Chapter 5

Reminiscences

Sungyeol didn’t bring up the issue about why the Silent Prince was so silent. He just kept on being friend with L and tried to build up the bond.

While L was trying his best on study for his upcoming exam, Sungyeol was only excited for the semester break. “L-ah, you know, my Grandma lives in Kyoto. She is such a nice person, she is the one who changed my life for better. Before I used to be with her all the time but as I joined the University, I have to be away from her. I miss her so much. Now finally after this exam is over, I can go meet her. I am so excited.” He was jumping like a kindergarten kid who is waiting for his mother to come fetch him from school.

Talking about his mother, L wondered why he has not heard much about his parents. Sungyeol always talks about his Grandma but never about his parents. L didn’t want to be nosy so, he never asked.

“I think your Grandma would be very happy if you go meet her after you complete your exam with good grades.” L tried to focus on his study and let that happy deer to leave him alone.

Sungyeol thought about it and exclaimed, “Yesss. My grandma would be very happy if I get good marks.”

L regretted suggesting him to study because now Sungyeol was begging him to be his tutor.

“L-ah. Don’t be stingy. Sharing is caring.  Help me in my study and I will give you the greatest reward you have never thought of.” Sungyeol was pleading with his doe eyes and cutest aegyo. L pondered how a grown up man could be so adorable but he fell for it nonetheless.

L and Sungyeol spent more time together preparing for the exam. They shared many things about themselves, that mostly Sungyeol did. L was a silent audience. Though Sungyeol didn’t get much reaction from the other party, he is content that L is at least not avoiding him. Sometimes, L talked about how he loved photography and he has been passionate about it since his childhood, how he wished to have a tour around Japan to make his first photo album. L didn’t expose much about his family and neither did Sungyeol but they were content with what they have right now.

 

 

 

 

 

                     ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼

 

 

 

 

 

Whenever Sungyeol met Sungjong, he apologized to the diva. “Sorry, Sungjong ah. I have not been able to be with you more recently. But I have some work to handle. Please understand. But I love you always, saranghae!” Sungyeol made a big heart shape with both his stretched hands.

Sungjong could not get angry with this ball of sunshine but that does not mean he is accepting his apology that soon.

“I know what you are busy in. It’s about L right. Now that you have got him, you don’t need others right.” Sungjong said crossing his hands.

“NO…NO…NO..! It’s not like that. You know that I am trying to make him open up but that does not mean I am neglecting my friends. You are always my best friend Jongie.” Sungyeol tried to pinch those soft cheeks of Sungjong only for his hands to be swatted away.

“Then promise me to have dinner tonight together.” To be honest, Sungjong missed the happy virus running around him and always finding him and troubling him. He missed the elder’s contagious laugh. He missed his stupid jokes.

“But…” Sungyeol hesitated thinking about leaving L at home alone.

Seeing the pause, Sungjong felt little dejected, “So, that’s a no?”

That expression was rare to be found in Sungjong so, Sungyeol immediately shouted, “I am coming. But can I bring L as well?”

“That was what bugging you? Sure more the merrier!” Sungjong chimed in.

 

 

 

 

 

                     

                                         ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼

 

 

 

 

 

L was being the Silent Prince as usual at the dinner table. Sungjong didn’t feel uncomfortable but didn’t know how to behave in front of the mannequin like person. It was a great relief that Sungyeol was there to break the silence. Sungjong praised Sungyeol internally for being able to withstand such person.

After placing their orders, Sungyeol asked about Sungjong’s days and his classes. They were catching up with the things they missed out. All of a sudden, Sungjong blurted, “I miss you hyung. I miss our little chit-chats like this. We clicked together immediately and I felt so close to you. I can understand you are busy now but still…” Sungjong trailed off.

Sungyeol felt bad for ignoring the younger for these few days. “I am so sorry Jongie. I promise to make time for you.” Sungyeol said in an apologetic tone but Sungjong being the angel, was not angry with his hyung at all.

“No problem hyung. We can at least hang out during lunch if you are busy before and after classes.” Sungjong made a deal. “Promise?”
Sungyeol forwarded his pinky to show his agreement. “Promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

L was watching the whole scene quietly and observing the relationship between the two. What’s their actual relationship, why are they so close? How could they exchange “I miss you” in such casual way? Are they kids to make pinky promises? Why do they need to meet every day?  L was pondering in his thoughts, in the meanwhile meal was served to them.

Sungyeol immediately devoured into the food as if he had been hungry for weeks but the expression he had after taking the first bite was worth watching.

“Mmm…L-ah! You should try this. It’s really good. I am sure this will be your favorite dish beside Udon.” Sungyeol forwarded a spoonful of Takoyaki towards L which he ignored absolutely. Instead he kept on eating his own food.

Sungyeol felt disheartened a bit but that was expected, L was the Silent Prince and it was wrong of him to expect something more from him. Sungjong felt bad for the happy virus so, he took the spoon and fed himself.

“Hm…it’s really delicious hyung.” Sungjong said clicking his tongue.

“I know right! Let’s finish it before it gets cold.” Sungyeol was back to his normal self.

Sungyeol was eating happily and when he is happy it’s surely messy. The food was spilled over the plate and there were some sauce in his lips. .Sungjong wiped the sauce with his fingers. “Aw, hyung. You are so clumsy.”

“Ah, mian! It was just too tasty. It’s not my fault, it’s the food who needs to be blamed.” Sungyeol said cutely earning squeal from Sungjong visibly and the Silent Prince just swallowed the lump in his throat.

“Why are you so cute hyung.” Sungjong pinched Sungyeol’s cheeks.

Sungyeol glared at the maknae, he might have thought he looked scary but he just looked extra cute. “I am not cute, I am a grown up man.” Sungyeol stomped his feet which went completely opposite than his words.

The scenes unfolding before him got L all riled up so, he took out the money, banged it in the table and stated he is leaving.

 

Both Sung brothers were amused at L’s behavior.

 

 

 

 

                     

                                            ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼ ∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼

 

 

 

 

 

At dorm, L was self-reflecting. He didn’t know why he was so aggravated and why he reacted that way. This feeling is totally new to him. He knew he utterly ruined the atmosphere but now he didn’t know how to apologize.

When the door creaked open L acted like he was sleeping. Sungyeol entered the room and went straight to his bedroom because he didn’t want to face L right now.

After freshening up, Sungyeol went to bed. He was surprised to see a cute card in his pillow. He opened it and smile immediately spread in his face.

“Sungyeol-ah! I am sorry for my action.

Please don’t get angry.

I don’t want to lose my Best Friend.

P.S. You were too cute throughout the entire day.”

The card was beautiful, L’s handwriting was beautiful but Sungyeol was all smiling due to the words he had written “Best Friend”!  Sungyeol felt so happy to have that title!

He jumped and went to L’s bedroom but when he saw him sleeping he didn’t have the heart to wake him up. Sungyeol tip toed till L’s bed, sat down in front of him, watched each feature of L’s handsome face closely and whispered “Phabo” before leaving him.

He was totally unaware about the big smile that had decorated L’s face.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N : Thank you all you wonderful people who supported the fic. And my sincere apologies for late update but recently I am so much caught up at work.

Leaving these aside, I am so happy to see Infinite and Hoya Updates. They are being active in their own way. Infinite did great as rearranging themselves as six members, Hoya’s part was well done!

On  the other hand, I am also excited for Hoya’s album, musical and drama and  guess the new company is treating him well~