Chapter 6

Reminiscences

Everyone were super happy for the vacation.

Sungjong appeared gleeful as he is going back to Korea after a long while. He was sharing with Sungyeol how excited his parents are to see him again in person.

Sungyeol was beyond glad this time to meet his Grandma, because not only he is going to see her after a long time but because he had also done his exam very well…all thanks to L! 

Holidays after exams are always the best! But not everyone agreed upon this.

While the students were sharing their plans for their vacation, L was sitting alone. He seemed sad and down casted. Sungyeol has known L for long now to know if he is disheartened or the Silent Prince is just being his usual self.

 

 

Sungyeol approached his roommate and carefully asked the sulking boy, “So, what’s your plan for the semester break?”

“Nothing special. I guess I’ll be here only. May go to some hot spring or some places nearby to click the views.” L tried to hide his disappointment.

Like some lightning hit Sungyeol hard, he exclaimed so loudly making L’s inside churn up!

“Ah, I promised you a gift if you would tutor me, right! So, here is the gift.” Sungyeol went to his drawer, scratched something in the paper and handed it to L.

“Ticket to Kyoto?!” L was confused because the words were scribbled so roughly. “What is this?”

“Ah…I know this is not the real ticket, I’ll get the real one tomorrow morning but sign it here as an confirmation that you would join me to my Grandma’s home in Kyoto.”

“But…..”

“Think it as my biggest gift. You love taking pictures right, I’ll guide you to the most beautiful places. Kyoto, Arashiyama and Osaka have the greatest view and they are the famous tourist destinations as well.”

“I don’t want to Sungyeol.” L declined the offer immediately. He didn’t want to be a burden to anyone.

Sungggyu’s voice rang in his mind, “Let me be free for once, Myungsoo. I’m sick and tired of being with you. While you were small, I always had to look after you. I could not hang out with my friends frequently because you took most of my time.  Even till date, I have to come home timely to make lunch and dinner for you. I have to make sure that you are doing well in your studies. Since our parents are always busy in their work, I have become like a father figure. I never got a chance to enjoy my youth looking after you. So, please Myungsoo, I want this burden to be lifted from my shoulder, at least for some years. While you go to Japan, I was planning on catching up with some refreshment and excitement of my 20s. You clinging onto me have made me far from my friends, my freedom. But you are too stubborn and want to ruin my last bit of hope. Please Myungsoo, go away and let me live freely, without having to think of my brother for a while.”

L didn’t want to be burden to anyone. He didn’t want to become obstacle in Sungyeol’s happiness. He didn’t want to be taken care of. He is a big guy and he wanted to solely depend upon himself only. The feeling got so overwhelming that he ran out of the room.

When he returned to his room, Sungyeol was already asleep.

 

 

                     

                                             https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.png

 

 

 

Next morning, Sungyeol woke him up in a hurry.

“L-ah! Hurry up, get ready. We are going now.” L was still in daze. He rubbed his sleepy eyes cutely and murmured, “Where?”

Sungyeol wanted to squeal so hard at the beautiful sight in front but restrained himself because they would miss the train if they are late.

“To Kyoto! Where else?!” Sungyeol tried to pull L out of bed.

“Yeol- ah, I told you I don’t want to go.” L tried to go back to his slumber land.  

Sungyeol paused for a second hearing his nickname being called by L for the very first time. The name sounded so good rolling out of L’s mouth.

But he had no time to dwell in this as well. Argh, this rush is not allowing him to feel all the feelings that are totally exciting and new to him.

“You know it’s very rude to decline someone’s gift.” Sungyeol tried to pull the blanket which L was using as shield.

L tried to cover himself more because he didn’t want to see the sad eyes of Sungyeol.

On the other hand, Sungyeol is not someone who is giving up type. So, he pulled the blanket again. This pulling and pushing game went on for a while till Sungyeol fell heavily onto L with their noses touching each other.  Both had red painted in their cheeks.

Sungyeol immediately got up. Striking off the non-existent dust from his clothe, Sungyeol accused, “This is all due to you.”

L too got up now and defended himself, “If only you had left me alone, this would not happened!”

 

 

Sungjong entered in the room at exactly the same time.
              

  “Sungyeol hyung, I am going….” The poor maknae paused seeing the flustered face of both.

“Oh..I am sorry. Did I disturb you in anything?!”

Almost in unison, both denied, “NO!”

Sungjong scrunched his nose telling, “Strong denial means agreeing. I smell something fishy.”

Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong by his neck, “There is nothing going on, you little!”

Sungjong coughed like he was choked to death, “Ok..ok! Please spare my life, hyung.”

Easing his neck, Sungjong spoke, “I just came to bid goodbye to you hyung. See you after the vacation. Don’t miss me too much.” Sungjong blinked.

“Get away fast…go…go…”, Sungyeol tried to shoo off the irritating maknae.

“Oh…seems like someone is in hurry! Continue what you were doing before.” Sungjong ran off to the door to save his life from the tall strong choding hyung.

“Yahhh….” Sungyeol screamed at the top of his lungs! But he had other important things to take care of rather than following that mischievous boy~

Sungyeol turned to the handsome boy who was still in his morning face, messy hair, disordered dress but still managed to look stunning. “Yah, now get up fast and move. I swear if we miss the train, I am going take you to middle of jungle and leave you there.”

L was still reluctant but Sungyeol hold his bag, threw some clothes and pulled the hesitant boy from his bed.

“I don’t want to be a burden.” L said in such a low voice but Sungyeol was able to catch it anyways.

“Oh dear Lord! Is that why you were being childish. You are not a burden, you are a valuable asset to whoever gets to be with.” Sungyeol said in such commanding voice, L was almost on the verge of tears, not because he was loud but because he felt like he has some value after all.

To hide his up roaring emotions, L pulled his hand away from Sungyeol’s grasps and said, “Let me wash my face, at least.”

With this, their journey to Kyoto started.

 

 

                                                 https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.png

 

 

 

Luckily they reached the train station on time. Sungyeol heard a heart filling laughter ringing in the atmosphere.

“Woah~ His laughter is louder than mine. I want to see the person’s face.” Sungyeol dragged L to the source of the voice.

Coming closer L’s eyes enlarged.

The person too saw the duo, a wide smile plastered his face.

“Myungsoo!” The owner of the laughter exclaimed.

“Myungsoo!” Sungyeol whispered.

L’s hand started to sweat feverously.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N : Is L’s past going to reveal now? Who is the person they met? Will Sungyeol’s trust in L or say Myungsoo now retain as before.

Haha…further would be disclosed in next chapter~

 

Thank you so much all the wonderful people who subscribed, commented, upvoted, spent time reading and supporting the fic. Each of you are DAEBAK!

 

On the other note, I am so happy to see the individual activities of all INFINITE members. Good to see Gyu’s Island Trio, Sungjong’s Master Key, L’s Little Big Hero, Hoya’s drama shoot and AND Sungyeol’s drama script reading!!! Yey!!! I am so happy to see him in lead role :)) They look so lively in today’s Vlive! I don’t need subs to enjoy them interacting…hehe…