Chapter 1

Was Never

Jeongyeon had just opened the door and saw Momo with a huge lugguage. "Momo? What is it? Why are you carrying a lugguage?" Jeongyeon asked. "Jaebum kicked me out." Momo said softly. Jeongyeon was obviously angry and let Momo in. "Are you alright Momo? Do you need a cup of hot chocolate?" Jeongyeon asked. Momo nodded and sat down. Jeongyeon retreated to the kitchen. Momo touched her belly and sighed. Jeongyeon handed her a cup of hot chocolate. "Momoring, are you alright?" Jeongyeon asked she handed her a cup of hot chocolate. Momo nodded. "You know, after all this. Jaebum is going to take it back right?" Momo nodded. Jaebum was contracted to take the baby away as the heir of Im Inc. Momo sighed and took a sip of the hot chocolate. "Wanna go out tomorrow?" Momo nodded. She returned to the guest room and cried herself to sleep. 

The next day...

Jeongyeon and Momo explored the streets of Seoul when Momo suddenly felt contractions and was sent to the hospital. Her baby was in the incubator and she was sent to the ICU. Momo woke up after giving birth wanted to see her baby but Jaebum qas already there. Momo was discharged after awhile because she doesn't want to run into Jaebum. Jaebum came over to pick his baby after. Im Joonhi, Momo knows. She picked thar name out of the million of names she was given. Momo clenched her heart as she took her lugguage from the hospital and left. She returned to her family house soon after and her mother knew everything that happened. 

4 year later...

Momo blew candles sadly as she remembered her boy's birthday. She knew her boy couldn't be with her today physically but he'll be with her mentally. Momo smiled softly as she packed her clutch and walked out. She arrived at JYP kindergarten where Jonghyun was operating with his girlfriend, Luna. It was also where Momo worked. Momo greeted the 2 and proceeded to the teacher's office. She was preparing for work.

"Momo! There is a new student joining your class today." Luna said as she held the clipboard. "Ah, yes. Thank you unnie." Momo replied. She proceeded to the playroom where the kids where playing. "Good morning, Ms Hirai!" The kids chorused. "Good morning everyone." Momo greeted back. The kids continued playing. Her female student, Hyeri walked up to her shyly. "Ms Hirai! I want to invite you to my party!" Hyeri said. Momo smiled and took the envelope from her hands. "Thank you Hyeri. I'mm be sure to attend." Momo replied. Hyeri smiled and went to play with Irene. Momo placed the envelope to her clutch. She was walking back from the teacher's office.

"Momo! Just in time. Your new student is here." Luna said. Momo turned around and looked at the young boy. "Hello, teacher. My name is Im Joonhi." Joonhi smiled. Momo felt her heart ache. It was her boy standing in front of her. She held back herself and smiled back. "Hello, I am Miss Hirai. Come on now. We can put your bag in the locker and play." Momo said.

Joonhi's uncle wanted to speak to Momo. "I'm pretty sure you know about his identity." His uncle, Kris Wu said. Momo nods. "Well, here are the photos. I took care of Joonie since young and so here. Everything is labled and oh, don't worry his dad doesn't know." Kris said. Momo sighed of relive. "Thank you." Momo said taking the pictures. Kris smiled and gave Joonhi a gokbye hug before going off. Momo looked at Joonhi and smiled. Luna had already went to her class. Momo removed Joonhi's bag and placed it in the locker. Joonhi froze and didn't move.

"What's wrong Joonhi?" Momo asked. "Daddy said I could not go anywhere without his permission." Joonhi whispered. 'How did he raise this kid.' Momo sighed. "Well, your dad isn't here is he? You get to meet new friends here. Don't feel restrained." Momo said taking his hand and letting him walk infront as she led him into the classroom where all the kids have already sat themselves down.

"Hush hush! Class is starting." Momo said as Joonhi walked in with her. "Alright class, we have a new student. Introduce yourself." Momo said smiling. "Hello, my name is Im Joonhi." Joonhi greeted. Everyone clapped but Joonhi got startled and hid behind Momo. "Joonhi, its alright." Momo comforted. "Joonhi, they are your friends. They won't hurt you." Momo said. Joonhi nodded and stood beside her. "Alright, Joonhi you can sit beside Hyeri." Momo said. "Hyeri raise up your hand." Hyeri rwised up her hand eagerly she was excited to meet a new friend. "Hello! I am Hyeri." Hyeri greeted when Joonhi appraoched. Joonhi sat down beside her. Momo smiled and started the lesson. 

She gave out some colouring papers. The students all took out their colouring materials except Joonhi. Momo appraoched Joonhi. "Joonhi where are your colouring materials?" Momo asked as she kneeled to Joonhi's eye level. "I left them at home." Joonhi said softly. He was about to cry. Momo walked to her desk and took out her colouring materials. "Here you go! Don't cry anymore." Momo said wiping his tears. Joonhi sniffled and started colouring. Momo returned to her seat and let the kids colouring on their own.

It was soon lunchtime and the kidsall went on to eat but Joonhi was still colouring. Momo was marking thier art work and giving them some prasing stickers. Momo looked up to see Joonhi still focused on his work. "Joonhi! Why aren't you eating?" Momo asked. "Ms Hirai. I'm almost done." Momo nodded and proceeded to paste the art work on the wall. Joonhi was still colouring when Momo was done. "Ms Hirai. I'm done!" Joonhi said. Momo took the artwork over and returned to her desk as Joonhi trailed behind her. "What's this?" Momo asked. It was an art work of what seems to be a girl and a boy, Momo guessed that the biy is Joonhi.

"It is for Ms Hirai. Ms Hirai is so kind to Joonhi. Joonhi likes Ms Hirai. Ms Hirai makes Joonhi happy!" Joonhi smiled. "Why?" Momo asked. "Daddy never tells me about mummy so it is upsetting. Joonhi wants Ms Hirai to be his mommy." The words hitted Momo hard on. "Thank you Joonhi. Now will you have lunch?" Momo asked. "I didn't bring my lunch." Joonhi said. "Well, you can have mine." Momo smiled. "No, Miss Hirai you have to eat. I can go hungry." Joonhi said. "No, kids should not go hungry over this. Comeone go and eat. I have bread." Momo said handing him her lunchbox. Joonhi hesitated but took it at the end.

Joonhi entered the lunchroom hesitantly. He ran back to the classroom again. Momo was preparing for the next class. "Yes Joonhi?" Momo asked. "Can I eat here?" Joonhi asked. Momo nodded but spreaded out some tissues on the table first incased he made a mess. Momo took out her bread and eat it quickly. She checked her phone for a short while. Joonhi ate her bento halfway. "Miss Hirai!" Joonhi aaid. Momo opened the bento and saw it half empty. "Why? Is it not nice?" Momo asked. "No, Miss Hirai cooks very well. But seeing Miss Hirai eat bread only makes me guilty." Momo smiled and patted his head. "Thank you." Momo smiled. Joonhi smiled back and sat down infront of Momo. Momo took a bite of her bento and finished it quickly. 

Momo finished her afternoon lessons and the kids were ready to go home. Momo was on night duty. She was to stay until the last kid went home. Joonhi was last of course. He drew some stuff on a piece of paper. "Sorry I'm late!" A voice called. "Uncle!" Joonhi called. Momo looked up and saw Kris Wu, Jaebum's cousin. "Hello. Sorry I'm late!" Kris said. Momo smiled and nodded.  Joonhi got his bag and bid Momo goodbye. Momo waved, she got her things and left.