape.

“That’s a little difficult” Kihyun softly spoke after an entire hour of watching Changkyun’s drawings to correct the mistakes. The grayish haired picked a foreshortened figure and he didn’t get to that yet but he was willing to let him try if he wanted to. “Will you do it anyway?” he asked and Changkyun stared for a few seconds, thinking if he should do it or not. He nodded when he was sure about it and flashed the illustrator a cute grin. “Good” Kihyun patted the younger’s arm gently. “I’ll explain something when you finish” he winked and made Changkyun laugh before he got completely immersed in that white paper full of tiny drawings of the human body.

Kihyun stood up and walked into the kitchen, opening the shelves to look for some candy he usually hid from his friends. It was his precious food but he was willing to share it with Changkyun if he liked sweet stuff too. He placed a bowl full of candy and chocolates in the middle of their artistic disaster and snapped his fingers to call his companion’s attention. The latter looked up from his drawing and got surprised at the sight that greeted him. Changkyun finally wrote something on his cellphone and showed it to Kihyun. ‘Can I eat?’ those three words were more than enough for the elder to know the younger was slowly relaxing and forgetting about whatever was making him lose sleep.

“Yes, you can eat as much as you want” Kihyun answered and they both smiled. “Are you done with that?” he said, watching the grayish haired as he ate candy.

‘Yes, I’m done’ Changkyun wrote with a pencil by his sketch’s side to then erase it and listen to Kihyun while he explained foreshortening.

“You did it well though there are some tiny mistakes” the elder took his companion’s notebook. “This line should be a little longer” he used his own pencil to correct it. “Do you see the slight difference?” he asked and Changkyun nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter