Chapter 20

Reminiscences

“M…Myungsoo! What are you doing here?” Sungyeol got up immediately from his seat.

 

An hour back :

Myungsoo and his parents reached the airport. They were resting in the bench available, his mom was checking if they brought everything. Myungsoo was sitting there while playing with his phone mindlessly.

His mom was noticing the discomfort in her youngest son’s demeanor so, carefully she asked, “Honey, is there anything troubling you?”

Myungsoo was startled by the sudden voice but he calmed down and just kept playing with his phone.

His dad too had felt the tension so, he approached the said boy and patted his shoulders.

“Myungsoo, you know you can always share everything with us right! We are worried to see you like this dear. If there is anything in your mind, just speak up.”

Getting the encouragement from both his parents, Myungsoo looked up at them. “Can I not come along?”

“What?!” Both his parents asked in unison, they were taken aback.

“I mean, can you two return home without me. I don’t want to go to Korea.”

“Is there any problem son? Did anything happen when you were there?” His mother asked.

Getting no response from Myungsoo, his dad then asked the question, they had been longing to hear the answer, “Did you have a fight with Sunggyu before you came to Japan?”

“A…aniyo! Why would I fight with hyung?” Myungsoo didn’t want to trouble his parents. So, he immediately said the first thing that came to his mind, “I love Sungyeol and I don’t want to part from him for that long.”

And once again they failed to get the answer. But seeing both of their son trying so hard to not let the cat slip out of the bag, they assumed something big must have happened between them.

But they knew that both Kim brothers are stubborn and will keep their mouth shut so, they just went with the flow.

“That we guessed during your video chats itself and seeing him in person and watching you two, we had already figure it out!” His mom said with a loving smile.

“But you can come back after 3 months and meet him again. You have been far from home for 4 long years, don’t you yearn to be there.” His father tried to persuade.

“Maybe next time Appa. I will make sure to visit you when I have enough guts.” Myungsoo whispered more to himself.

“Huh?”

“Please let me stay here. I am really happy that you came to meet me so far and I got to feel your warmth after all these years. I love you Appa, I love you Eomma. But please, please I can’t go home right now.” Myungsoo was in the brink of tears.

 

 

Myungsoo’s parents felt helpless to see their beloved son in that painful situation. They could not force him so, they bid goodbye and asked him to take care of own self well. 

 

 

 

 

“Can I explain in train?” Myungsoo pleaded.

Sungyeol went to his grandmom to inform that Myungsoo would be joining them which the kind granny welcomed whole-heartedly.

 

On the ride back home, Sungyeol’s grandma quickly fell asleep due to tiredness.

“Spill.” Sungyeol said sternly. It was good to have more time to spend with each other but this time he really hoped Myungsoo would go his home and amend things with Sunggyu. He wanted Myungsoo to have cleared the air between the brothers. He wanted Myungsoo to laugh with no hunch when he enjoys something! He wanted Myungsoo to have comfortable night sleep with no tears in his eyes.

After listening patiently to the entire happenings, Sungyeol kept quiet. Myungsoo knew that the elder must be angry with him so, he did not dare look at him in the eyes.

“You really need to man up, Myungsoo.” With this Sungyeol just lied down in his seat and took a cap to cover his face.

Myungsoo knew that he had really screwed this time if the forever bubbly Sungyeol is this angry with him.

Sungyeol was disappointed in the younger. He was sure that it was only misunderstanding that was separating them so, he wished the brothers to clear it. He was upset that Myungsoo chickened out at the last moment.

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol collected his and his Grandma’s things and got off the train. Myungsoo followed them but with heavy heart.

He wanted to cry so bad since the only person who loved him is ignoring him completely. He wanted to turn back to Tokyo but again he could not just suddenly disappear after telling Grandma that he wanted to spend holidays with them.

Sungyeol was giving the silent treatment to the younger. He was really bitter with Myungsoo’s retreat. When they reached home, they had dinner and directly went to sleep since all of them were tired. There was only few words exchanged between the two boys when needed. Sungyeol’s Grandma noticed it but let it slide. Sometimes people have arguments but they need to learn to solve them by themselves timely. She hoped tomorrow would be a fresh day but no, they were still in bad terms.

She could also feel that Sungyeol was the one giving cold shoulders to the younger while Myungsoo was too scared to approach the elder.

 

 

                      https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.pnghttps://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n80JntFsuwFoSOaJuCvPVCElxwt9DxfjEVANLqD6yICxIshaUmO4OamfAOx_NAuukp64G8DcNFNVktkBTZYU4dPkP94b0zDaDX3QuURMIGhhNT4=s0-d-e1-ft#https://my.pottermore.com/assets/img/email/separator-icon.png

 

 

 

After 3 days of observing, the elder lady thought that it’s time for her to intervene. So, when Sungyeol was working in the garden backyard, she approached him.

“Aigoo…the weather today is just right! Neither too hot, nor too cold.”

Sungyeol turned back to face his grandma properly.

“I know right, halmoni. Today is a good day.”

“It can be better if you talk to Myungsoo.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened when he heard what his Grandma just said.

“W…what do you mean?” Sungyeol scolded himself for stammering.

“Do you think you can hide things from your own halmoni?”

“I am not hiding anything.”

“Then tell me why you are not speaking to Myungsoo.”

“Uhm…that…that…”

“See…you are crystal clear in my eyes dear!” The soft look in his Grandma made him want to hug her which he did and took a long sigh.

“I really wanted Myungsoo to return his home this time and make things up with his hyung but he backed out in the last moment. So, I am upset. My only wish was him to make-up and really be happy whole-heartedly.” Sungyeol was only wishing the best for the younger.

“Yeol-ah, we don’t need to rush. If something’s bound to happen, it will happen. It’s better to wait a while and have things fall into place than to rush and have things fall apart.”

Sungyeol analyzed the words and nodded.

“You are right halmoni. Myungsoo does not deserve this treatment!”

He immediately got up, thanked his grandma, hugged her once more before running inside home, screaming “Myungsoo-ah!”

 

 


 

 

 

A/N : Old people are much wiser than us!

 

Btw, Sunggyu looks so fine in military. His schedule is packed there too~

And Hyunnie is being tooo adorable in Photo People and he is working in 2 musicals…wow!

Our Dino is forever happy virus and enjoying his friendship with Altar Boys crew^^

Myungsoo completed his solo fan meet in BKK!

And Sungyeol needs to come away from his hiding spot! Even his crew members has to give him a shout out!

And I am excited for Hoya’s Dancing High. He is also starring in Diabolic Happiness xD